Flew in the night
Where children laugh and giggle as they go from house to house
Getting bags filled with candy too big for a mouse
The costumes for this group
Each one was selected
But little did they know
They were in for the unexpected
For the enchantment of the night with its fun and guises
Was about to give them some unusual surprises…

~~~

That time of the year had come once again. The night had finally arrived where kids could get as much candy as they wanted by just visiting houses. It was the night that anyone could dress up and be just about any persona that they could be. This, my friends, was Halloween night.

In his room, a young frog was busy preparing to go trick-or-treating with his uncle and friends. His costume was special to him because it represented one of his favorite stories that he had a role in. The costume that he wore consisted of a gray tunic, dark gray tights (which were tailor-made to fit his small, spindly legs), a black belt, tiny boots to fit his flippers, and a red cape. On his bed lay a plastic shield and a little wooden sword.

The amphibian smiled as he started to sing softly. "They call me Sir Robin the Brave… and history someday will rave… I’m valiant and daring and noble of bearing… courageous and gallant… a mountain of talent…"

A loud knock interrupted the song and he turned his head to the doorway. "Who is it?" he questioned, slightly startled.

"It’s us, Bean and Sweetums!" a cute, boyish voiced responded back from the other side of the wooden door.

"Can we come in, little buddy?" a gruffer, but friendly, voice asked.

Robin’s smile grew wide as he answered, "Sure, guys, come on in!"

The door opened and two figures entered the little frog’s room. One was a cream-furred rabbit who was only a tad bit larger and taller than Robin was. He wore a pink shirt with the collar folded out, as well as some blue jeans that were rolled up just above his bare feet. Over his shoulder rested a stick with a red and white bag tied to the end.

The other was a shaggy brown monster that towered above both the rabbit and the frog. The monster was clad in a orange cloth with black spots that reached to a little above his knees and a light blue tie. A friendly smile was plastered onto his face.

"Wow, great costumes, guys!" Robin complimented them.

"Thanks, Robin," Bean replied cheerfully. "You know, I was in a puzzle about what to dress up as this year for a while. Then I thought, ‘Why not dress up as the hero among all bunnies?’ So, then I went through my picture collection--"

"Ready to go trick-or-treatin’?" the tall monster asked both of them, politely interrupting the rabbit’s monologue.

"You bet, Sweetums!" the small frog prince answered with excitement. "I can’t wait to go have fun with you two, Uncle Kermit, Gonzo, Fozzie, Rowlf, Camilla…" He paused, trying to remember who all was in the trick-or-treating group.

"Well, c’mon!" the rabbit exclaimed. "Everyone’s waiting for us downstairs! Let’s go!"

The two small creatures then raced past Sweetums and bounded down the stairs of the Muppet Boarding House. The place was all decked out in Halloween decorations, showcasing the spirit of the holiday. All over the house, Muppets of all kinds were preparing for the evening’s events, a majority of them in specialized costumes.

"Hey, little green stuff!" a raspy voice called out from the living room area. Bean and Robin turned to see Floyd Pepper, the Electric Mayhem’s bass player, leaning against the wall in his regular attire. "I’m digging both of your costumes."

"Thank you, Mr. Floyd!" the cute bunny replied with a smile.

"Where’s your costume, Floyd?" Robin asked timidly. Halloween was the time of dressing up, and the Electric Mayhem usually wore costumes around this time. Oddly enough, all six of them were clad in their normal, everyday clothing at the moment. Where were their costumes at?

"Don’t worry, little dude, I haven’t forgotten about it," the beatnik answered the curious frog’s question. "The band’s holding their costumes until the party tonight. We’ve decided to stay at home an’ pass out candy for the trick-or-treaters this year. Besides," he added with a grin, "sometimes our regular attire is just as flashy as any costume."

"Hey, speaking of costumes," another voice spoke up. The three turned their heads to see a certain comedian dressed up as a Roman gladiator general. "Why did the trick-or-treaters cross the road to get more candy?" The bear paused. "No, wait, that’s not right… ah…"

The bass player shook his head. "Fozzie, my fuzzy, I think it's time for you to truly be Roman."

The funny bear immediately perked up. "How's that?" he asked.

"By Roman away from here!" was the answer before a bout of laughter escaped from the musician’s throat.

A brown dog wearing a cowboy outfit decided to enter at this time. "Fozzie! There ya are. Ah’ve been lookin’ all over for you." He patted the bear on the shoulder. "Nice ta see that the costumes are still in one piece."

"I didn’t know that you were gonna dress up as a cowboy, Rowlf," Robin piped up.

