Today's SS episode

mikebennidict

Reaction score
i think this episodes was mentioned before but i saw it for the 1st time today. Gordon's dad comes to visit and the both of them tell about their younger years with Miles and Elmo and mentions and gordon Mentions himself along with Bob the drummer and Luis the bass player. correct me if i got that wrong. funny considering Gordon says this was in the 70s and we all know SS was running by that time but as Mr. Rogers always use to say, it's all pretend. i likmed Luis' comments about moving to SS and opening a fix-it shop and later a mail-it shop. of course the others said their parts though i can't remember right now. wonder what the 3 of them felt on doing this skit? even now inspite of all the differences on the present day SS it still have some good and funny parts to it.

Rowlf's Roadie

Reaction score
Hmm...something for those Rolling Stone-reading hipsters watching the show...like...me. Well, I'm not a hipster. Just a nerd. But I'm proud.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Yeah. I saw that sketch too. At first I thought it was a flashback of an early episode with Matt as Gordon. That was pretty dumb of me. Lol.

ceecee

Reaction score
I caught that episode too. I loved Bob's "british" accent!

mikebennidict

Reaction score
just saw it again today. one funny statement that was made was when Luis mentioned Maria and 1 of the others mentioned i hope she doesn't break up the band. i know after The Beatles broke up people wouls often accuse Yoko Ono of being rsponsable for them parting and i think the SS writers had that in mind when they wrote that line in.

Dantecat

Reaction score
I Love That Episode Too! But Was Miles Actually Johnny Uno When His Grandpop Said He Was Back Then Mike :confused:

AmazingMumford

Reaction score
I can't believe the Fix it Shop was actually mentioned in this episode, even though it's been 3 years since they got rid of it. I think most of the young children who currently watch Sesame Street do not even know what the Fix it Shop is. That's one of the reasons why I think the show is also for adults.

Dantecat

Reaction score
But Little Kids Right Now Can Also Watch The Old/Vintage SS Too Even Though If They Just Watch The SS! As Long As They Have The Episodes Recorded Off On T.V..

Luna's Fan

Reaction score
For Adults Too

AmazingMumford said:
I can't believe the Fix it Shop was actually mentioned in this episode, even though it's been 3 years since they got rid of it. I think most of the young children who currently watch Sesame Street do not even know what the Fix it Shop is. That's one of the reasons why I think the show is also for adults.
I agree, why can't we adults be a target audience too. I think it is great to watch them look back. Just like when we tell our kids about the good old days. LOL :wink:

superfan

Reaction score
Good point, Luna's Fan...

Makes you wonder... you'd think that the SS staff would know that most of it's viewers/fans are adults!! I mean, gear it for its intended audience, but remember that most of the staff are in the business because it appealed to them for the 'secret' adult jokes and asides!

I wish I had Noggin, so I didn't have to lament on this!