The Tie That Binds

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Can I just say... Meowvelous beginning.
So... Wanda's a calico? Don't know why, but I thought of her as a white furred cat.

The description was purrfect, and it was great seeing them interact... Worry on Rowlf's mind, not sure what he wants. Kinda of how I feel sometimes.
And it was also nice to see Kermit as the philosophical one trying to clear the path for someone else for a change.

Great start, post more before the nagging sticks come out.

RedDragon

Reaction score
I think I know why Count...can you say "Izzy" ? And sometimes you just get an image into your head that defies what the author description and you just can't shake it. Happens to me all the time.

Great chap...can't wait for more...

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Eh... Maybe so Nyz. Then again, I read Where Your Heart Leads You a while back... Guess I kinda thought of Wanda as being a white furred cat without any pre-conceived MopFam notions.
But she is beautiful nevertheless, just as the author said she was.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Chapter Two:

The next day started out as it usually does. At the boarding house all of the Muppets slowly staggered into the kitchen for breakfast or coffee or in the case of Gonzo, flew into the kitchen after being shot out of a slingshot.

“Whoopie! That was great!” exclaimed Gonzo.

Wanda looked at Rowlf in horror. She still wasn’t used to the zaniness of this crowd.

“It will get better, I promise,” said Rowlf smiling at her. He realized after talking to Kermit last night that if he was going to figure out his relationship with Wanda, he needed to start by spending more time with her. After all, this was his home, not hers, he needed to make her feel more comfortable.

“Oh I know, it just still takes me by surprise sometimes,” said Wanda.

Rowlf smiled. He had decided he would surprise her with the song he was working on for Friday. Then she would at least know that he did in fact feel something for her. After the show he figured they could go out for coffee and talk.

Today however, was Tuesday, so that was still several days away.

“All right everyone, to the theatre!” exclaimed Kermit.

A mad stampede followed as every Muppet fought their way to the Electric Mayhem bus. No one ever wanted to be last because the last three Muppets to the bus always had to ride in Beauregard’s cab. His driving never improved from when they were in England, in fact, it had only gotten worse. Still, it gave him something to do and made him feel important so Kermit let him drive to and from the theatre each day.

Wanda hadn’t quite gotten the hang of the routine yet; so most days she and Rowlf rode with Beauregard along with whatever other unfortunate Muppet didn’t make it. Today it was Fozzie.

“Hey guys, have I told you the one about the panda bear and the polar bear?” asked Fozzie as Beauregard drove.

“Yes Fozzie, several times,” said Rowlf. He sometimes felt as if he had to explain or almost apologize for the behavior of his friends to Wanda, and he really wasn’t sure why.

“Actually, I’d like to hear it,” said Wanda.

“Oh great! There was this polar bear and this panda bear,” started Fozzie.

Rowlf relaxed a little. Wanda was actually beginning to fit in just fine. She even seemed to like his friends. Maybe he didn’t have as much to worry about as he thought.

They arrived at the theatre and began another day of rehearsals. Rowlf busied himself with working on his song and didn’t even stop for lunch. He checked on Piggy and Wanda a couple of times and even found that they were getting along.

“Things are really going well today!” he exclaimed heading back to the piano.

Things were going well, but they were about to change in a hurry.

“Rowlf? Phone call for you Rowlf. It’s your mom,” said Scooter coming over to Rowlf.

“Phone for me? Ok,” said Rowlf a little puzzled as he walked to the phone.

Now that he had found his family again, Rowlf usually looked forward to the calls he received from them. They had arranged to call him about once a week, always on Fridays. He always chuckled at this. Friday was the busiest day in the Muppet Theatre because it was the day they performed their big show, but nonetheless, all of the various Muppets spent this day getting in touch with family.

When Scooter told him his mother was on the phone Rowlf’s heart started to pound a little faster. It was Tuesday. This was not normal.

“Mom?” asked Rowlf when he got on the phone.

“How are you dear?” asked Felicia, Rowlf’s mother.

“I’m fine Mom, how are you? What’s going on?” asked Rowlf.

“Can’t a mother call her son without something going on?” asked Felicia but her quivering voice gave her away.

“I know something is wrong. Is it you?” said Rowlf concerned.

“Fine. You’re right Rowlf. Something is wrong. But it’s not me. It’s your brother Moe,” said Felicia.

“What’s up with Moe? Barking after too many cars?” asked Rowlf attempting to lighten the mood.

“No, um, he’s in the hospital. The doctors think he may have cancer,” said Felicia, barely uttering the final words.

Rowlf dropped the phone.

“Rowlf? Are you there?” called Felicia into the phone. Meanwhile Rowlf was frozen to his spot. He had just found his family again and now his brother might be sick? This had to be some kind of a joke.

“Uh Rowlf? You dropped the phone,” said Scooter who was hanging around nearby.

“Oh, right,” said Rowlf and picked it up, “Sorry mom, I’m kind of shocked over here.”

“Well, I’m shocked too. All you boys have always been so healthy,” said Felicia.

“Could the doctors be wrong?” asked Rowlf.

“They could be, but they’re pretty sure. They’re going to do some tests. Rowlf, I know it’s a lot to ask since you haven’t been back with us for long, but I’m wondering if there’s anyway you could come up here,” said Felicia.

“I’ll talk to Kermit right away,” said Rowlf not giving it another thought. If his family needed him now was his chance to finally be there for them. He talked a little longer with his mother and then hung up promising to call back and let her know when he’d be there.

“Scooter, you need to find Kermit for me. It’s an emergency,” said Rowlf.

“Right away,” said Scooter.

Rowlf sat down at the desk and started doodling. Soon Kermit came up behind him.

“What’s up? Scooter said it was an emergency,” said Kermit.

“My mom just called. My brother Moe is in the hospital. They think he has cancer,” said Rowlf.

“Oh my,” said Kermit. He knew exactly what Rowlf was going through.

“Yeah,” said Rowlf.

“You can leave tomorrow. We’ll fill your spot in the show. Go for as long as you need,” said Kermit.

“Really?” asked Rowlf.

“Of course. Your family needs you. When they need you, you should go,” said Kermit.

“Thanks Kermit, I really appreciate it,” said Rowlf.

“No problem. We’ll have a meeting tonight when we get home with everyone to let them know what’s going on, if you don’t mind,” said Kermit.

“No, that would be good,” said Rowlf.

“So, what about Wanda?” asked Kermit.

“No offense Kermit, but I’ve got other things to worry about right now,” said Rowlf.

“Rowlf, that’s not what I mean. Is she going to go with you or stay here?” asked Kermit.

“Oh…right,” said Rowlf slowly. Within five minutes his entire world had turned upside down again.

RedDragon

Reaction score
Chapter 2! My goodness girl!

Another great chapter, I must say....

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Second it... All in favor?
Agreed, another gret chapter.

Liked the controlled chaos of everyone trying to get into the EM's bus... And Bo still driving to and from the theater, giving him some sense of self-importance.

The phone call! What can I say...
The phone call!

And Kermit asking if Wanda would go with Rowlf...
Touching stuff here, hope for more before the nagging sticks are needed.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Yeah, it's a really slow day at work today. There may be a chapter three yet today, but I won't make promises! I feel like Lisa, there's a certain point I just really can't wait to get the story to, but there's alot that has to take place before I can get there. Did that make any sense? I don't know. Anyway, glad you all are enjoying it, more to come soon.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Beth... You know better than to ask that around here.
Does what you said make sense? Of course... Not-ish.
But why make sense when it's more profitable to make dollars?

There, that should do till the real thing gets back in a couple of weeks... We hope.

RedDragon

Reaction score
redBoobergurl said:
I feel like Lisa, there's a certain point I just really can't wait to get the story to, but there's alot that has to take place before I can get there. Did that make any sense?
By the pickles, yes! That feeling and I are adjoined at the hip! I tell Lisa this all the time. The reason I don't get my stories written half the time is because I get fixated on a point farther along. I really want to write that part and don't want to write all the stuff in between. Its really annoying too...