The piano-playing dog smiled. "Like it?" he asked. "Fozzie and I are goin’ this year as a duo from that one movie about museums."

"Who wants to watch a movie about museums?" Bean asked, scrunching his nose in a confused manner.

The question wasn’t answered in time, for an echoing voice interrupted all conversation. "I am the terror that flaps in the night!" it announced. "I am the moldy cheese in the back of your refrigerator that you forget! I am…" The figure speaking jumped into the room. "… The Great Gonzo!"

Everyone gathered was awestruck at the newcomer’s all-purple superhero-like costume. The weirdo grinned from ear to ear at the silence. "Hi guys!"

"Wow, Gonzo," Rowlf spoke, impressed, "that’s one heck of a costume."

"Thank you, my canine compadre!" Gonzo answered with a twirl of his purple cape. "It took me a while to make this costume. Do you know how hard it is to find material like this?" After a short pause, he added, "By the way, has anyone seen Camilla around?"

"She’s the one dressed as the Bride of Frankenstein, right?" the bear gladiator questioned.

"That’s her, all right." The daredevil sighed dreamily. "Just when I thought that she couldn’t get any more beautiful… She’s still beautiful without the costume, of course, but… you guys know what I’m saying?"

Everyone shook their heads. Since when did anyone understand the little weirdo, anyway?

"Robin?"

The young frog turned to see his uncle standing at the bottom of the stairway, clad in a red robe which was tied at the waist with a gold rope and a blue pointed hat with stars and a moon that decorated it. "Ready to go trick-or-treating?" the famous amphibian asked.

"You bet, Uncle Kermit!" the little prince exclaimed. "I can’t wait to go with all of you guys!"

"Great," Kermit said with a smile, "then, let’s go." He pushed up a sleeve of his red robe and turned the front doorknob.

A terrifying monster greeted them as soon as the door opened up all the way. "ZUUUUL!" it screamed. Everyone gave out a yelp in surprise.

Laughter immediately erupted from outside as multiple figures became visible. Two of them, one male and one female, were dressed in yellow Star Trek uniforms. Another male was dressed as a certain Goblin King while a girl around his age was clad in jeans and a long shirt. A kiwi that was accompanying the group was dressed up as a Ghostbuster and a man was decked out in cowboy garb.

"Happy Halloween, everyone!" they all greeted the startled group once their giggles had ceased.

Kermit chuckled and smirked at his friends and employees. "Happy Halloween, guys," he said to the main crew of Muppet Central. "What brings you all around here?"

"Hey, who said that we couldn’t celebrate with our friends?" the monster asked in a goofy tone of voice, morphing back into his regular form.

"Well, you do have a point there, Waldo," the frog wizard agreed. "By the way, where’s Leon?"

"Oh, yes," the male U.S.S. Enterprise member spoke up, "he’s right…" He looked off in another direction. "Leon, why are you hiding in the bushes again?"

A sigh came as a response and soon a chameleon dressed up as a realistic dinosaur (a velociraptor, to be exact). "Go ahead," he deadpanned, "yuck it up all ya want."

"What a terrific costume, Leon!" Darkwing Du-- erm, Gonzo stood from his position and awed at his friend’s costume. "Who’s your tailor?"

"Kermit, can I ask a question?" the cyborg asked his boss. "About your costume…"

"It was Mickey’s idea, Digit," Kermit responded. "Let me be the first to say that all of your costumes look great."

"Thank you, Kermit," Vicki smiled. "We all worked very hard on them."

"Clifford, your friends are here!" Rowlf called into the boarding house.

Moments later, a purple catfish-like man dressed in all black (which included a black cape) appeared, hurrying down the stairs and to the front door. Tucked under his arm was a black helmet that was sure to cover his entire face. "Wassup, guys?" he greeted. "Nice to see the old gang here again."

"C’mon, Kermit," Bean interrupted, tapping his foot impatiently, "when are we gonna go trick-or-treating, huh?"

"My mistake." The frog turned to the cast assembled outside. "Come on in, everyone. You’re welcome to visit with the others and relax before the party tonight. We’re about to go trick-or-treating, you see, and--"

"Can I come, too?" Waldo asked. "I already have the costume and everything!" With that, he shape-shifted into a white ghost dog with a pumpkin nose.

"Aww, how cute!" Bean admired the graphic’s costume choice.

"The more the merrier!" Kermit answered, stepping outside. He was followed by the rest of the trick-or-treating group as the others filed inside to see them off. "Remember to look both ways before crossing the street, everyone," he told the group as soon as they reached the end of the sidewalk.

Not too far away, a shadowy figure observed them all from behind the tree. In the figure’s hand was a staff with a crystal ball on top. "A Happy Halloween, eh?" spoke the dark figure. "Well, I plan to give them a Halloween that they’ll never forget!"

