The "What Are You Eating Right Now?" Thread

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I’m not gonna lie. Some of the Swedish Chef skits gave me the munchies. :hungry:

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Interesting...I've also seen people eat bread, rice, and ice cream to cool their mouths down. Speaking of which, I just ate some blueberry ice cream and MAN it was good!

Well, eat! Let me help get your appetite up.

Not enough? Okay, maybe this will help.

I remember that Swedish Chef skit when it first aired. Back in the Land of Nineteenseventysomething.
Beency bouncy burgers! 8)8)8)

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
Well I learned about the milk thing from watching Hot Ones; watch Gordon Ramsay's episode. The amount of preparation he went through was hilarious.

A little over a week ago I actually went a full 24 hour cycle without eating and it really didn't phase me at all, except I was immediately ready to start eating the next day, lol.

I remember that Swedish Chef skit when it first aired. Back in the Land of Nineteenseventysomething.
Beency bouncy burgers! 8)8)8)
I can't even fathom watching the Muppet Show when it was new... consider yourself privileged. What a different world you grew up in.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Well I learned about the milk thing from watching Hot Ones; watch Gordon Ramsay's episode. The amount of preparation he went through was hilarious.

A little over a week ago I actually went a full 24 hour cycle without eating and it really didn't phase me at all, except I was immediately ready to start eating the next day, lol.

I can't even fathom watching the Muppet Show when it was new... consider yourself privileged. What a different world you grew up in.
One of the benefits of being my age. I was around when Sesame Street was new. The Muppet Show. Fragile Rock I didn't discover until six months before Jim's death. TNT used to have a morning block called "Toons Til Noon". Enjoying the Fraggles so much made his passing that much more painful.

The other thing about the Muppet Show, in the beginning Jim literally had to beg guests to come on. As a souvenir, they would get a puppet made in their likeness. But before too long, celebrities would be begging him to come on.
For a while, the Muppet Show was the biggest tv show on earth. About a hundred million viewers in 80 countries.
Not too shabby.

Last edited:

cjd874

Reaction score
The other thing about the Muppet Show, in the beginning Jim literally had to beg guests to come on. As a souvenir, they would get a puppet made in their likeness. But before too long, celebrities would be begging him to come on.
For a while, the Muppet Show was the biggest tv show on earth. About a hundred million viewers in 80 countries.
Not too shabby.
All because of Rudolf Nureyev, in fact! Once he did the show, it attracted about a hundred more celebrities like Sir Elton John, Julie Andrews, John Cleese, Raquel Welch, Harry Belafonte, Kenny Rogers, Mark Hamill, Gene Kelly, and Paul Simon! I can only imagine what would have happened if they had actually gotten one of the Beatles to do the show (true story according to Jerry Nelson):
https://muppet.fandom.com/wiki/The_Beatles
The TV ratings would have been astronomically high....

Back on topic, I just ate ham and chili over rice (AKA leftovers). I also added a folded tortilla wrap to serve as a side of pita bread.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
This is a cheap but delicious dish i’ve made since college.

With all the sodium it has, I obviously eat this in moderation. But anyway....

Rice (though last night I had to use orzo pasta) with soy sauce, hot sauce and blue cheese. Really fills you up.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Regarding the Beatles on TMS...
:sleep: I just got a call from Ringo!
:boo: What'd he say?
:sleep: He said no.
:boo: So about those other guys I was telling you about...
Excerpt from the Hal Lindon TMS episode.

Back on track... Had half a calzone my bro brought back from one of the local pizza joints. Good stuff, though I'm wondering if the pizza joints would make calsagnas like I've seen on the various foodie shows I watch. :hungry: