Cantus Rock

Reaction score
:confused: (I don't get it.. :embarrassed: ) :confused:

Rolling On The Floor Laughing

-Matt

digithistorian

Reaction score
Hello all

I see this thread is a bit dusty but I would like to put forward my various theories head canons and facts about digit here today

firstly digit uses neopronouns (Xe) and we’re a character for non gender conforming youth.

secondly Digit was hated by many young children for Xir appearance and did not become a main character because Jim Henson was sent death threats after Digit’s premier

third Digit was planned to have a major role in The Muppets (2014) but Ricky Jervais complained about Digit « making hime extremely uncomfortable » and also complained about Digit’s use of neopronouns stating in an interview from shortly before the film’s premiere « if I have to use ******g fake pronouns for some ugly puppet I’ll shoot myself »

finally, I think that the addition of Elmo into the muppetverse may be part of why digit no longer makes appearances. since the addition of Elmo, he is one of the only characters that appears in every single episode of Sesame Street, causing certain characters, such as prairie dawn and snuffleupagus, to be featured less and less. I think Jim Henson company may have known that if they featured digit more, other characters would have to be phased out, as digit is a fan favorite.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Digit would have made a good fit for Muppet Haunted Mansion but they clearly have no intention of bringing him back, especially since Dave Goelz is still around but they still won't bother.

groverandgrapes

Reaction score
I don't like digit but if I had to be honest I don't like the Jim Henson hour at all. I personally don't think that digit should have been a muppet he doesn't look like a muppet doesn't act like a muppet just is not the best fit. Also this is just my opinion

Uncledeadly12

Reaction score
Digit would have made a good fit for Muppet Haunted Mansion but they clearly have no intention of bringing him back, especially since Dave Goelz is still around but they still won't bother.
I agree, also Clifford, George the Janitor, Hilda, and Angus McGonagle to name a few.

As for Digit, recently, on a ToughPigs podcast for Muppets Mayhem, Dave Goelz said this about Digit, "You know, I wish I could have another shot at him (Digit). We didn’t get that whole show working and I didn’t quite land on Digit. But I had a really strong idea for him as a guy. The idea was he’s a guy who was a techno music guy and he decided to modify himself. So he got out the soldering iron, put a switch panel on his chest and started rewiring his own self. And it was such a great idea with so much fun. We just, it’s one of those things that fell by the wayside."

TheRealFraggle

Reaction score
I don't like any of the Jim Henson Hour Muppets, but Digit might be by least favorite of all of them.