The RHLC!

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
Happy New Year, everyone, and let's hope 2010 goes more or less all right.

For those of us here in the northern hemisphere, hope you're staying warm. It's wicked cold here - about 17 degrees.

APRena

Reaction score
Hey fellow RHLCers! :smile: I haven't shown up here in a while, so I'll just restate the whole "Happy New Year" message. Oh, something you may find funny (yet predictable, kind of)

Something I noticed about a particular IRL crush I have: he looks very much like a young Richard. (Abundance of rugby shirts and curly hair... :flirt:)

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
Something I noticed about a particular IRL crush I have: he looks very much like a young Richard. (Abundance of rugby shirts and curly hair... :flirt:)
Lucky.

Also, you guys may have seen this one another thread on here but whoever wrote this sure had some nerve. How dare they say that about Scooter and Janice? :mad:

Wanda

Reaction score
Also, you guys may have seen this one another thread on here but whoever wrote this sure had some nerve. How dare they say that about Scooter and Janice? :mad:
Some people just have way too much time on their hands :boo:

Happy New Year to everyone (bit late!) and hope there were good Christmases all round.
I was lucky enough to get Of Muppets and Men in my stocking :excited: having never seen it before. Chuffed to bits!

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Personally I can't understand how anybody can fail to see any redeeming good in any Muppet.:confused:

Some of them, though not many, do have their flaws, but you can't write them off completely. They all have their place in Jim Henson's productions.
That's like saying some of Walt Disney's characters could be done away with. If they didn't appear in their respective movies, the story would disintegrate.

Well admittedly, maybe the analogy isn't quite as strong regarding something like The Muppet Show. You could build a show like that around virtually any sort of cast. But since we have the cast we were given, naturally it's hard to imagine not having the characters in the series now.

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
Well, I can quasi- understand where he's coming from on a few things. Pepe, I imagine, can get a little grating after a bit, and Bunsen didn't really come into his own until Beaker came along...

But, come on. Scooter? Janice? Robin? You guys are right...whoever wrote that has way too much free time.

I read in the paper today that The Muppet Movie's been selected to go into the National Film Registry. Way cool. :smile:

FletchySRF3088

Reaction score
I know! I can't believe some of his choices, especially Scooter, Janice and Robin? How dare he say that stuff too! :mad:

He obviously has no idea what he's talking about with some character's importance and what-not.

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
Too right - as a few people commented, Scooter was much more than the "15 seconds to curtain" gofer - he was also Kermit's right-hand man (Muppet).

Well, gang, another Jan. 7 is upon us...and it's really hard to believe that it's been 18 years already. Rest in peace, Richard...you were only here for 40 years, but what 40 years they were.

FletchySRF3088

Reaction score
Oh I agree, I think a good example of Scooter's importance is in (probably my favourite Muppet Show episode) the Loretta Lynn episode where Kermit puts Scooter in charge for a little while.

Yeah, I can't believe 18 years has passed since we lost the late great Richard Hunt. He still never ceases to amaze me or crack me up. Last night, I found an excerpt of a failed Jim Henson pilot called Puppetman (http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Puppetman). Richard plays one of the lead characters in it ('Del') and he's rully funny in it. I wish I could see more of it.

Here's the clip - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Hrih0yyngE

Nekoshema

Reaction score
in the words of my favourite fraggle rock song 'it's just a dream, away. you'll have to leave, to stay. we'll me again, someday. just a dream away.' in fact, the whole episode sums up everything really well. as long as we remember richard, and have muppet episodes/movies, a part of him is still alive.... i think i'm gonna go watch the richard hunt tribute [and cry when Scooter sings] then listen to his closing remarks... then put on the two-headed moster and laugh myself silly :wink::flirt: [they get me everytime]

R.I.P. Richard, you'll never be forgoten [the crazy zany one's never are :wink:]