TV Alert: "In Their Own Words" Jim Henson Special on PBS Tuesday September 15, 2015

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
I caught it about 15 minutes after it started. It was absolutely WONDERFUL!!!(I don't think I missed anything too important.) It was nice to see a lot of the Muppeteers on there. I got teary eyed when Big Bird was singing "Rainbow Connection. " (anyone else besides me?)
It was Being Green, not Rainbow Connection.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
It's available online at the PBS site now: http://video.pbs.org/video/2365557703/

Interestingly, it says that it expires on September 15, 2022. I wonder if that's an error, or if most programs available for streaming expire after so long. Seems like a long amount of time for it to be available for streaming on the site.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Like we said before this felt like Jim Henson biography by Brian Jay Jones but more of a quicker one come I enjoyed it I didn't like seeing that video of Grover cookie Abby and Elmo, also I have a question what did Jim cancel on the last day he was still around was sesame sketches, recording session, or a muppet workshop.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
As said before, this felt like a quick version of the new Jim Henson biography, but I still enjoyed it.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
One thing that surprised me from both this and the Walt Disney documentary PBS had also been show is that you can apparently say G-D on TV now; and this after just recently that you can now apparently say "dick" in the dirty context on TV now too. So, how much longer before you can start dropping F and S-bombs on TV?

MelissaY1

Reaction score
I thought this was a great special. It always amazes me no matter how many Henson bio things I've seen, I still learn new things, and see footage I never saw before. Plus it was great to see something focused just on Jim so close to the premiere of the new TV show and his birthday.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Sadly, I didn't get to see this special.

I really wanted to see it though.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Great documentary, but obvously more of the same, I liked the interviews, but they brushed by too quickly on the movies, with GMC barely getting a mention, and MTM getting nothing at all. Also many of the puppeteers were not even mentioned, while Dave Goelz was interviewed he was not mentioned in the documentry, and neither was Jerry Nelson, Richard Hunt, or Steve Whitmire. Though in the given one hour timeslot there was enough, and it was a pretty good documentry though the book is obviously way more detailed, and full of information.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
It almost felt like watching an abridged version of JIM HENSON: THE BIOGRAPHY, though I very much enjoyed it.

I thought Eisner had died a few years back, but I guess not, so I was a little surprised to see him interviewed.
Yeah. There's way too much bad language on TV anymore, but I won't vent about it here. That's a whole other story.

As for the special, I enjoyed it for the most part. I worry about Bob McGrath though. He wasn't looking to well there. Anybody else notice this?