TMS Muppets: When did they look thier best?

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Guys,.

RATS!

Yeah, i forgot about them.

I actually like how the Rats looked in Muppets Take Manhattan, They all looked perfect there for me.

see ya

P

Philip Kippel

Here's when I think the TMS muppets looked their best:

Kermit: All 5 seasons
Piggy: Seasons 4 and 5
Fozzie: Seasons 4 and 5
Gonzo: Seasons 4 and 5
Scooter: Seasons 1-3
Rowlf: All 5 seasons
Sam Eagle: Seasons 2-5
Statler & Waldorf: Seasons 1-3
Floyd: Seasons 2-5
Janice: Seasons 2-5
Zoot: Seasons 2-5
Animal: Seasons 2-5
Dr. Teeth: All 5 seasons
Sweetums: Seasons 1-3
Robin: Seasons 1-3
The Swedish Chef: All 5 seasons
The Newsman: Seasons 2-5

BEAR

Reaction score
Erine81981 said:
Does it have to be Muppets can it be Sesame Street? If so...

Big Bird Season 2-3
Cookie Monster 3-4
Grover 5-6
Ernie 4-5
Bert 4-5
Oscar 3-4
Telly 4-5
Harry 3-4
Snuffy 3-4
Kermit 6-9

It would be great if someone could post a thread about the evolution of these characters from Sesame Street with descriptions of how each of the characters have changed. Pictures would help too. I'd like to see the differences. I don't recall characters like Snuffy changing all that much.

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Piggy's wonderful hair

Warrick said:
I really think all the Muppets looked there best in The Great Muppet Caper .
In the prison scene in TGMC, Piggy has the most gorgeous hair. Definitely superior to the 1st two TMS seasons. I wish her hair looked that wonderful now--the newer do is more modern, but it does not have the glorious excess that is so much a part of Piggy's character.

Pianodog

Reaction score
I just want to go against the stream here and say that I adore the way Fozzie looked in Season 1, with the extended corners of his mouth, movable or not. I think he's too streamlined these days, and isn't his fur a lot shorter than it used to be?

Pianodog.

Barbarella

Reaction score
I liked Miss Piggy later on in the series, when or like in the Muppet Movie and Great Muppet Caper. I didn't like her with the curly perm or the platinum hair.

I liked Janice after season 1- up to the muppet movie- but not the later movies, when she got that side ponytail. Although she looked a little freaky in the first season, i liked that better than when her lips got really small and her eyes got too close together- and that darn side ponytail! cute for Suzanne Somers, but it didn't fit Janice's personality.

Fozzie was better after the first season- that first season Fozzie was kind of scary.

And Gonzo looked better after the first or second season when he seemed less scrunchy and his eyebrows moved.

D

Dil

Scooter: 4th & 5th Seasons

Gonzo: 2nd Season

Fozzie: 2nd & 3rd Seasons

Piggy: 3rd Season

S & W: 4th Season