The "You know what?" thread

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yeah, @D'Snowth normally when someone says they don't like something that I like it's usually whatever, but in this case if you didn't like SpongeBob when you first saw it (assuming you haven't seen it in years) I definitely recommend checking it out again with fresh eyes.
Well I mean, whenever I'm at certain restaurants where they have TVs on for kids (like CiCi's Pizza or something), and SpongeBob's on, it still comes across as the same kind of mind-numbing stupidity as it did when I saw it when it first came out.

Now granted, yes, I watched SpongeBob when it first came out, and it seemed amusing at best then, and I do actually remember some of those earlier episodes I've seen, like when he got a job at the Krusty Krab, or when he was learning how to drive, or when he had a cold and Patrick was scared of him going to the doctor, or them bad-mouthing Texas to keep homesick Sandy from going back, whatever . . . but after a while, again, it just seemed like such a stupid show with two dumb and dumber characters and Squidward essentially being like Bert, I just didn't see the appeal of it. Then suddenly SpongeBob mania took over, and I still didn't see the appeal, and the hype just made it seem all the more overrated.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Well I mean, whenever I'm at certain restaurants where they have TVs on for kids (like CiCi's Pizza or something), and SpongeBob's on, it still comes across as the same kind of mind-numbing stupidity as it did when I saw it when it first came out.
Isn't that mostly newer episodes though? 'Cause the newer episodes, now those are beyond stupid!

Oh, this reminds me of something i've been thinking about for a little bit. @D'Snowth, have you seen the Channel Awesome show Tamara's Never Seen?

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Pre-movie Spongebob episodes were fire, and as I said on another thread, coming home from elementary school on a Friday to watch the new Spongebob episode was always something I looked forward to in the early 2000's.

Stephen Hillenburg even wanted the show to end after the first movie, and Nick choosing to milk the show to death simply for ratings is one of the many reasons I lost respect for them as a company.

On a random subject: Band Geeks is honestly forever my favorite episode of classic SpongeBob. I think we can all guess why. :shifty:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Sometimes there'll be deleted scenes from movies that I'm aware of (especially with some of the Muppet movies), the scenes often don't make it to the bonus features, the people working on the movie don't talk about where it appeared in the movie or why it was cut (at least not in any source I've seen), and I often wonder how they fit into the movie.

But now it hit me that maybe some of those WERE cut because they didn't fit well within the movie.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Never really sought it out or anything. Is there something I should check out?
Well... :coy: I had this idea, and it's just an idea. What if you did a show like that but instead of famous movies you could watch TV shows. You could watch a few episodes of popular modern TV shows from the past decade or so. I don't necessarily have any expectations either way, but you're a very opinionated person, so it would just be interesting to hear your thoughts, and maybe even lose your sanity watching these shows :wink:.
And again, i'm just spitballing here.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
For the last few years, I've been seeing a number of reviews for the SNL movie It's Pat, and some things at TV Tropes about the character, saying that the movie and concept of the character can be a little uncomfortible now in an age where transgendered people are more common and accepted by society, and people remark that the characters wondering what gender Pat is is either male or female and not considering maybe Pat's transgendered (though I think it has been made clear that Pat is either a man or woman).

But if that was the case, couldn't people just be wondering what gender Pat currently identifies with, even if he wasn't always?

I've also seem some reviews that remark that the movie could be offensive to androgynous people. That seems odd. I don't think people choose to be androgynous, Pat doesn't realize that nobody knows Pat's gender, and if you can't tell what gender a person is, wouldn't you want to know and be sure not to mistakenly call them, say, ma'am or sir? It would probably be offensive if they did know the characters gender and rudely teased them for not looking like their gender.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
If they really do come out with a Gorillaz TV show, my only hope for the show is . . . that Murdoc will keep his clothes on. :stick_out_tongue: