The "You know what?" thread

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
If it’s anything this video has proven, it’s that NY easily has the worst cops:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
My dad's been in the hospital for a number of days now because he had been having so much trouble breathing that he was almost suffocating. Granted, he's got COPD and has emphesyma from nearly a lifetime of smoking, and has been on oxygen . . . however, quite a bit of smoke from those wildfires out west have been blowing their way into our region, and has been causing a number of air quality alerts from the weather service, so we thought that was a contributing factor. Maybe, and maybe not, but as it turns out, one of the main reasons he was having trouble breathing was the amount of sugary drinks he had been consuming (i.e. sweet tea, sweetened coffee, certain juices with added sugar, he used to drink tons of Pepsi, etc.) basically coating the insides of his lungs and such with sticky goop. Something like this makes me all more glad of my own drinking choices, but it's mind-blowing to realize this is how much damage too much sugar can do to your body.

Any Del

Reaction score
My dad's been in the hospital for a number of days now because he had been having so much trouble breathing that he was almost suffocating. Granted, he's got COPD and has emphesyma from nearly a lifetime of smoking, and has been on oxygen . . . however, quite a bit of smoke from those wildfires out west have been blowing their way into our region, and has been causing a number of air quality alerts from the weather service, so we thought that was a contributing factor. Maybe, and maybe not, but as it turns out, one of the main reasons he was having trouble breathing was the amount of sugary drinks he had been consuming (i.e. sweet tea, sweetened coffee, certain juices with added sugar, he used to drink tons of Pepsi, etc.) basically coating the insides of his lungs and such with sticky goop. Something like this makes me all more glad of my own drinking choices, but it's mind-blowing to realize this is how much damage too much sugar can do to your body.
Oof, wishing you and your family the best. Praying for you.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
**** sucks, man. Having a big sweet tooth myself all that crap eventually catches up with you if you continue consuming it.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Ice-T and Stone Cold Steve Austin are literally cold-calling people to tell them to wash their laundry in cold water, but you know what? I've long been one step ahead of both of them; for years, with the exception of underwear, socks, and towels, I wash all my laundry in cold water; hot water shrinks stuff, man.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
So I saw someone comment on a clip from “Office Space” (I’m pretty sure it was the first Lumburgh and Peter interaction) that corporate office life is pretty much the job you go to when you’ve given up on your dream job.

And obviously I can’t speak for everyone, but I have to agree with that completely. It’s personally one of the most depressing jobs you could ever find yourself working in…… especially if you do have a boss like Lumburgh.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
If it’s anything this video has proven, it’s that NY easily has the worst cops:

If they’re guarding a library, this might be a side job. They might be hired by an independent security agency , not necessarily the NYPD.
In any circumstance, you respect the cop, even if he’s wrong. The only one who can address officer Tibet’s as “Tibbets”” would be a supervisor.
The cops seemed to be professional for the most part. But if you start calling them D-bag, it might be in your constitutional right to do so, but now you’re not putting your best foot forward.
Respect works two ways. If you start mouthing off at a cop, they’re gonna give you a hard time. So don’t bite off more than you can chew.
It’s like all the Karen’s from last year. I want your name, number, your supervisor, I’ll sue you blah blah blah.
Well, if you’re going out of your way to be an a$$hole, you’ll have your day in court. You might have to wait a year or two. Courts are backed up with cases like this.

If he’s going in to film stuff, there should be a sign posted “No photography on premises”. That would clear up any misunderstandings.

At the beginning of 2020 New York’s police force was 44,000. In the aftermath of COVID, George Floyd, and Defund the Police, many have quit, or retired. DeBlasio shows he’s not supportive of the cops, so now being a New York cop is such a thankless job nobody wants.
Until your place gets robbed or someone tries to mug you.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Respect works two ways.
I find that so many people in this day and age are completely ignorant of this, and no, I don't just mean a certain orange man, I mean the kind of people with an elitist mentality who like to pick fights and start feuds with people who maintain opinions that differ from theirs, yet demand other people respect their opinions.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I’m almost there. We might not agree on politics much, but we still have the right to disagree. Both sides.
That’s civil discourse. But in recent years, like when conservatives speak on college campuses, they dialogue is shut down, shouted down, and there’s no way different ideas can be exchanged.

The free and open exchange of ideas, that’s the ideal to live up to if any ground is to get covered.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I realize now that I do actually owe a public apology to @gravy for perpetuating an accusation against him which turned out to be a rumor, which I was not aware of, and had to no right to go about repeating without knowing the truth, so for that, I apologize.