Top 5 people you'd like to meet in heaven

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Do you mean people that we haven't met in this life, or people that we want to be reaquainted with?
In a mix of both I would say...

my grandmother
my friend who died last month
Jim Henson
Jerry Juhl
Richard Hunt

As for people I've never met...

Jim Henson
Jerry Juhl
John Denver
Richard Hunt
Walt Disney, (I feel part of the reason they're companies are so at odds with fans is that they are rather similar, so it would be interesting to have a discussion with them!)

dabauckham

Reaction score
Fragglemuppet said:
Do you mean people that we haven't met in this life, or people that we want to be reaquainted with?
Doesn't really matter, though I suppose I was thinking more of people that we haven't met before, since we all share some common knowledge about many of those people. But you know, feel free to interpret the question as you see fit.

I think it's interesting to see people's responses so far. There have been a lot of Jim Hensons, Richard Hunts, Jerry Juhls, which is no big surprise coming from a MC forum. Interesting that several people have mentioned George Harrison, Walt Disney, Charles Schultz, John Denver (tho Denver did have quite a connection to the muppets, as we all know).

If anyone is so inclined they could also include reasons for why they included some of the people they did, though this is certainly not required.

For example, one of the people I listed was John Lennon. I would want to meet him because like Jim Henson, I thought he was a real visionary. I didn't always agree with him, and I think he was a very complex person with some real anger issues (unlike, say Jim Henson), but I think on the inside Lennon was an extremely tender, thoughtful individual who wrote some amazing songs. And boy was he witty! Too bad John Lennon never appeared on TMS - I bet that would've pretty interesting... :halo:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
That's a good point we should have said the reason why. :smile:

George Harrison was a master guitarist and had a great sense of humor. I'd identified most with him though because he was considered "the quiet one." He's always been under rated, he was the first to speak against the Vietnam War, started the first ever Rock charity concert, and made it cool to write pop songs about God and morality. But he just wasn't as flashy as the other Beatles and was never going to get the same attention or appreciation. (I'm a fan of Beatle John Lennon, but not so much his solo career.)

Plus there's a photo somewhere of George with a Kermit doll! :smile:

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
Yeah...a lot of my favorite Beatles tunes, like "Here Comes the Sun" and "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" are George's tunes.

I had just turned 16 when George died. It was a Friday, kinda gray and wet. Typical late November weather. I remember getting up that morning, staggering down the hall still half-asleep, and hearing "Here Comes the Sun" playing on the radio in my brother's room. And then Chris comes out and announces, very formally and solemnly, that George had died.
In homeroom, one of my classmates saw me reading a Beatles magazine, and he asked, "Did that guy die?" When I said yes, he cursed a bit. And in French class that day, after the teacher took roll, she asked us, "Qui est mort?" ("Who has died?") And a bunch of us said "George Harrison" in unison.
I remember one girl, one I never really got along with during high school, immediately asking who George Harrison was. The other kids all seemed kind of shocked when she asked that.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
I think about 99% of forum members would put Jim Henson on the list. I would love to meet him, Richard Hunt, and Jerry Juhl! But since these are givens, I'm going to pick 5 other people for my list.

People I would want to meet in heaven:
My grandma
My grandfather who I've never met
Nellie McClung
Mr. Dressup
Judy Garland

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Muppet Newsgirl said:
I remember one girl, one I never really got along with during high school, immediately asking who George Harrison was. The other kids all seemed kind of shocked when she asked that.
Well at least all the other kids were shocked, hehe. I was the big Beatles fan in the group so everyone was pretty sympathetic. :cry:

BooberKnowsBest

Reaction score
Jim Henson
Richard Hunt
George Harrison
Jerry Juhl
Randy Penland (my guitar teacher. died last month):cry:

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
heralde said:
Well at least all the other kids were shocked, hehe. I was the big Beatles fan in the group so everyone was pretty sympathetic. :cry:
Too true. I mean, most of us here have grown up knowing the Beatles and their music. George and the others had that much impact on our lives.

But this is kinda scary: my mom is on the board of directors for the local literacy council, see, and one of her cohorts teaches a fourth or fifth-grade Sunday School class at his church. And one day, he mentioned the Beatles during the day's lesson...and the kids didn't know who the Beatles were. :eek:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Muppet Newsgirl said:
But this is kinda scary: my mom is on the board of directors for the local literacy council, see, and one of her cohorts teaches a fourth or fifth-grade Sunday School class at his church. And one day, he mentioned the Beatles during the day's lesson...and the kids didn't know who the Beatles were. :eek:
Not so scary, other than my best friend, I'm the only one of my generation in my town who's familiar with shows like Bewitched, I Dream of Jeannie, Rocky and Bullwinkle, all that junk Sid and Marty Krofft did... at least local affiliate stations still air The Andy Griffith Show, Green Acres and M*A*S*H.

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
That is true; when I was a kid, it seemed like I was the only one who listened to what would be termed as classic rock.

But still, when Mom told us that story, my brother's and my jaws dropped.