The Oh-So-Permanent Thanksgiving Thread

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
We had the usual turkey, stuffing, gravy, corn, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, and rolls. But we also had apple pie for dessert.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
There's a sandwich shop near me that makes a Thanksgiving sandwich every day of the year.Turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, cranberries, and gravy on a bun.
Sweet potato casserole is great, so is green bean casserole. Pumpkin pie is
good, but pecan pie is even better.
Plenty of turkey sandwiches for the next couple days. You need gravy or mayo, because leftover white meat turkey can be awfully dry.But it's all good.
Pass the cranberry stuffing. Yum!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The desserts usually fall on me to make every year, and I do remember one year attempting to make a homemade pecan pie . . . I don't know what I did wrong, but it turned out more like a pecan cobbler instead. :smirk:

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
The desserts usually fall on me to make every year, and I do remember one year attempting to make a homemade pecan pie . . . I don't know what I did wrong, but it turned out more like a pecan cobbler instead. :smirk:
I give you points for trying. There are so many variations on pecan pie. The basic filling is just butter, eggs,milk, and sugar (or corn syrup). These ingredients you need, but you can also add molasses, chocolate, or coconut.
You'd appreciate this. In Canada, a big dessert is butter tarts. Basically a pecan pie without the pecans on top. And it's as Canadian as apple pie signifies America. I love apple pie as much as the next guy, but I think the Canadians got the better deal.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
To be honest I’m not even looking forward to thanksgiving this year. 🤷🏿‍♂️