The RHLC!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
It's unbelievable about Japan; my prayers go out to all of them. You know we've stopped being so afraid of nuclear power in recent years after the Cold War ended, but that doesn't mean the problem went away.

Eh so what if Janice can't hold her guitar right, has Guy Smiley ever even tried to hold one? Lol :wink:

Nekoshema

Reaction score
lol i was doing some 'calculations' based off the stats that are out atm of who might win the tournament. i am worried cuz if [or rather when] Scooter goes up against Statler and Waldorf, he'll loose. however, if what i think will happen will indeed happen, then a Richard Hunt character will probably win. [it's kinda evil putting 3 Richard Muppets in the same category, i know they're all humans but come on] i think Statler and Waldorf will win... or Gonzo or the Mana Muna guy. but if we can vote someone back in at the last minute like last year, Scooter has a second chance. GO SCOOTER! :wink:

in other news, how was everyones St. Patties? i had a pint at a local pub in my town, they got some Irish dancer to entertain :smile: then i met up with my friend and we hung at home for a few hours. my St. Patrick's Day parties tonight, it's just easier that way. you're all invited if you're in the area, just tell me what you want on your pizza :wink:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Actually... You should be more worried about this week's Round 2 match, pitting Scooter vs. Janice. *Waits for the inevitable chaos this will have on the rest of the RHLC. And the thing is... I've got campaigns for both, but can't put 'em on FB because it not letting me update my status and my not rully nowing how to make great campaign badges like the other more passionate peoples.

Meh...

Vote fer Janice? Like fer sure.

You didn't vote for Scooter? Well, his uncle who owns this campaign thinksyou should vote for Scooter...

Nekoshema

Reaction score
lol, neat. i think muppet maddness was invented this year simply to make us at the RHLC go insane :crazy: now, Janice vs. Scooter is easy for me, Scooters my all time favourite muppet, i'm sticking with him till the end [which is probably round three]

Snuffy vs. Candus, now they're just trying to make me not ever vote. Candus and Snuffy are too dear to my heart to be pinned against each other... oh well, next round i can vote for one. :wink:

quick side note, on sunday i kinda geeked out in front of my boyfriend [he enjoyed it] there was this toy store with a giant Red plushie on a swing so i ran inside and found a Sprocket and Uncle Traveling Matt [also found a Peter Rabbit] so i got Sprocket. but i've noticed something, none of the places i've found that carries Fraggle Rock stuff has Mokey or Junior Gorg... guess it's online for me [cuz i will get a Mokey plushie] honestly, why does no one recognize her in the group? i found some Fraggle Rock shot glasses [i had the same reaction... assuming it was shock] and she wasn't there!

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
in other news, how was everyones St. Patties? i had a pint at a local pub in my town, they got some Irish dancer to entertain :smile: then i met up with my friend and we hung at home for a few hours. my St. Patrick's Day parties tonight, it's just easier that way. you're all invited if you're in the area, just tell me what you want on your pizza :wink:
I had a grand St. Patrick's. Wore green, consumed large quantities of soda bread and barmbrack (it's kinda like soda bread, except it's a yeast bread), listened to tunes by Searson - they're these three sisters from Ottawa who play lots of Irish roots music. They're really good.

As for pizza, I'm okay with about anything -unless it's on a Friday in Lent, when I'm restricted to veg and extra cheese.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I don't really do much for St. Patrick's Day. But if this counts, I did watch Celtic Thunder on PBS the other day, they're awesome. :wink:

GoboDeadly95

Reaction score
Crazy Right?

I wore my Beaker shirt yesterday to my state's Catholic Youth Rally and I'm not even joking about this so call me crazy if y'all wish but I think I met my guardian angel yesterday. I just was sitting there in this light and I was crying and singing and I felt someone holding my hands. Then I saw someone smiling at me and it was really awesome. I wasn't sure who's hands they were but they were soft and warm and his laugh was happy when we sang together his voice was so strong and sweet. It was an experience I'm not forgetting soon.
Crazy right?

Puckrox

Reaction score
I wore my Beaker shirt yesterday to my state's Catholic Youth Rally and I'm not even joking about this so call me crazy if y'all wish but I think I met my guardian angel yesterday. I just was sitting there in this light and I was crying and singing and I felt someone holding my hands. Then I saw someone smiling at me and it was really awesome. I wasn't sure who's hands they were but they were soft and warm and his laugh was happy when we sang together his voice was so strong and sweet. It was an experience I'm not forgetting soon.
Crazy right?
Wow. That sounds like quite the amazing experience! :smile:

---

Today I was listening to the song "Saying Goodbye" on a flight and I paid attention to Richard's lyrics:

"Saying goodbye, why is it sad?
Makes us remember the good times we had.
Much more to say, foolish to try.
It's time for saying goodbye."

First and foremost, I got emotional just thinking about the connection between Richard and these lyrics. But, at the same time, I wonder if any of the other Muppeteers found comfort in these words, because while saying goodbye is sad/hard, the lyrics are pretty positive. I like to think they did. :smile:

GoboDeadly95

Reaction score
Wow. That sounds like quite the amazing experience! :smile:

---

Today I was listening to the song "Saying Goodbye" on a flight and I paid attention to Richard's lyrics:

"Saying goodbye, why is it sad?
Makes us remember the good times we had.
Much more to say, foolish to try.
It's time for saying goodbye."

First and foremost, I got emotional just thinking about the connection between Richard and these lyrics. But, at the same time, I wonder if any of the other Muppeteers found comfort in these words, because while saying goodbye is sad/hard, the lyrics are pretty positive. I like to think they did. :smile:
I know that must have crossed their minds somewhere. If you listen to all the lyrics of A Muppet's Christmas Carol they dedicated that movie to Richard and Jim those lyrics MUST have been personal because they ALL talk about how love and just living day to day is the best thing about life.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I remember when I first learned about who Richard was, and then later heard this verse in "Saying Goodbye." For the first time I didn't just hear it as Scooter singing, I realized there was a person behind the performance. It was quite an amazing moment. :wink: