Tough Pigs Muppetational May Challenge

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Today Twitter is down whenever I click on the hashtag Muppetational May. I want to see other people's picks but for now I'll have to settle for seeing them in my news feed or clicking on Twitter pages for those participating. Actually, I clicked on a few other hashtags and got the same error. So hashtag searches are down.

My picks from the last week:
  • Day 4: Muppet thing I have changed my mind about: I originally thought Muppets from Space was better than the previous post-Jim movies and originally thought The Muppets' Wizard of Oz was better than the other literature films but now I feel The Muppet Christmas Carol is the best of both categories.
  • Day 5: Muppet product I am most proud of: My Palisades figures.
  • Day 6: Four favorite monsters: Gorgon Heap, Behemoth, Doglion, Thog.
  • Day 7: Favorite Muppet website: Muppet Wiki.
  • Day 8: Favorite Muppet talk show appearance: Jim Henson on The Dick Calvett Show, 1971.
  • Day 9: Favorite Muppet reference on a non-Muppet show: The Muppets Go Medevil on The Simpsons.
  • Day 10: four favorite Kermit songs: Once in a Lifetime, Happy Feet, Right Where I Belong, A Song from Kermit.
  • Day 11: Four favorite Bert and Ernie songs: Rubber Duckie, The National Association of W Lovers, But I Like You, La La La.
  • Day 12: Four favorite Big Bird songs: The Sound of the Letter A, The Happiest Street in the World, I'm So Blue, The Christmas Song.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I didn't realize until the favorite Grover song and/or sketch day that they put "and/or" for bot Grover and Cookie Monster, meaning we could list a song and sketch.

My picks for the past week:
  • Day 13: Best Statler and Waldorf joke: "We'd love to see your act!"/"in fact we'd hate to miss your act!"/"in fact we'd love to hate your act!"
  • Day 14: Best Grover song and/or sketch: Song -Monster in the Mirror, sketch - Monsterpiece Theater: Chariots of Fur.
  • Day 15: Best Cookie Monster song and/or sketch: song - C is for Cookie, sketch - Beat the Time.
  • Day 16: Best Jim Henson Character: Dr. Teeth.
  • Day 17: Best Frank Oz Character: Grover.
  • Day 18: Best Richard Hunt character: Beaker.
  • Day 19: Best Dave Goelz character: Boober Fraggle.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Mine from the past week:
  • Day 20: Best puppetry trick: Gonzo on the balloons (The Muppet Movie).
  • Day 21: Favorite character from The Dark Crystal or Labyrinth: Hoggle.
  • Day 22: Favorite parody starring the classic Muppets: Tales from the Vet (a lot of people picked things that I wouldn't really consider parodies).
  • Day 23: Favorite parody starring the Sesame Street Muppets: Online, the 1980s mash-up, on the show, Monsterpiece Theater and Miami Mice.
  • Day 24: Least favorite Muppet: Mr. Poodlepants.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
It's the start of the last day of Muppetational May, here's my remaining choices:
Day 25: Best song from a classic Muppet movie: "You Can't Take No for an Answer"
Day 26: Best song from a later Muppet movie: "We're Doing a Sequel"
Day 27: Favorite Fraggle character from Fraggle Rock: Boober.
Day 28: Favorite non-Fraggle character from Fraggle Rock: Junior
Day 29: Favorite Muppet book: For fiction Muppet book I chose Two for the Show, for fiction Sesame Street I chose Ernie's Big Mess, for fiction Fraggle Rock I chose Boober's Giant Wish, and for non-fiction books I picked Jim Henson: The Biography.
Day 30: Last Muppet production watched: The Great Muppet Caper (quite a few people tweeted this one)
Day 31: What do the Muppets mean to you (okay, me): Everything!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
When it came to favorite songs from classic and later Muppet films, I wondered if anyone would list both Rainbow Connection and/or Together Again for both.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
June is almost over, and Tough Pigs has not done an article tallying up the results from this year. And last year, that article came on the first of June. I wonder what's going on.

Of course Toughpigs does have a lot of different things going on this month (they also still haven't posted results or at least named winners for the Sesame Street "somebody come and poll" poll from April).