• Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help.
  • Sesame moves to HBO Max
    Sesame Street is moving to the new HBO Max streaming service for Seasons 51-55. HBO Max will also stream a broad collection of classic episodes from the past 50 years.
  • 50 Years and Counting
    Read our review and discuss with fans the highly anticipated Sesame Street "50 Years and Counting" DVD set from Shout Factory featuring over five hours of beloved moments.
  • "Muppets Now" announced for Disney+
    It's finally official. A new, unscripted short-form series, “Muppets Now”, is coming to Disney+ in 2020. Let us know your thoughts on the Muppets big announcement.
  • The Dark Crystal: "Age of Resistance"
    After a 36 year wait, return to the great conjunction. The Dark Crystal "Age of Resistance" is a mesmerizing and beautiful prequel series now on Netflix. Renew your essence today.
  • Music is Everywhere
    Muppet Central Radio is now on TorontoCast, TuneIn and Apple Music. Listen to Muppet music 24/7 wherever you go with TuneIn and Apple apps and devices.

Trading Sesame Street Episodes

MuppetDude

Reaction score
nikoleaw said:
Hello,

I'm searching desperately for episodes of SS that aired in the 1970s and 80s. I don't care which ones they are, or what skits they have. I'm pregnant, and I just want my child to be able to share in something that meant so much to me when I was little. I don't have any episodes to trade but I do have the original cast album of Sesame Street, the album of "Grover Sings The Blues" and the album of "Ernie's Greatest Hits" all of which I can burn to cd (I also have "Alien Nation", "The X Files" and "The Lone Gunmen" if anyone wanted that) and because this is an endeavor I'm undertaking for my child, I'm really not looking to become a tape trader--I just want a few tapes that show something other than Elmo and that were filmed in a way and with a storytelling style that's different than the current series is done. If anyone can help, please email me.

Thank you!!!!

Nikole
That sounds fair. :smile: I'll trade you as many episodes as you wish in exchange for the following CDs:
--The Sesame Street Book and Record (Original Cast--that's the one from 1970 and has 20 songs, right?
--Grover Sings the Blues
--Ernie's Greatest Hits (How old is this album?)

MuppetDude

Reaction score
For Ernie81981 and Rasha85, I'll help you after I can trade with Mikealan--if I can trade with him...

P

Philo and Gunge

I also would like to trade episodes with people, I have:
#1364 (The Droids Visit Sesame Street, 1980)
#1839 (Mr. Hooper's Death, 1983)
#3006 (Grandma's Day, 1993)
#3008 (Roxy Marie's Train Set, 1993)
#3104 (Telly Does Stuff With A Cast On, 1993)
#3105 (Telly Dresses As Mr. Handford's Father, 1993)
#3135 (Big Bird And Snuffy Go On An Adventure, 1993)
#3136 (25th Season Premire, 1994)
#3137 (Celia's Dance Studio Class, 1994)
#3171 (The Grand High Triangle Lover Story, 1994)
#3980 (Hurricane on Sesame Street Part 5, 2001)
#3981 (33rd Season Premire, 2002)
#4000 (The Legend Of Elephante, 2002)
#4031 (Karoke Night At Hooper's Store, 2003)
#4054 (Baby Bear Worries About His Future Sibling, 2003)
#4055 (Curly Bear Is Born, 2003)
#4056 (Curly Bear Comes Home, 2003)

mikealan

Reaction score
MuppetDude said:
Wow...

I'd like to trade with all of you, but (don't hate me for this) I'd like to trade with Mikealan first since he has a wide variety of episodes. Besides, he's been wanting to trade with me too, but we never get around to it! Mainly because I can't e-mail him. Mikealan, how can I get in touch with you? I'd like to tell you what I'd like to trade in an e-mail or a new forum message, but you always seem to disappear. Tell me how I can get into contact with you.
My email is mikealan802@aol.com

MuppetDude

Reaction score
I still can't get through. Try e-mailing me through Muppet Central's e-mail (click on my Username and you'll find it).

BTW, to all: Once I receive Mikealan's episodes, I will tell everyone what I wish to trade for, so please be patient.

mikealan

Reaction score
MuppetDude,

I'm going to tape #162, #355, #406, #514, #1364, #1396, #1709, #1710, #2558, and #2574 for ya this President's Week!

grolen

Reaction score
I also want to trade for more episodes.

I have the following 6 episodes from Noggin, but I am looking for more to share with my daughter:

#1 - Gordon introduces Sally
#276 - Season 3 premiere - first Snuffy
#1364 - Droids on SS
#1396 - 2nd Droids episode
#1740 - Water shortage

I'm only interested in episodes made with Jim Henson (i.e. pre-1991). I also would really like to get ahold of the Paul SImon/Ladysmith Black Mambazo episode.

Anyone interested write to tichase@hotmail.com (make subject line clear).

:stick_out_tongue:

Dantecat

Reaction score
Hey Philo and Gunge,What Muppet Skits do you get on Episode #'s:

Which ones Philo and Gunge :confused:

nikoleaw

Reaction score
MuppetDude said:
That sounds fair. :smile: I'll trade you as many episodes as you wish in exchange for the following CDs:
--The Sesame Street Book and Record (Original Cast--that's the one from 1970 and has 20 songs, right?
--Grover Sings the Blues
--Ernie's Greatest Hits (How old is this album?)
Sorry for the delay--I didn't even notice that you had replied! I'm new to this whole bulletin board set-up!

Yes, the SS Book and Record is the original cast from 1970 with 20 songs.
Grover Sings The Blues is from 1974
Ernie's Greatest Hits is also I believe from 1974 (this is not the newer "Bert & Ernie's Greatest Hits", but the original release, which was only Ernie and is apparently now impossible to find. I'll double check the release date when I get home, but suffice it to say I grew up with all three of these albums, so they're all at least 30 years old!)

You can email me at nikoleaw@aol.com to finalize details. I can't thank you enough for this!!!! (Baby Ben is also thanking you!) Nikole