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I love it! Great entrance by Gonzo--and everyone! Very funny, very interesting! Can't wait to see how this plays out! :big_grin:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
What? ! ? How is it I didn't find this sooner? *Superglomps Caitlyn. You'll na excape ma glomp o' doom! Get back ere! Caity! ! !

Seriously, this is beyond awesome. Waldo turning into Zero, cute. Will Camilla be in a traditional white bride dress or red? I ask because she will be Morgana Macabre to Gonzo's DW fright? Morgana, <33

Please, you have to post another chapter soon or I'll fade to nothingness.
*On bended knees. Please?
*Gives her the batty bat eyes look.

AnimatedC9000

Reaction score
Chapter 2

The silver moon shone brightly over the large gymnasium where the party was to be taking place. Two figures, both clad in (more or less) the same type of costume approached the building, one holding keys and the other a clipboard. The figure with the keys unlocked the double doors and opened one of them for his female accomplice to step inside.

"Are you sure it’s okay to be here before the party, Digit?" the girl asked, searching around for a light switch in the dark.

"I don’t think that Kermit would mind if we came a little bit early to check if everything’s functioning properly," the cyborg explained, heading to the sound board.

"True…" Vicki took a look around in the nearly pitch-black building. The only light came from the windows near the roof. With a shrug, she followed her boyfriend to the stage where a small number of microphones stood.

"Okay, Vicki," Digit spoke up from the sound board, "we’re all ready to start the mike check. Now, say anything that you want into any of the mikes and I’ll get it to just the right frequency range."

The red-haired girl nodded silently and began to speak into a microphone. "La mort est cet état où on vit seulement dans la mémoire de d'autres, qui est pourquoi ce n'est pas une extrémité. Aucuns goodbyes - juste bonnes mémoires."

Digit’s eyes widened in amazement as he listened. A smile formed on his lips as he spoke. "You never cease to amaze me, Vicki."

"Well, I had a pretty great teacher," the bespectacled woman responded, showing her own radiant smile.

A hint of red came onto the semi-robotic man’s cheeks as he quietly agreed with his sweetheart. They had known each other for years, and they were constantly teaching each other different things. Through it all, they had a strong bond that could never be broken: the bond of love.

After they gazed at each other for what seemed like an eternity, Digit managed to look away from her long enough to put some music on. Joining her on the stage, he asked, "May I have this dance?"

The assistant placed her clipboard down on the edge of the stage and replied, "Certainly." Their hands met and their feet kept in time to the music that was playing. Neither of them could’ve been happier.

As the music ended, the U.S.S. Enterprise security officer pulled the cyborg into a gentle hug. "I love you, Digit," she whispered to him.

"And I, you," came the soft reply of the male as he held her in his arms. Their lips gravitated closer and closer to each other with each passing second. Nothing could ruin this moment now.

Unless, of course, you were the main lighting to the entire gym. Then you could be switched on and be used to temporarily blind them.

"What the heck?" Digit asked himself as he looked out to the main floor. Vicki followed suit and they both saw a number of their friends, which included Darth Vader, Jareth the Goblin King, Sarah, Yosemite Sam, a Ghostbuster, and a velociraptor. Another male was also with the group. Like Vicki, he wore glasses and his hair was orange. Surprisingly, his costume consisted of an everyday business suit.

"Um, I hope we’re not interrupting anything," the business suit-clad man stated, looking a little confused.

"Oh, not at all, Scooter," Digit replied semi-nervously. "Vicki and I were just up here working on… it was just a…" He glanced over to his girlfriend, wondering if she wasn’t so tongue-tied at the moment like he was.

"A sound check," the woman offered.

"Yes, a sound check!" the cyborg agreed. "Just a harmless little sound check was all we were doing." After a beat and a nervous chuckle, both he and Vicki moved away from each other a little, glancing in opposite directions.

"Bet they were ‘bout ta check more than dat out," Leon thought aloud as he laughed a little, not knowing that the two on stage could hear his every word. When the chameleon received stares from the two in response, he gave a blank one back. "What?"

"I’m sorry," Digit said semi-sarcastically, "I seem to not understand this subject in your ‘human’ abilities. Please, explain to me what that means!"

The lizard opened his mouth to speak, but Francine interrupted him. "Shut up before you get hurt, Leon," she sighed, giving an exasperated glare to him. This aroused laughter in all assembled at the gym so far.

~~~

As time passed, more and more Muppets filed into the decorated interior of the building, each with their own costume. The trick-or-treating group came in as soon as they had covered the neighborhoods, and the others showed up whenever they deemed necessary. Everything seemed to be running smoothly… but not without a few complications.

"Ritzo! How can ju do dis, hokay?"

"Hey, it ain’t my fault! You said dat you were goin’ as a millionaire dis year."

"Hokay, so I lied and didn’t get the costumes in time," the Scream-costumed king prawn explained to the rat.

"Whatevah," Rizzo replied with the roll of his eyes before he started to sulk away. "Where’s my plastic scythe? I wanna be da Grim Reaper now…"

"Come on, Zoot," the trumpet player, dressed up as an Addams family member, called to beyond the closed restroom door, "it’s not that bad." Earlier, Zoot had ran into the room wearing a cloak over his costume and shut himself off from the rest of the party.

"I’m not coming out," said the voice of the sax player from behind the door. "I feel silly…"

"Hey, I look weird too," Lips told his friend. "At least we can get through this together." With a reassuring smile, he added, "I promise that no one’s gonna make fun of you. If they do, they can make fun of me and my facial hair first." To emphasize his point, he straightened out his fake mustache so that it would stick better to his face. "What do you say?"

After a period of silence from both of them, a soft sigh came from the door. "All right," Zoot agreed, "we’ll get through this together." With that, he emerged from the restroom, clad in his costume.

If Lips’s eyes could’ve physically widened, they would have once he saw his good friend’s costume. "Wow…" was all that came out of his mouth in amazement.

A small, shy smile came onto the saxophonist’s face. "Do I really look that amazing?" he asked out of curiosity.

"Why, you look absolutely enchanting this evening, my dear Morticia," Lips replied in a fake Spanish accent.

Giggling, Zoot adjusted the his wig so that the black "hair" draped slightly over his shoulders. "No, I really don’t look that great," he stated blushingly. "You, however, look absolutely stunning, Gomez."

