The Seventh (Somewhat) Annual Muppet Central Forum Awards 2011

theprawncracker

Reaction score
VOTING ENDS ON SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 27, 2011

AWARDS CEREMONY TO BE HELD ON SUNDAY, MARCH 6, 2011, 1:00 P.M. U.S. CENTRAL TIME*

Welcome one, welcome all, welcome members new, welcome members old to...

The Seventh (Somewhat) Annual Muppet Central Forum Awards 2011

This is the time of the year where we at Muppet Central Forum gather together to honor outstanding forum members from 2010! We have categories for everyone and everyone is welcome to vote! But how, you may be asking yourself, do you, the unknowing masses, go about voting for said outstanding members? Well, the answer is simple and shall be presented to you in the form of bulletted rules (definitely not stolen from the last three year's awards threads) (posted by moi).

Rules and Guidelines for Voting in the
Muppet Central Forum Awards:

• First and foremost, copy and paste the list of award categories into an e-mail and enter your votes for the categories.
  • You do NOT have to vote in all of the categories!
  • Absolutely NO voting for yourself.
  • Campaigning for yourself IS allowed, as long as it DOES NOT get out of hand. (Acceptable means of campaigning include: campaigning via signatures, campaigning via avatar, and campaigning in THIS thread.)
  • You MAY vote for a forum member in more than one category. (e.g. I vote for Beauregard for Funniest Member of 2010 and Biggest Supporter of The Jim Henson Company in 2010.)
  • Once you've filled out your ballot... Send an e-mail to muppetcentralawards@gmail.com. Any ballots posted in this thread (or anywhere else) will NOT be counted. (Your email will not be known by anyone but me and will NOT be used for any purposes other than to count your votes.)
  • ALL BALLOTS MUST BE E-MAILED BY FEBRUARY 27TH, 2011. Absolutely no exceptions! (Unless of course you have a really good reason.) We need this time to count the votes and create the awards before the ceremony.
  • Attendance at the Awards Ceremony on March 6th is NOT required, but IS requested. It's fun, it's free, and, hey, you might win something! For the first time, the Awards Ceremony will be hosted by two Muppet Central Forum members, dwayne1115 and Aaron. We're very excited to have them both working on the awards!
  • And the biggest rule that absolutely MUST be followed... HAVE FUN! ! !
To make things easier, I will be posting the official ballot in a post immediately following this one. The categories for this year's ceremony are the same as last year's, which were picked apart and debated over by a committee of MC members hand-picked by me.

Please, please, please don't hesitate to vote! EVERYONE is welcome and encouraged to come vote! We want this to be a huge turnout year!

And remember, these awards are meant to unite MC. If you don't win that award you really wanted, don't feel bad. Just remember that a good friend and a fellow Muppet fan did win it. Everyone here deserves awards just for being themselves!

So, without further ado, welcome, ladies, gentlemen, penguins, chickens, rats, and whatever to The Seventh Somewhat-Annual Muppet Central Forum Awards 2011!

HAVE FUN! ! !

Sincerely and Insanely Yours,
Ryan/Prawnie/theprawncracker

*Award Ceremony date subject to change

theprawncracker

Reaction score
THE OFFICIAL SEVENTH (SOMEWHAT) ANNUAL MUPPET CENTRAL FORUM AWARDS 2011 VOTERS BALLOT

Forum Friends and Family
Funniest Forum Member of 2010
Most Prominent Forum Member of 2010
Most Underrated Forum Member of 2010
Most Creative Current Signature
Outstanding Thread Started in 2010
Outstanding Post of 2010
Craziest Member of 2010
Most Thoughtful Member of 2010
Outstanding Reporter of Muppet News in 2010
Biggest Muffin Purveyor of 2010
Most Informative Member of 2010
Outstanding New Member of 2010

Muppet Appreciation

Biggest Supporter of The Muppets in 2010
Biggest Supporter of Sesame Street in 2010
Biggest Supporter of Fraggle Rock in 2010
Biggest Supporter of Jim Henson’s Fantasy Worlds in 2010
Biggest Supporter of The Jim Henson Company in 2010
Biggest Supporter of Muppet Merchandise in 2010
Biggest Supporter of Sesame Street Merchandise in 2010
Biggest Supporter of the Muppeteers in 2010
Most Enthusiastic Forum Member of 2010
Outstanding Fan Artist of 2010
Outstanding Fan-Fiction Written in 2010
Most Dedicated Muppet Fan of 2010

The Muppet Central Forum Lifetime Achievement Award
Previous Winners -
Phillip Chapman
The Count
Beauregard
D'Snowth

When voting for the Lifetime Achievement Award, PLEASE vote for a member who has not won it yet.

Email completed ballot to muppetcentralawards@gmail.com

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
Can you send more than one e-mail. Example, if I think of someone for a few categories then people for other categories later?

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Can you send more than one e-mail. Example, if I think of someone for a few categories then people for other categories later?
Yes! Absolutely! Just do me a favor and title the subject of both emails the same, that way they'll group together in my inbox and be less confusing. But yes, definitely.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I have not been on the fourm much this year but I do have one vote to cast.

beakerboy12

Reaction score
Are we allowed to nominate members who recently came to the forums. Like from January 2011?

Puckrox

Reaction score
Submitted my nominees! I haven't been around too long, so I only did a few, but they are a well deserved few! :big_grin:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Are we allowed to nominate members who recently came to the forums. Like from January 2011?
We're trying to focus solely on 2010 with these awards... all 2011 members will have to wait until next year's awards to win anything, unfortunately.