The RHLC!

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
It was the Simpsons; it was the episode in which Bart had to face off against Todd Flanders in a miniature golf tournament, and Lisa decided to teach Bart the Zen approach to golfing.

MeepBorkMeep

Reaction score
If I mime falls in a forest, and no one is around to hear it, does anyone care?

Yeah, that first one was in the Simpsons. As well as "What is the sound of one hand clapping?"

Beauregard

Reaction score
Kiki said:
Sounds like one groovy club, eh?
'When a tree falls in a forest, and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?' Boy... that's deep. it's gonna keep me up all night. lol. :wink:
Was it first in the Simpsons? I forst read it right here at MC in the RandomRandomness thread...back when we had one...

Oops, wrong club.

MeepBorkMeep

Reaction score
It's okay Beau, we admit people to comment freely. Hence the triple bolted door. And it wasn't first on the Simpsons, it was an old antique Zen question, but they repeated it on the Simspons, probably giving it its fame.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Yeah I've heard that saying for years, way before the Simpsons. I didn't realize they'd use it. :smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Bleh... Let's get off of this subject and on to something else.
*Gets off of trampled conversation, kicks it in the shins for good measure, and boots it into trash masher.

So... Heard any good Richard stories lately? What you guys think of Ricky Boyd taking over Scooter in MWoO? Hope this means they'll start to bring back other characters like Rowlf into the main group... If Disney ever stops dragging its feet and does something with the cast of characters.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I've heard Ricky Boyd did a good job. I'm just too afraid to see the movie! But it's nice seeing characters being given their rightful place again.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Although we will always love Richard doing Scooter, I believe Rickey Boyd was a great choice! He sounded so much like Richard's Scooter!!

Granted it was only a short time on screen. (I have got to get the DVD. :mad: ) But it was wonderful.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... Not sure if they got together to go over Muppet performance notes... But Ricky has worked with JHC since The Jim Henson Hour in 1989, Beaker was Richard's only main character along with Statler, seen in a few bit segments.