The "You know what?" thread

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure our digestive system is in our intestines anyway.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
So it looks like the next big "challenge" is going to be eating an entire box of cereal in a giant bowl. . . .

I won't lie . . . I could probably do that . . . but I'd probably also get sick afterwards.
Eating a whole box of Special K would probably clean out your plumbing.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Remember that time coffee and kit kat bars were popular?

I never understood that. :smirk:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Disney and Warner Bros. both have duck characters - Donald and Daffy - who both have bad tempers, both have constant bad luck, both are second banana to the companies main stars (with Daffy, he's second banana to both Porky - who was the star when he was created, though it'd reverse after Porky was no longer the star - and Bugs), and both arguably more popular than the face of the company (of course Donald Duck was more interesting than Mickey Mouse, you could argue that Daffy's more interesting than Porky but Bugs Bunny was allowed a lot more personality than Mickey). Daffy Duck kinda helped the Looney Tunes gain the identity it would go on to be known by, though I don't know if Donald's introduction changed anything for Disney.

Of course, when you look at the three main stars of both animated franchises - Mickey, Donald, and Goofy for Disney, Bugs, Daffy, and Porky for WB, they don't entirely parallels, since Porky rarely appears with Bugs but Daffy regularly co-stars with both characters. In fact, you could argue that Bugs, Daffy, and Elmer are more of a trio in this regard, even though Elmer Fudd is a clear bad guy (even if it's often more designated) while there is no villain in the Mickey/Donald/Goofy trio, but then again, those three are buddies and in many shorts where they appear as a trio, they tend to separate and get their own solo scenes for much of the shorts, while Bugs, Daffy, and Elmer don't really separate, but they're also pretty much all enemies.

Of course, most of the classic Disney animated characters are friends/a team, while many of the Looney Tunes characters are separate/at odds with each other. In thinking about this, it seems Warner Bros. has a lot more main characters, about 12 (not counting Bosko or Buddy), while with Disney it's.... also 12, but more of the Disney characters are duos/trios rarely seen without certain characters, while more of the main Looney Tunes characters can appear frequently without certain characters. And even then, Disney didn't have many one-shot characters outside of the Silly Symphonies series and not many minor characters who star without the main cast, while Looney Tunes had a lot more one-shots and a lot more minor characters independent of any star characters.

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
since Porky rarely appears with Bugs
I've always wondered why that was. I would think Porky and Bugs would fit together in terms of chemistry perfectly. The only time I can remember that they ever interacted in a cartoon was A Corny Concerto and Porky Pig's Feat.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I've always wondered why that was. I would think Porky and Bugs would fit together in terms of chemistry perfectly. The only time I can remember that they ever interacted in a cartoon was A Corny Concerto and Porky Pig's Feat.
People often say that the two don't really have any chemistry or are too similar in personality though Bugs is wackier/more interesting while Porky is more down-to-Earth. I often wonder why they had Porky as the hunter in A Corny Concerto as opposed to Elmer, I feel Porky could have been the conductor.