The "What Commercial was that?!" Thread

D'Snowth

Reaction score
That does seem like a vaguely familiar commercial to me, and just based on the tongue-in-cheek nature of it, it sounds like a Hardee's/Carl's Jr. commercial.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Now I'm remembering one from sometime in the 2000s.

A man is in a store, buying a dress (and I think some other feminine clothing). At one point, we cut to a little boy looking while his parent puts his hand on him and turns him away. At the end, the man goes to a football game with his friends, all in dresses but also in pigs noses as they cheer for the team.

I really can't remember if this aired closer to 2003 or 2007 or more in the middle.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Now I'm remembering one from sometime in the 2000s.

A man is in a store, buying a dress (and I think some other feminine clothing). At one point, we cut to a little boy looking while his parent puts his hand on him and turns him away. At the end, the man goes to a football game with his friends, all in dresses but also in pigs noses as they cheer for the team.

I really can't remember if this aired closer to 2003 or 2007 or more in the middle.
It was a 2004 Visa commercial featuring the Washington Redskins Football Team Hogettes, a real group of football fans active from 1983 to 2012.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
With it close to Christmas, I'd like to ask about a few Christmas commercials I remember.

There was a commercial with a girl writing a letter to her grandparents, talking about something (maybe a store), at the end she says "I'm looking forward to your visit more than Santa's, and not just because I think you're gonna get me a dollhouse". I think there was also another one, which ended with her telling her grandparents what clothing size she wore (and I could be wrong about this). I think this commercial was in 1995.

There was one, and maybe I asked here before, promoting coupons, can't remember if it was coupons in the mail or coupons on a cereal box, but kids keep asking their parents if they can have some kind of reasonably expensive items (I recall one being a bike), the parent says "cut it out!", and the kids say "thanks!" I'm thinking this aired in either 1994 or 1995.

And a commercial for some retailer, I'm thinking an online retailer, maybe it was a bookstore, a kid talked about what his family liked and was getting them books or movies about those, but he was simply going by title - the books and movies he picks are not actually about those things (at the time I was actually not aware of that with any of these, having not seen any of those). He says his sister likes animals so he's getting her a movie about animals (National Lampoon's Animal House), her brother likes outer space/science fiction so he's getting him a book about that (Men are From Mars, Women are From Venus), his mother likes cooking so he got her a cook book (Chicken Soup for the Soul), and either his father or grandfather likes fishing so he got him a book about fishing (Tales from the Casting Couch). I recall this airing in either 1996 or 1997.