Threadless Muppet T-Shirt Design Challenge

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Hey Guys, it's been awhile eh?

So I just heard about this contest a couple days ago from a MC e-mail update, dunno why I didn't hear before? Anyway, been working every spare minute to the bone these last 2 days, finally had something worth submitting. Tried, and failed to get my entry uploaded, took over 2 hours, and then I got the "challenge closed" page at 9:51p.m.!! :frown: *cries*

What to do? I e-mailed the site, siting website problems, cuz I wanna enter man!! :big_grin: Haven't used the new MC forum yet, so I'm gonna try to post images...

Cheers!
Anthony

P.S. Didn't get to post before, cuz like I said, I've been busy with the challenge, but... GREAT WORK EVERYBODY!!! Several standouts of course, but man, what talent!! I really hope they enter my design, but at the same time, good luck to everyone who entered! :big_grin:

beaker

Reaction score
TOTAL GARBAGE how they closed the submissions on east coast time! And their criteria for what got rejected is totally bizarre. I totally would have given 5's to the above entries.

Anyways, here's mine that sadly didn't make the cut:

Mr.Penguin

Reaction score
Um...no one replied to me, so here's mine again, if anyone wants to see it :sympathy:

Close ups of the design, and that Muppet Labs logo I made just for the halibut :oops:

:zany:

beaker

Reaction score
That's definitely a threadless style shirt! Give it a few days, im sure people will vote. nice frackle hijacking of the picture:smile:

I'm telling ya, a number of people here would be perfect for a new batch of official muppet comics.

Mr.Penguin

Reaction score
Thanks, I was trying for that! :big_grin: I buy a lot of their stuff. And thanks too...though that was more his idea than mine. Frackles are very convincing fellows. :concern:

Yeah, really! I wonder if anyone's paying enough attention to this contest to actually help anyone get noticed, there's already a bunch of good ones out there.

I liked yours a lot too, by the way! :smile: I like your style a lot, and it's especially cool to see Digit on a shirt design, especially after watching so much Jim Henson Hour on YouTube lately. It's weird how they've been rejecting some of these that are way nicer than some of the ones up too (a lot of them don't fit the theme as well too). I was originally rejected for the dots per image or something, then I scrambled to send it in, hoping it wasn't closed yet and it accepted...the same darn pictures. :confused:

beaker

Reaction score
Aww, glad you got it in! Yeah its strange, I submitted my Beaker/Bunsen/Digit/Neuter one but the contest was literally over a few minutes earlier(even though it was only 10pm here in California)

Glad you been familiarizing yourself with JHH! I'm more a fan of just the Muppet TV half hour portions. I remember catching by accident the debut episode summer of 1989, and just was in awe of it. Sadly it didnt last long, and I didnt think Id ever see it again until I started doing vhs tape trading on here in the late 1990's. I wish the quality on the youtube JHH were better, but least you can get a sense of what it was like. I just love the amalgamation of Creature Shop and traditional Muppet puppet work in the characters they made. I'd love to at least see Zondra again, if not Chip, Digit, Flash, Lindburgh, Leon, Waldo, Bean, etc. Did you see the Cosby episode from early 1990 when the Muppet TV JHH characters took over?

This is the one that got accepted, though I completely understand why it mostly got 1's(given its a strange rendition of an obscure character) I'd absolutely LOVE to do some Muppet comics in an official capacity. This and the other illustration I literally penciled and inked on paper, scanned and photoshopped in under 2 hours so I think I'd be pretty good with deadlines.

j3h

Reaction score
I really like the design Beaker! Each of them actually.
For some reason I get the red"x" for Mr. Penguin's images, so I can't comment, but I do really want to see them.

and my own saga comes to an end with another vague rejection email from threadless.
TREADLESS said:
Hello ,

Regarding: 'Uncle Deadly is The Beautiful Assistant'

Unfortunately, your submission was declined.
The Threadless staff has provided the following reason(s) to decline your submission:

Your submission was declined because we feel your idea could use a little more work to be up to the standard that’ll give it the best shot. We have a feature called "Critique" on Threadless.com that allows you to have your design critiqued before you submit it for approval. By using the "Critique" feature as a pre-submission tool, you can let the community help get your submission up to par. This will not guarantee your design will be accepted, but we hope this will help you improve it!

this was my hail mary throw which made it in just before the "east coast" cut off time

Good Luck to all who are in! There are quite a few really great ones there from members here!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Here's today's close-up peek featuring more of the original line art of my shirt before adding the other refinements. People keep 1-ing me. Grrrr. That just goes to show that you never know who could win. Either way I'm glad to have joined the Muppety spirit of everyone who entered cool stuff. Enjoy!

rowlfy662

Reaction score
i love that pic lets hope you win frogboy also i feel sorry for everyones that were rejected they are great wonder why they did thyat but let one with sesame vharactere in hmm here my simple ones that got rejected

and

good luck to everyone

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
i love that pic lets hope you win frogboy also i feel sorry for everyones that were rejected they are great wonder why they did thyat but let one with sesame vharactere in hmm here my simple ones that got rejected

good luck to everyone
Zoot!!! :cool: