The RHLC!

Beauregard

Reaction score
Has everyone been over to Toughpigs to read the interview with Jane Hunt today? It's stunning. And that's coming from a SWAEHBian!

Nekoshema

Reaction score
i was gonna check that out.

fletchy, you've just made my day finding a clip from puppetmaster. i've been wanting to check that out for a year now, why didn't it get off the ground anyway? when i read about it i was like 'epic show' i mean, most shows today suck, even then, it could have worked.

oh! the other day i was checking out a second hand store and while i was going through the plushie's in the back, i actually found a Gobo Fraggle plushie :smirk:

and gelfling, that guy's insane! [admiting, i don't like pepe] but come on, Robin? sure he puts me to sleep, but it's Robin!

Whatsername

Reaction score
Hi. I Didn't know that Richard had passed away until last year and while at first I found him kind of abrasive :smile:o I only Knew him as Junior Gorg, That character used to really bug me.) I started to read up on him and immediately fell in love with him. I'm amazed that a person could have such a positive view of life! (I suffer from depression, so I kind of have trouble seeing the beauty in the world.) Just reading about his life has made me want to change my own, I'm trying to look at things differently now and get my life in order. So I just wanted to say thank you Richard. Rest in peace. And sorry if I made anyone mad with this post, I really didn't mean to.:sympathy:

JanicesMainDude

Reaction score
Oh I agree, I think a good example of Scooter's importance is in (probably my favourite Muppet Show episode) the Loretta Lynn episode where Kermit puts Scooter in charge for a little while.

Yeah, I can't believe 18 years has passed since we lost the late great Richard Hunt. He still never ceases to amaze me or crack me up. Last night, I found an excerpt of a failed Jim Henson pilot called Puppetman (http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Puppetman). Richard plays one of the lead characters in it ('Del') and he's rully funny in it. I wish I could see more of it.

Here's the clip - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Hrih0yyngE
I dont think Gelfling Girl has seen this yet..she is gonna freak..:eek:

APRena

Reaction score
Wow. Today has been some kind of all-around awful for me, and it just got a little worse. (RHLCer that I am, I tend to think Richard died on the same day as John Lennon, even though it's a month before. No idea why, but on a good day my memory is flaky anyway.)

Rest in Peace wherever you may be. :cry: Although it's a bit painful, I'm going to watch Richard's closing remarks again. The way he seems to deal with death in general is beautiful and calming.

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
Cool! How'd they get a hold of the clip? I thought the only place around here you could see it was at the Paley Center.

Not that I mind having to go into the Paley Center - it's well worth the train fare, but the problem is finding the time to go.

Go over to ToughPigs and check out the interview - it's really worth reading. A lot of it touches on what was in the MuppetCast tribute, but there are a lot of new stories we haven't seen.

It's true, APRena - he knows that his time on Earth is growing short, but he's up there, really calm and composed. It's like I said - it felt like he had something to say to everyone, and not much time to say it in. I think it's also a way of offering comfort, in advance, to everyone who would be mourning him.

FletchySRF3088

Reaction score
fletchy, you've just made my day finding a clip from puppetmaster. i've been wanting to check that out for a year now, why didn't it get off the ground anyway? when i read about it i was like 'epic show' i mean, most shows today suck, even then, it could have worked.
Glad it made your day :smile:

I was thinking a similar thing really. The first five mins I saw really cracked me up, particularly Richard's character 'Del'. I wish I could see the whole episode and more scenes with him!

I dont think Gelfling Girl has seen this yet..she is gonna freak..:eek:
Heh, I hope she likes it. I was like that last night when I first found out about it.

Nekoshema

Reaction score
man, i had some odd dreams last night [i know, wrong forum] each one involved a different muppet show or movie and i kept running into richard,[example, i'm in my house and i find a fraggle hole, i go to fraggle rock and hang with the fraggles, i eventually meet junior gorg and richard cames over, calls cut, and they're all suddenly muppets when just a minute ago, they were real] and it ends with him driving me home [and for some reason george carlin's last special was playing in the tv in the window of my room every time] the last time he was driving me home he said 'quit following me, would you? it's alright, i'll still be here, so stop coming back' [odd, huh?]

anyway, i really hope they upload the whole pilot of puppetman, i'd love to see it just once. you know, i don't think richard's acting, he's just being himself... minus the opening. how corny 80's can you get? :wink: