sarah_yzma

Reaction score
i never liked the simpsons too crude for me

*dodges random insults*

Sarah

yup that was my opinion!!! so sue me...wait DON'T i am poor

jeremyactor

Reaction score
I think they were scraping the bottom of the barrel for ideas. The past few weeks have picked up in quality, though.(didn't see tonight's episode - was there even one due to the football game?) Marge accidentally gets breast implants? That was not a great premise.

Jeremy

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
I watched The Popeye Show instead. I'd rather see that than see some guy get his ________ caught in a zipper. Yeesh. How painful.

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by jeremyactor
There were rumors that The Simpsons: The movie was going to be made, with the following plot points. I swear to god I am not making these up:

Bart loses his virginity, and Marge has a lesbian affair.

How horrible would that be? Bart is 10 years old. Always has been, always will be. 10 year olds should not be having sex.
Um, people under the age of 18 shouldnt be doing thta sort of stuff period. But yeah, these do sound a bit made up...you never know what kind of rampant rumors fly off the fanboys on forums like AICN, etc. So I'd take tha stuff with a grain of sand.

But yeah...a Simpsons movie is in the same development heck as Ghostbusters 3 and Indiana Jones. ie: Sounds cool, but I wouldnt exactly be starting a Star Wars camp out in line for tickets anytime soon. (As if you did, you could be in line til the dawn of the next milennium!)

I think a Simpsons movie was more possible a decade ago...now, I dont know. Its posisble, but much further down the road since the show looks like it might never end.

Personally, Im not a fan of the Simpsons. In fact I hate seeing all the Simpsons stuff everywhere. Like the WWF, after haven been a longtime fan I just kind of gave up a few years ago after I realized it was hopeless.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I like the show, but part of it has always rubbed me the wrong way for some reason. I guess it's because I can't quite relate to their family. My family life wasn't anything like that, but I assume a lot of other people did grow up in a similar situation.

But as I said, once I watch the program for 2 minutes, I'm usually hooked! And I really admire the writing. It's one of the most well crafted shows in TV history. About ten times more gags per episode than a live-action comedy. That being said, I liked the simlicity of the Groening scripted shorts that began the Simpsons legacy much better than the current show.

jeremyactor

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker
Um, people under the age of 18 shouldnt be doing thta sort of stuff period. But yeah, these do sound a bit made up...you never know what kind of rampant rumors fly off the fanboys on forums like AICN, etc. So I'd take tha stuff with a grain of sand.
Yeah, I'm just reporting what I heard. I read it in Time Magazine, which is usually a pretty good source.

Originally posted by beaker
But yeah...a Simpsons movie is in the same development heck as Ghostbusters 3 and Indiana Jones. ie: Sounds cool, but I wouldnt exactly be starting a Star Wars camp out in line for tickets anytime soon. (As if you did, you could be in line til the dawn of the next milennium!) [/B]
Actually, reports have indicated the Indiana Jones movie is just about ready for production - Harrison Ford and Sean Connery have signed contracts and I heard filming was not too far around the corner. It'll still be a while, but it's on it's way.

Jeremy

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
ya i heard tht indiana jones 4 is supposed to come out maybe in sometime of 2004 like in the summer...as for a simposn moie, i think peoplehave been ready for a simpsons movie for a good 5 years now..is it to late to make a movie, no, but if they did make a movie, i don't know what the simpson could do..then again, i'm not a writer for the show!

ryan

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Originally posted by sarah_yzma
yup that was my opinion!!! so sue me...wait DON'T i am poor
First rule of litigation: Don't sue poor people.

:big_grin: