TMS outline- Christopher Lee!

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
"It Takes Two" is the Marvin Gaye/Tammi Terrell duet. I'll see if I can find you a link to a sound byte.

Cadet Billy and Cadet Dickie are Dave Goelz and Richard Hunt, sort of in their 'kiddie' voices.

Don't forget, TSF, Louise Gold WAS a cast member for most of Season Two and DID do voices.

I'll have to re-read through the script before knowing who did all of what voices, but I can tell you that Hogarth Beast is Frank Oz in a deeper voice (think Hugga Wugga, Gorgon Heap in the Joel Grey episode), and his wife is Louise Gold.

LCM doesn't speak mock Swedish. I was thinking that he speaks English, but on second though, a sort of monster gibberish would be more appropriate.

Also, nobody speaks in the opening number, save for Christopher's singing, so who performs the characters there is irrelevant.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

P

Philip Kippel

Gorgon Heap said:
I'll have to re-read through the script before knowing who did all of what voices, but I can tell you that Hogarth Beast is Frank Oz in a deeper voice (think Hugga Wugga, Gorgon Heap in the Joel Grey episode), and his wife is Louise Gold.
Are you ever going to post the full script for this outline? It's one of the more intriguing ones.

Also, I didn't ask about who performed Droop because I presumed that he'd be performed by Jerry Nelson, his usual performer.

P

Philip Kippel

Gorgon Heap said:
Don't know offhand. I have no plans currently to expand it into a script but it's not impossible that I will.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole
Okay, but have you figured out who performed the other characters I asked about yet?

P

Philip Kippel

Gorgon Heap said:
Boppity, Gloat, Miss Kitty, the Green Scoff, and two of the Mutations.
I was just thinking...

Maybe you should replace the Green Scoff with Lenny the Lizard or some other monster that has hands, since the Scoffs don't have hands.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I agree with Phillip Dave that this is one of the most intriguing of your outlines and I for one would think it an excellent choice for expansion to a script.
The part that makes me wonder the most is the Vet's Hospital sketch.
Since there are two patients who are eaten one after the other how does that work?
It seems to me that the lady would have to be looking the other way conveniently while the man is digested so that she wouldn't try to escape and then get eaten when she turns around puzzled asking where the other patient, her husband maybe, has disappeared to.
The only other thing I can think of is if there are two separate wards that Dr. Heap, Piggy and Janice go to visit and that would really make it different from the usual Vet's Hospital sketch indeed.
No doubt you have it all worked out in your remarkable imagination Dave and perhaps one day you will share it with the rest of us.

Jennifer

Reaction score
I do believe you've left a song out. This is a reprint of a post I made long ago (do a search under my name and you'll find the old thread).

Kermit: Ladies and gentlemen, you may know that our guest star tonight has made a name for himself as Count Dracula. You may not have known, though, that he has a superb singing voice. Now, tonight's opening number is from Stephen Sondheim's A Little Night Music, and it refers to the summers of the midnight sun in Sweden, where the sun remains in the sky even at night. There are a few creatures of the night which might have a problem with this. And so, may I present our guest star, MR. CHRISTOPHER LEE!!! YAAAAAYYYY!!!

(Music starts. Curtain rises on the interior of a crypt. A cracked door admits a few rays of sunlight. Christopher, in Dracula garb, and a few vampires are pacing impatiently around the crypt. We see one of the vampires is Count Von Count.)

Christopher:
The sun sits low,
Diffusing its usual glow...

Count:
Five o' clock! (Lightning flash.)

Another Vampire:
Twilight...

Christopher:
Vespers sound, and it's...

Count:
Six o' clock! (Lightning flash.)

A Bat:
Twilight...

Christopher:
All around,
But the sun sits low,
As low as it's going to go...

Count:
Eight o'clock! (Lightning flash.)

Female Vampire:
Twilight...

Christopher:
Slowly crawling, towards...

Count:
NINE O'CLOCK! (Lightning flash.)

Another Vampire:
Twilight...

Christopher:
Crickets calling, it's...

Count:
TEN O'CLOCK!!! (Lightning flash.)

Another Vampire:
Twilight...

A Bat:
How enthralling...

All:
The vespers ring,
The nightingale's waiting to sing...

The Bat:
The rest of us wait on a string... (He is. Literally.)

Christopher (with annoyance):
Perpetual sunset
Is rather an unsett-
Ling thing.

(During the instrumental break, eveyone pairs up--even the bat--and waltzes gracefully around the crypt. One of the other vampires, however, gets a little too close to the sun's rays and--POOF!--he's charred black and smoking, looking perplexed.)

Christopher:
The sun won't set,
It's useless to hope or to fret...
It's dark as it's going to get...
The hands on the clock turn
But don't sing a nocturne
Just yet!!!

(A few more graceful turns around the crypt.)

Count: Twelve! TWELVE O'CLOCK AND THE SUN IS STILL UP!!! HA HA HAAAA!!! (A very large lightning flash knocks the crypt door off its hinges, sending more sunlight in and charring the other Muppet vampires.)
...Ooops.

(Christopher glares at the Count as only Christopher Lee can glare as the last note sounds.)