The Quiet Hippo & The Loud Mouse

MIKEB97

Reaction score
Does anyone recall a rare cartoon? A Hippo lives in a house in the village and is fond of her peaceful environment. She has a calm personality. Just then, a mouse pays her a visit, which becomes a problem. The mouse is loud and when he listens to rock music, he cranks the volume up to maximum. The hippo prefers serene classical music. She then prepares tea and the mouse is impolite by slurping his tea and making noise while stirring with his spoon. Then the landlord arrives unhappy and just as he is about to complain about the hippo's guest, the mouse quickly packs his luggage and takes off. That's about all I recall.

ssetta

Reaction score
Yes, I do remember it. About when is it from?

MIKEB97

Reaction score
I would guess the cartoon is from the late 1970's. My memo is fuzzy of the dialogue used in that film. Do you recall some things the Mouse & the Hippo Said to each other? :cool:

ssetta

Reaction score
You mean when they were having tea?

Hippo: You know, Mr. Mouse, things used to be very quiet around here. Now, they seem, well...
Mouse: LOUD, RIGHT?
Hippo: Yes. Even my neighbor has been complaining.
Mouse: I DON'T CARE WHO'S BEEN COMPLAINING! I LIKE LOUD, YEAH, LOTS OF NOISE! I DON'T LIKE QUIET. QUIET MAKES ME NERVOUS.

Drtooth

Reaction score
This was on Plaza Sesamo just this sunday.

The Landloard was a cat. it really got the Mouse up and going.

At the end the Mouse says, "OH AND BY THE WAY....thanks for the tea."

Funny stuff. The Mouse looked like he had a seizure when he was dancing, though...