TMS Outline- Tim Conway!

P

Philip Kippel

Gorgon Heap said:
AT THE DANCE- animal jokes
Which muppets appear in this "At the Dance" segment?

SKETCH: A Whatnot man tries to shoo and clobber the animals that are trying to eat his garden (mice, rabbits, a fox, even a bear). When he finally succeeds, a GIANT MOUSE (Big Mouse from The Muppet Valentine Show) comes along and hurls him out of his own garden, then sticks a sign in the garden that says “Salad Bar”.
Are Miss Mousey and the rats among the mice in this sketch?

And is the bear Billy the Bear, even though Billy the Bear wasn't created until Season 3?

TotallySpiesFan

Reaction score
Philip Kippel said:
An orange-haired whatnot with a girl wearing a pink sweater, a duck-billed woman with a blue whatnot, Marvin with a peach-colored girl with curly black hair, and Zelda Rose with Droop. Also, a cow appears in this sketch.

Philip Kippel said:
Nope, just rats.

Philip Kippel said:
And is the bear Billy the Bear, even though Billy the Bear wasn't created until Season 3?
Yes. As a matter of fact, the fox should be replaced by some birds and Billy should be replaced by a Gladys-esque cow.

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Philip Kippel said:
The usual Season Two couples, plus a couple of rats and a fox dancing with a chicken.

Rats, but not Miss Mousey.

In my head it was. How about it's the bear from "Emmet Otter"?

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

P

Philip Kippel

Gorgon Heap said:
The usual Season Two couples, plus a couple of rats and a fox dancing with a chicken.
Which fox? Baskerville the Hound doubling as Bruce Fox again?

The fox that was regularly used on the show wasn't created until late Season 2 or early Season 3 at best.

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Philip Kippel said:

The fox that was regularly used on the show wasn't created until late Season 2 or early Season 3 at best.
That fox was created for "Emmet Otter's Jug-Band Christmas", which if I'm not mistaken was done in between seasons one and two. Anyone have any info that contradicts this?

P

Philip Kippel

Thanks again for the answers as usual, GH...and for a great-as-always TMS outline.

However, I've got a couple of thoughts about this one:

In the opening number, I think that you should put Rover Joe in it instead of Baskerville. Maybe you could also add Leroy the Donkey to the number as well.

This is just my opinion anyway.

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Philip Kippel said:

Well, that fox, called 'Harrison Fox' in "Emmet Otter", was in the Bob Hope episode, in the "For What It's Worth" number, so he did exist in late Season Two.

And I just watched "Emmet Otter" and noticed something I hadn't before, something that places the shooting of this special PRIOR to Season Two of TMS: Eren Ozker is credited. Ozker left the UK to return to American prior to the start of Season Two, ergo "Emmet Otter" would've been taped in between Seasons One and Two, therefore the woodland creatures therein, including the fox and the bear, all existed prior to the start of Season Two, even though they weren't used on TMS until later.

That Announcer

Reaction score
Great work, David! The only thing that would have made it better is to have Tim cameo as Dorf. Anybody else remember those videos?

P

Philip Kippel

Gorgon Heap said:
Also imagine that T.R. is puppeteered by Jim for the opening number (not necessarily voiced by him; Jim had a unique puppetry style where he often moved the head back on the diagonal, especially for singing characters.)
And T.R.'s voice in this number would still be done by Jerry Nelson. Right?