Threadless Muppet T-Shirt Design Challenge

beaker

Reaction score
I don't get the whole "I didnt enter the contest because other people's stuff I feel is better" thing. That's really not entirely the point of these things if you're an artist. It's just getting your stuff out there and the fun challenge.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I don't get the whole "I didnt enter the contest because other people's stuff I feel is better" thing. That's really not entirely the point of these things if you're an artist. It's just getting your stuff out there and the fun challenge.
I agree. Nobody's won until the judges say so. They're likely not uber fans and it's anyone's guess what they're looking for in a design.

I wasn't going to enter because of the amount of time and the fact that I really get stressed out about these things. Regardless of outcome this is likely the last contest entry I'll make.

My buddy and I are planning to create new shirt designs under our own banner for SF's niche geeky crowd. That's a lot more fun, more opportunity for cash and a lot less pressure.

j3h

Reaction score
Agreeed as well. I knew I had no shot at winning anything, but I wanted to show my love for an obscure Muppet and maybe get a few positive comments. Granted my "I have no shot at winning" equaled "your design isn't up to snuff, so we're not even going to allow it" from threadless, but I'm glad I took a shot at it and was at least able to post my creation here and get some nice replies to it.

beaker

Reaction score
As long as its a design where the person took time to actually draw or make it nice, I'll be happy. Again I say they should pick 3 shirts, as a couple others next to frogboys warranted it.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Truthfully, the best reason I have is that I have very unprofessional materials. They're fine for fan art, sure... but to enter a contest, one MUST have Illustrator or Photoshop. The limitations of what I have (using a digital camera to take pictures of inked drawings for one) would make anything I work on come off extremely amaturish.

Plus, best stuff I could come up with are parodies of obscure animes or movies or something. But trust me... better than the non-stop Friends stuff.

Reevz1977

Reaction score
Plus, best stuff I could come up with are parodies of obscure animes or movies or something. But trust me... better than the non-stop Friends stuff.
Yeah...kinda wishing I hadn't submitted that one :frown:

beaker

Reaction score
Truthfully, the best reason I have is that I have very unprofessional materials. They're fine for fan art, sure... but to enter a contest, one MUST have Illustrator or Photoshop. The limitations of what I have (using a digital camera to take pictures of inked drawings for one) would make anything I work on come off extremely amaturish.

How do you not have Photoshop? You can easily even do animation with that, or importing illustrator vectors into After Effects. They're uh, practically giving photoshop away:wink:

TimmyMonsterIL

Reaction score
Has anyone checked out the designs lately? They put the numbers back up!

frogboy's design got a 3.80 - 1722 Total Votes with 943 5's

The "infamous" rainbow design got a 3.70 - 2049 Total Votes with 1131 5's & 482 1's

Very interesting now, to see the breakdown...