The Oh-So-Permanent Thanksgiving Thread

D'Snowth

Reaction score

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Great avatar!

So yeah, Thanksgiving, well I'm looking forward to the Macy's parade tomorrow morning. One of these years I really would love to see it live.

I am grateful for a lot this year like my job, my supportive friends and family, the play I'm in and a little break through I've had in my OCD depression which has made a world of difference. I'm going to bring back one of my old signatures:

"Everything will be fine, you must try to believe, whenever you're frightened or sad. Everything will be fine if you'd only believe that good often follows the bad." :smile:

Teheheman

Reaction score
Just learned that there are actually 3 states that forbid shopping on Thanksgiving. Stores aren't too thrilled about it but that's just the way it is I guess.
I, personally, LOVE Thanksgiving, or as I like to call it, the "Fat man's holiday".

Daniel

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Finally! After three years of trying, I can FINALLY wear my best sweater for Thanksgiving! The last three Thanksgivings had been unseasonably warm (especially a couple of years ago when it was like 74, and everybody on the news was so psyched about it), but now this year, 46 for the high! Woo!

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
It's always nice to see the Sesame Street float in the parade, this time Cookie and Jimmy Fallon singing "Somebody Come and Play". Joe Raposo woulda been proud.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
I made it through Thanksgiving without getting a stomach ache from all the food or an anxiety attack from all the people, so this year's affair was one of the better ones in recent memory. It's nice to have a quiet holiday.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
At this time, I would just like to extend season's greetings and wish a Happy Canadian Thanksgiving to MrsPepper, Mitchell, Ozy, Faylo, and all of our resident Canuckleheads here.

mimitchi33

Reaction score
I have a Thanksgiving tradition that my kindergarten teacher as well as a few teachers I know did: I will always watch Mumfie's Quest the day before Thanksgiving. I began it annually last year, when I watched it for the first time in ten years, and finally saw the ending to the movie (I didn't make it through the whole movie as a kid due to some scary scenes...)