The Oh-So-Permanent Thanksgiving Thread

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
It's November and the radio stations are already playing Christmas music.
Here is my advice:
If this really bothers you and you keep complaining that's it's too early for Christmas, please tune in to music that has nothing to do with the holiday season. It can be songs that have to do with food such as "Coconut" from the Muppet Show or to be thankful for what you have.

Drtooth

Reaction score
And of course, as always, mass marketing is ignoring Thanskgiving altogether and going straight to shoving Christmas down our throats.

Dude...

Guess what I saw at a CVS a few weeks ago?

Chocolate Turkeys and Pilgrim chocolate lollipops.

I haven't seen Thanksgiving candy since I was really little! It's a bleeding breakthrough.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It almost sounds as if they're trying to give Thanksgiving an Easter aspect as far as products go...

Drtooth

Reaction score
Russle Strovers used to have a Thanksgiving product line when I was younger. Wanna hear an embarrassing story how I know so? Well, when I was like 4 or so, I was very sick Thanksgiving, and all I was able to eat was a chocolate marshmallow pilgrim. I had to go to the doctors, where I puked it up on said doctor. And you know why I have no shame in telling that? My mother loves telling that friggin story. It's almost a good thing I'm pretty much an introvert who can't manage to meet anyone. All the effort would be wasted on trying to build a relationship with someone (on various levels of friendly) would have been wiped out with that &^%$ing story.

WalterLinz

Reaction score
Oh wow I saw that one of my neighbors have already brought out their Christmas lights...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, thanks to my dad's work schedule, we have to get our tree the week of Thanksgiving, because he'll only be in from November 25-27... I told my mom I should be old enough to put a tree up myself, but the plan's set in stone.

On a plus side though, we know now where to find white pines (a very superior Christmas tree to those bland-looking Douglas firs), as there's a Christmas tree farm closeby that has tons of white pines, which is great because finding a good white pine at Christmas tree lots anymore has been like trying to find a needle in a haystack for a number of years now.

Mynameisdean

Reaction score
Of, course, since I'm a HUGE football fan, as you may already know, Football is one of my favorite parts of Thanksgiving. Say, one of my favorite Thanksgiving memories is the infamous "Buttfumble" incident 2 years ago. I apologize if anyone is a Jets fan on here.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well, thanks to my dad's work schedule, we have to get our tree the week of Thanksgiving, because he'll only be in from November 25-27... I told my mom I should be old enough to put a tree up myself, but the plan's set in stone.
Kinda lousy you don't have a choice on that one. I never got the point of anyone putting a tree up a month early. The thing completely dies by the time Christmas comes. Of course, there are times we got the tree on Christmas Eve and it was up well into January.

You know, I get the reason why they're pushing Christmas into Thanksgiving territory. Thanksgiving is a great time to sell food, but rarely anything else. The decorations are kinda lousy, playing off the Pilgrim/Indian/Turkey romanticized version of history (long story short, things were a little more complicated, the Natives carved out the wilderness long before any Europeans got there... and most of all, they didn't eat turkey, or at least it wasn't a featured dish). Unless you're looking to buy some tacky decorations, there's not much money to be made there. Then there's the huge holiday that makes a crap-load of money around a month away, so... there ya go.