TMS Script - Arthur Brown

D

Dil

Arthur Brown (the god of hellfire) is the leader of the 60's rock group "The Crazy World of Arthur Brown".

Here's the beginning part:

STLYE: Early Season 5 (circa Loretta Swit, Joan Baez)

AIRING DATE: 9/13/80

PRODUCTION DATE: February 20-28, 1980

COLD OPENING

(Pops is seen tapping his fingers, until a knock on the door.)

(Arthur Brown (who is now invisible) opens the door and enters the theater.)

POPS: "Hey, how could somebody open the doors like?"

ARTHUR: "I did."

POPS: "Aahhbulbblblblblalaala... uh, y-you?"

ARTHUR Yes, it is I!"

POPS: (looking up) "Who said it, uh, I mean, here, who said that, nonono, I mean who, who... are you?"

ARTHUR: "Right beside you?"

POPS: "Yes?"

ARTHUR: "I am the god of hellfire, Arthur Brown..."

POPS: "Arthur Brown, the crazy guy who sang 'Fire'?"

ARTHUR: "Yes."

POPS: "I don't see you..."

ARTHUR: "I am invisible, crazy as god, and I shall bring you..."

POPS: "What?"

ARTHUR: (sings) "Fire!"

('Fire' plays, while Pops looks confused.)

POPS: "Whaaat?!"

(cut to close-up of Arthur Brown.)

ARTHUR: (sings) "I'll teach you to learn."

(Arthur is identified from his invisibility to the audience but probably still not Pops.)

OPENING THEME

KERMIT: "It's The Muppet Show with a hot fella, Arthur Brown, the god of (voice echoes) HELLFIIIRRRRREEEE!!!!!!"

GONZO AT THE BEGINNING:
Gonzo's horn burst out a bonfire.
GONZO: "Beware the devil!!"

More coming soon!

BEAR

Reaction score
Interesting. I am not familiar with the guest star, but I appreciate your writings.

D

Dil

And here's the opening number scene:

CURTAIN

KERMIT: "Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you... and welcome again to The Muppet Show! And this is going to be a hot show for you to enjoy, our guest star is the crazy world of Mr. Arthur Brown! YES!! But first, there's also somebody tonight who previously guest starred in another Muppet Show. This time, for sure, he will be singing in the theater. Right, and it's a jungle out here, ladies and gentlemen, here's Mr. John Cleese! (yells "Yaayyyy!!" in a Tarzan yell)"

OPENING NUMBER: I Wan'na Be Like You w/ John Cleese in a jungle

(the background takes place in the jungle.)

JOHN: (Dressed in a caveman's costume) "What?! Isn't that the same show?! No way!! I won't...... OK, Kermit. You win. You win. I'll sing. I'll sing... here."

(John finally begins to sing in the theater, but he is not dancing, just standing here, accompained by Betsy Bird (who REALLY only appeared once) and Fletcher Bird (who REALLY didn't make it to the fifth season) often accidently kicking him. Finally during the end of the song, Quongo is seen throwing a banana at the ground, and John finally starts dancing while he's singing the last line, and then slips from the banana peel and falls to the left.)

JOHN: "There is no way I'll do a song... again."

(applause.)

BALCONY

STATLER: "Finally, we get to hear that John Cleese sing!"

WALDROF: "Yeah, can we stop watching the show?"

(both laugh.)

I know it takes time to make a script, but I need rest from making scripts, you know. More coming soon!

BEAR

Reaction score
So you have 2 guest stars in this episode?