Today's SS episode

Censored

Reaction score
mikebennidict said:
i think this episodes was mentioned before but i saw it for the 1st time today. Gordon's dad comes to visit and the both of them tell about their younger years with Miles and Elmo and mentions and gordon Mentions himself along with Bob the drummer and Luis the bass player. correct me if i got that wrong. funny considering Gordon says this was in the 70s and we all know SS was running by that time but as Mr. Rogers always use to say, it's all pretend. i likmed Luis' comments about moving to SS and opening a fix-it shop and later a mail-it shop. of course the others said their parts though i can't remember right now. wonder what the 3 of them felt on doing this skit? even now inspite of all the differences on the present day SS it still have some good and funny parts to it.
Was it the same actor who played Gordon's father on the family reunion episode in the 90's?

Censored

Reaction score
Daffyfan2003 said:
Yeah. I saw that sketch too. At first I thought it was a flashback of an early episode with Matt as Gordon. That was pretty dumb of me. Lol.

Actually, instead of creating false histories for the characters, they should use such flashback premises as a vehicle to show some of the old episodes, even if it was just up to the time that Roscoe Orman came along.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
The reference Luis made made about the Fix-it-Shop was interesting now that it's returning next season.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey GB... The actor who portrayed Mr. Robinson, Gordon Robinson's Dad in that Season 35 episode was named Carl Gordon. Hope this helps.

Mistoffelees

Reaction score
IMDB lists Carl Gordon as having played Mr. Robinson in the 70's. That doesn't seem right. The actor in this episode looked so familiar though.

Mistoffelees

Reaction score
Well people were just talking about an actor named Carl Gordon playing Mr. Robinson in a season 35 episode, and I had seen this episode as well and the actor looked really familiar and so I looked up Carl Gordon on a website that lists TV/film credits, and it said that Mr. Gordon played Mr. Robinson in the 70's, so now I am wondering whether the website is wrong or whether the actor in the Season 35 episode is not Carl Gordon.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... People from here who peek at imdb.com's listings have reported that the website has a tendency to report various inconsistencies amongst its information.
Hope this helps.