The "You know what?" thread

D'Snowth

Reaction score
But wait . . . they say it's their April Fool's prank for this year . . . even though that was two weeks ago, and I've maybe been on DA twice since then and this is the first I've seen this.

Ehh . . . I still wouldn't be surprised if they end up going that route sometime in the future.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Honestly, same. And then Deviantart will start showing licensed shows then whining "wahhhh my favorite show is gone!!!!111!!!" When taken off because physical media is a thing of the past.

I want to meet that fat, bearded guy and have a beer with him.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Well.....I just found out that Happy Tree Friends might be over for good. Which as weird as this may sound, I don't really care.
I know it sounds crazy but hear me out:I'm actually glad that they stopped on a good note. Because they were really close to jumping the shark as the series went on. Once they added the new character Lammy, the episodes just got worse and worse. Those episodes featured (among other signs of an eventual "jumped shark") pointless toilet jokes that don't fit in with the rest of the series, an overabundance of pop culture references, and even some characters acting out of character. They were SO close to jumping the shark, that you could hear the Jaws theme song playing louder and louder every time a new episode came out. But unlike the movie Jaws, the shark never caught up to HTF and destroyed their show. It remained good all the way through and that's what matters. I was afraid that they would get almost unwatchable by the end if they continued to go downhill so I'm happy that they quit when they were ahead rather than producing a bunch of crap episodes that would ruin the show's reputation in the future. Especially since aside from a few examples like SpongeBob and Speechless, jumping the shark is rarely ever a livable issue for shows that suffer the fate. They almost always either stay bad or get worse as the series seemingly drags on forever. I prefer quality rather than quantity and I feel like MondoMedia made the right choice by canning HTF. Plus, there's this YouTuber named Nemao who makes awesome fan made episodes that are so good they actually rivaled the later episodes of the real HTF series. So, I'm not too worried because I'll still get to see my beloved Giggles and all the other characters I've come to enjoy on the fan made version.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So @LittleJerry92 mentioned how the Barney movie feels like just one long episode of the show stretched out . . . but you know what movie adapted from a TV show really feels just like that? The Pufnstuf movie. It's basically an episode of the show stretched out to an hour-and-a-half with only slightly improved production values, completely different voices, and no laugh track.

However, it does explain Jimmy's back story, how he discovered Freddy the Flute could talk, and why Witchiepoo lured them to Living Island.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
So @LittleJerry92 mentioned how the Barney movie feels like just one long episode of the show stretched out . . . but you know what movie adapted from a TV show really feels just like that? The Pufnstuf movie. It's basically an episode of the show stretched out to an hour-and-a-half with only slightly improved production values, completely different voices, and no laugh track.

However, it does explain Jimmy's back story, how he discovered Freddy the Flute could talk, and why Witchiepoo lured them to Living Island.
I did not know such a film existed.

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
I have to say, I've never watched the Pufnstuf movie. Need to give it a watch sometime.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
To another extent:

The Mst3k movie from 1996 feels like just another episode with a bigger budget. But I'm sure you guys know how I really feel about it. :stick_out_tongue: