The Replica Report

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
PMs sent to both MuppetsRule and Earl!!

Yeah, unless you're a hardcore Star Wars fan (which I am) who has lots of money (which I am NOT), then the new deal doesn't seem as appealing as before.

No hard feelings at all against MR, cuz it does work out really great for a lot of people. Have you checked out the new MR Forums Earl? Those guys put George Lucas' collection to shame.

I just really wish I was independently wealthy!!
:big_grin:
Anthony

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
Yeah, I really wanted that Studio Scale Enterprise they had (I know, that's Star Trek, not Star Wars)... but it was $1200... and really big. Even if I had the money I don't where I would have put it. As it is, the Muppets are going to require a lot of space.

:stick_out_tongue:

ElecMayhem

Reaction score
Was Once Ernie said:
Hi Anthony!

Aside to Travis:

Last year's deal of $50 off of Kermit is a much better deal for Muppet fans than this year's deal. Under the old system, we got the Collector's Society memebership for $10. ($60 membership minus $50 saved on Kermit). Under the new system, we would only get $20 off Kermit. So, unless you plan on buying a lot of stuff from MR, the Collector's Society membership doesn't make much sense.

Valid point... except that it's looking like Gonzo and Animal are both going to cost more than Kermit did. Upwards of maybe $100 more -- although don't hold me to that, we're trying to get costs down. It wouldn't surprise me if Gonzo came in a $249, and Animal came in at $299... So, if you buy them both, with 10% off, you $54.80 -- MORE than you did on Kermit, plus the membership costs less than last year! Last year, you could only use the LE coupon on one item -- so this year, if you buy both, you get a slightly cheaper kit, and a slightly better discount...

Bear Man

Reaction score
ElecMayhem said:
Valid point... except that it's looking like Gonzo and Animal are both going to cost more than Kermit did. Upwards of maybe $100 more -- although don't hold me to that, we're trying to get costs down. It wouldn't surprise me if Gonzo came in a $249, and Animal came in at $299... So, if you buy them both, with 10% off, you $54.80 -- MORE than you did on Kermit, plus the membership costs less than last year! Last year, you could only use the LE coupon on one item -- so this year, if you buy both, you get a slightly cheaper kit, and a slightly better discount...
Am I the only one wondering how a saving of $54.80 on TWO items is more than a $50 saving on one?....:stick_out_tongue:

But thanks for the heads-up on possible prices Travis - not great news, but not unexpected either.

ElecMayhem

Reaction score
Bear Man said:
Am I the only one wondering how a saving of $54.80 on TWO items is more than a $50 saving on one?....:stick_out_tongue:

But thanks for the heads-up on possible prices Travis - not great news, but not unexpected either.
I see your point, and I definitely get what you're saying. And I agree: saving $54 on two items is not necessarily better than saving $50 on one... However, it is better if you think of it this way: the coupon provided last year was good for one-time use on any Disney (i.e. Muppet) Limited Edition Item. The key to what I am getting at is in the term "one-time use." So, say we had kept things the same as last year...and you wanted both Gonzo and Animal. Well, you would have to use your $50 coupon on one, and then pay full price for the other. Total savings, $50. Whereas this year, you save a total of $54 if you buy both.

I know, I know...not a whopping difference. But add in the fact that membership is cheaper, and you're getting somewhere.

But, I won't insult your intelligence and gloss over the fact that yes, the MR CS is geared very much to Star Wars collectors. We love Star Wars, and we love the fans. But I think you will begin to see that change somewhat in the future -- not our love for the fans. But MR will be diversifying.

One Muppet Item in 2006. Two in 2007. And if things go according to plan, there will be more (a decent amount more, and not just Photo Puppets) in '08. That's all I can say right now, and everything is subject to change.

If you want to tell MR what kind of porducts that you want, head on over to www.MasterReplicas.com/forum and let us know!!

Travis

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Well said Travis. And you know that once this gets out, all anyone will be talking about is what's coming from MR in '08!!! Not just photo puppets?!? That's gonna drive me CRAZY!!!!! Might we see a small peek at Toy Fair?

:big_grin:
Anthony

antonydavanzo

Reaction score
I think $300 for animal is cheap. So are Animal and Gonzo coming out at the same time?

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
We still don't know. A preorder date hasn't been announced yet. Maybe after Toy Fair? I really hope so, news has been zero on these guys for a long time, except for what we've heard from Terry.

antonydavanzo

Reaction score
Does anyone else think that these replicas will be worth a lot of money in years to come.. My wife has said that it would be worth getting my Palisades Muppet stuff and the photo puppets insured.
PS What are peoples friends reactions over the Kermit puppet. All my friends are blown away with the quality of the puppet

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
My step-daughter's friend looked at it and said, "Is that the real Kermit?" She's 17.