With a chuckle, the trumpet player smoothed down his already smoothed-down, black-dyed hair. "Well, we both look pretty amazing, don’t we?"

Before the other could respond, a small figure cleared his throat. "Hola, senorita," Pepe greeted in his most suave voice, lifting up his mask to gaze at the, erm, "woman". "My name is Pepe the King Prawn, hokay. I was wondering, if ju weren’t busy, maybe we could go dancing tonight and we can get dis party gets starte--"

The king prawn was interrupted by a black high heel in the face, shoving him away. "Forget it, buddy," the "woman" interjected in his most feminine voice, "I’m happily married." He made this point clear by gently clinging to Lips’s arm.

"… unbelievable, hokay!" the crustacean shouted to himself as he walked away. "Why do all de hot wimmens have to be taken?" With that, he stormed off, muttering to himself.

A pink tint appeared on the former blonde’s face as his "wife" somehow refused to let go for a few moments. "Uh, Zoot…" he whispered.

His bandmate’s sunglasses-less eyes widened out of his dazed state. "Oh." The sax player quickly let go of his companion, moving away from him and glancing nervously in another direction.

A little ghost dog, now with a floating red spring hat on top of his head, was looking into the punch bowl at his reflection. "I’m the cutest little Zero ever," Waldo stated before morphing into a straw and slurping up a glass of punch.

"Waldo, let’s face it," Bean piped up between nibbling on a cookie, "you may look cute, but are you really cute?"

The graphic morphed back into Zero, raising an invisible eyebrow at the rabbit. "What do you mean?" he asked.

"In order to be cute, you’ve gotta be cute both inside and out." Bean lightly blew on his small fist and rubbed it against his chest. "You might look cute on the outside, but it’s nothing if you’re not fully cute twenty-four seven."

"Hey! I’m cute!" Waldo interjected. "I have a girlfriend, you know."

"And when’s the last time she’s seen you?" the rabbit asked slyly.

"That’s not the point, Bean!"

"COO-KIES!" exclaimed a wild red furred monster clad in a white bunny suit. He rushed to the refreshments counter, dragging a struggling Floyd along with him.

"No! Down, Animal!" the bass player commanded, trying to pull the frenzied drummer away from the table. The sleeves of his black coat were rolled up slightly and his equally dark hat started to fall off of his head as he pulled on the metal chain.

"Want coo--" Animal stopped dead in his tracks as soon as he saw Bean. "Hi, bun-nay rab-bit," he greeted calmly as he scooped up the small rabbit in his arms.

"What did I tell ya, Waldo?" Bean said with a smirk. "It’s all about being cute."

The CG creature rolled his eye sockets and floated over to his creator, who was currently discussing a topic with one of the two residential scientists. "… designed to hand out just the right amount of candy to trick-or-treaters," he heard the bespectacled scientist explain.

"Very interesting, Dr. Honeydew," Digit complimented. "I suppose that you used the invention to hand out candy this year, correct?"

"Well--" Bunsen was interrupted by several "meeps" as his assistant, dressed up in a blue uniform with tan pants, ran around with two arms (which were connected to a bowl of candy) around his throat. "Oh, dear…"

"… uh… say, what’s up with your costumes, Bunsen?" Waldo asked, wanting to change the subject.

"Oh, hello, Waldo," the green-skinned scientist greeted in a friendly voice. "Well, as I was explaining to Mr. Digit earlier, my assistant Beaker and myself have decided to dress up as one of my colleagues and his friend this year."

Tilting his head to one side, the graphic wondered, "Does your friend have four eyes? Because your glasses look… different."

"Why, indeed he does," Dr. Honeydew answered while adjusting his glasses, which currently had four glass panes. "For you see, my colleague is not of this world. He is, in fact, the notable alien scientist Dr. Jumba Jookiba."

Waldo’s eyes widened in awe. "No. Way. Then, is Beaker dressed up as Pleakley?"

"That is correct," Bunsen confirmed as Beaker came to the small group, his breathing pattern returning to normal after all the running that he had done recently.

"Mee-mo meep-mee mah mo meep-meep," the lab assistant saluted.

"Yes, excellent, Beaker," his partner nodded, patting him on the back.

"Floyd," Janice began, hurrying past them in a black leather suit and black hair, "like, you forgot your glasses." She placed the false glasses over her boyfriend’s eyes. "There, that better?"

"Thanks, baby," the bass player said, straightening his red tie.

"Oh, like, it’s no problem, rully," the woman smiled.

"So I says to him, I says, ‘If ya take one more step, I’m gonna have to--’"

"Here, Johnny, I brought you the punch that you asked for," a monkey, dressed up as Chewbacca the Wookie, interrupted, carrying a glass of punch.

"Oh, thank you, Sal," Johnny Fiama thanked his monkey bodyguard, taking a sip of the drink. "Now, where was I…?"

"I don’t get any of this," a muscle-brained pig, who was dressed up as the Greek demigod of strength, stated to two nearby girls, one of which was of his species.

Vicki paid little attention to him, only answering with a nod. "Sure, Mr. Link," she muttered before resuming chatting with Spamela Hamderson. "To tell the truth, I didn’t expect this many people to show up."

"I think that it’s more exciting in crowds," the blonde beach-going pig responded, adjusting her Western styled hat. "Besides, there’s more people to boogie with!" she added with a giggle.

"That reminds me," the female assistant remembered suddenly, "I’ve been meaning to dance with Digit sometime tonight. I wonder if he’s up to it now…"

~~~

From one of the gym’s windows, a crow observed the activity inside, making sure that it was concealed from the others’ view. Both of its dark eyes shone in the night, making it almost seem like they were acting as viewing windows for some enchanted force.

In a dark area a few miles away from the gym, a mysterious cloaked figure was gazing into a crystal ball, observing the happenings at the party with disgust. "Look at them, those simple-minded fools... dancing and laughing the night away without a care in the world. Pathetic. And their costumes! Nothing scary about them. Back in my day, Halloween was truly a night to be feared. Now, it's turned into a simple holiday where the only truly frightening thing is the cavities that the little brats get from munching on too many sweets."

"A real shame, too," another voice spoke up. "No matter how hard they try, they just can’t seem to grasp the true spirit of Halloween."

The cloaked figure turned around at the sound of the voice. "You’re late," it simply stated.

"A thousand apologies, my mistress," a smaller cloaked figure apologized, kneeling in front of the woman in front of the crystal ball. "I only wish to report that I am ready to do your bidding."

"Aren’t you always?" The woman motioned for the other figure to come forward and turned back to the crystal ball, gazing at what else was going on at the party. "Have you ever seen a more pitiful excuse for a party?"

"I have seen many parties that they have thrown over the years," the figure responded, "but this party has been, for the most part, the least disastrous. No unforeseen accidents, no explosions, nothing exciting to liven up the party. Only romantic mush."

"Disgusting," the larger cloaked woman agreed. "But that will all change when we show up, Nigel." The inside of the crystal ball began to swirl around. "It will all change…"

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Releases Vicki from captivity. *Bows down at Cait's feet, then glomps her.
This is why I love fics and Haloween and Muppets. Though it just serves to cast more doubt on my own littledoodlings/ideas when there's such greatness here. Thanks for the new chapter.
*Leaves blood lollypops (they're just dark cherry rully).

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Nigel ... the orchestra guy? What a sniveling little brown-noser! Anyway, I totally dug Waldo and Bean's cute discussion and I nearly died laughing with Pepe.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Careful there Kell... If you end up doing that, the weasels come and take you away.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Me need more of this wonderful story posted soonish! ! ! :insatiable:

Who or what are Floyd and Janice supposed to be dressed up as?
Also, who is that cloaked villainess at the end of Chapter 2? :flirt:

So... Update thish? Please? :batty: