The Official Top 10 Anything...

Drtooth

Reaction score
4. John Burns (Taxi)
I'm glad they got rid of that character early on. Any episode about him was just awful and this is one of my top sitcoms. He was essentially doing a poor man's Howard from The Bob Newhart Show.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Top ten underrated Weird Al Yankovic songs (I wanted to call the list "top ten Weird Al songs nobody has heard of", but I guess either title serves a similar purpose):
10. Such a Groovy Guy
9. That Boy Could Dance
8. Syndicated, Inc.
7. Stop Dragging My Car Around
6. Don't Wear Those Shoes
5. Cable TV
4. Toothless People
3. I Remember Larry
2. The Check's in the Mail
1. Airline Amy

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Top ten times "Two and a Half Men" jumped the shark:
10. when the show continued after Charlie Sheen got fired (even though I like the Ashton Kutcher episodes a little better)
9. when Rose apparently got away with killing Charlie (but Rose is so cute I'll let that slide)
8. when Alan went from a pathetic nice guy to stooping to Charlie's levels (while still being pathetic)
7. the recent episodes where Alan used an alternate name in order to get to know his ex girlfriend's current boyfriend (one thing that I like about these episodes is that, from last I saw, the guy still doesn't know the truth about Alan, but Alan is just too much of a butt monkey in these episodes otherwise)
6. when Jake joined the Army
5. any time Charlie was involved in a serious romantic relationship (even though many of those ladies were hot)
4. the fact that Charlie hired an ugly (in both looks and personality) house keeper (wouldn't Charlie rather have a hot young housekeeper?)
3. when Alan became flanderized as a pathetic character
2. the first two and a half minutes
1. when it was discovered that Charlie had an out-of-wedlock daughter he never met

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Top ten least favorite Peanuts specials:
10. It's the Pied Piper, Charlie Brown
9. You're a Good Sport, Charlie Brown
8. Charlie Brown's Christmas Tales
7. Life's a Circus, Charlie Brown
6. I Want a Dog for Christmas, Charlie Brown
5. She's a Good Skate, Charlie Brown
4. Snoopy's Reunion
3. It's Flashbeagle, Charlie Brown (I haven't seen this special in years, and last time I saw it I wasn't as big a fan of '80s music as I am now, but I recently saw the review at TV Trash and thought some of the songs sounded great)
2. It's Spring Training, Charlie Brown
1. What a Nightmare, Charlie Brown

I must point out that I have not seen It's the Girl in the Red Truck, Charlie Brown, The Big Stuffed Dog, It Was My Best Birthday Ever, Charlie Brown, You're in the Superbowl, Charlie Brown, or Happiness is a Warm Blanket, Charlie Brown, and I honestly can't remember if I've seen A Charlie Brown Valentines or Lucy Must Be Traded, Charlie Brown.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
Top 10 Disney Villains(only animated and in the majority of their movies....that means no Chernabog[Fantasia] Judge Doom [Who Framed Roger Rabbit] or anybody else...Chernabog is not listed because he's only in his movie for a few minutes. Is he a good villain? Yes indeed....but I only want characters that directly come across the protaganist and without whom the conflict can't exisit)
10. Dr. Facilier:frown:Princess and the Frog)He's very charasmatic, and leaves plenty of mystery as to who he is. He's tied with Ursula for villains I would most want a backstory for. He's a typical showman with a bit of evil to mix it in.
9. Cruella De Vil (101 Dalmatians):Cruella certainly lives up to her name. She's willing to kill puppies for fashion. She stoops to the level of betraying an old friend, and that only adds insult to injury. If she doesn't get what she wants, she's not above turning in her henchmen to the police. There's no bit of human kindness here....and who wouldn't be afraid if you were in a car and she were driving right behind you?
8.Ratigan(The Great Mouse Detective)Ratigan is a snob, and seems very polite however it's very easy to get him ticked off, and turn him into his monsterous self. Simply mention his being a rat, and his followers are fed to his cat. Ratigan never would just shoot his enemies. He thinks of very elaborate schemes that would take a while to actually work, but they give his victims plenty of time to fear.
7.Lady Tremaine(Cinderella): The sterotypical evil stepmother is not as nefarious as the others on this list, but she delights in what all villains do. Mental abuse. She constantly forces Cinderella to do housework, but far worse she keeps pretending to be nice and wanting her to have her hopes up. Then she shows her true colors, and Cinderella is left more miserable than before. That's what your typical bully would do, but somehow she makes it so dark it's worse than thefts and other evil actions.
6.Jafar(Aladdin)Jafar is basically a male Maleficent. However he uses hypnotism that would have helped Maleficent in her plot had she choosen to use it to his full advantage. He might be a bit impulsive, and rush into power without realizing the consequences(which is why he is lower than he is), but he manages to never attempt to kill a character himself and still be a total terror which makes him a great villain.
5.Hades(Hercules)Hades is another mix of comedy and evil. He's interesting as he has a bit of a con artist or you'd expect him to take you aside and ask you if you want to buy a watch. However suave Hades might seem, he's just as bad as Scar when it comes to family loyalty. Heis willing to kill his nephew and imprision his other relatives forever. IN Greek myths, there was a heaven equivalent knowns as Elysium. However the entire underworld in Hercules is a terror, and Hades is to blaime. He's one of the few villains other to actually manipulate a hero (Meg)to do his bidding, and his treatment of her and his henchmen make you hate him just more, even if he's hilarious at the same time.
4.Scar (The Lion King)Scar is one of the most evil villains as the loyalty of family means absolutely nothing to him. He kills his own brother for power, and blames his innocent nephew for it. He even betrays his minions by telling Simba they are the real enemies. Nobody can fully trust him, because he cares for nobody, and he lies more than a rug...and yes that joke was based on Zazu's throwrug comment.
3. Urusla(The LIttle Mermaid): Ursula is the reason I like this movie better than Beauty and the Beast. The only thing missing from that movie was a good villain. (Yes I hate Gaston....let's just not mention it any more) She gives people their hearts' desires, but puts in a loophole, so it's impossible for their dreams to come true. She has a great villain song, fantastic minions, and a terrifying death scene. She is the villain that best balances scary and funny. The Little Mermaid owes a great deal of what is thanks to her.
2.Maleficent (Sleeping Beauty): She is the mistress of all evil....and curses a baby to death. Why? She wasn't invited to a party. She is all powerful, and only if you have a good weapon and magic can she be defeated. Her spells are so powerful they can only be made milder, never reveresed. A great villain with a great voice talent and plenty of scariness.
1.Frollo(Hunchback of Notre Dame):He kicks a woman in the head causing her to fall onto hard steps and die. He almost drowns her son. He has a powerful lust for Esmerelda and is willingly to burn down the city to find her and will kill her if she doesn't stay with him. However the main reason he's so high other than his cruelty is this, he considers himself to be a GOOD person. He's killed people, but believes himself to be righteous and all those who oppose him as evil

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Top ten books about movies or television:
10. Leonard Maltin's Movie and Video Guide
9. What Were They Thinking?: The 100 Dumbest TV Moments
8. Cult TV
7. Roger Ebert's Movie Yearbook 1999
6. Video Hound's Golden Retriever Movie Guide
5. TV Land to Go
4. Video Movie Guide
3. Total Television
2. The Hollywood Reporter Book of Box Office Hits
1. Nick at Nite Classic TV Companion

Leonard Maltin's Movie and Video Guide, Video Hound's Golden Retriever Movie Guide, and Video Movie Guide are all books that get (or got) updated each year. I have multiple Leonard Maltin books, and have seen multiple copies of the Golden Retriever and the simply-titled Video Movie Guide in addition to the ones I own (my grandparents had copies years before I had any of those, and it was my reading of their books that led to me getting the latest Video Movie Guide for Christmas in 1995). Total Television had at least five different editions, though it wasn't updated every year (I think the one I have, from 1996, is the last edition). The Hollywood Reporter Book of Box Office Hits is another book that was updated but not every year, as far as I know it was only updated once (my copy is the 1996 update).

Additionally, some of the things that are higher or lower on the list comes from when I got them and how I felt at the time. I got the Video Movie Guide in 1995, a year before my household got the internet, so it was a big deal. And even after getting the internet, for a few years it was always exciting whenever I got a guide book for movies or television. I first got copies of Leonard Maltin's guide as well as a Golden Retriever book long after we had gotten the internet, when it started to eb easier to find info on anything (yeah, there was actually a time when it wasn't always easy to find out what I wanted to know by using the internet). Also, I prefer the Video Movie Guide over Leonard Maltin's guide because the Video Movie Guide includes more than just movies - video releases of TV shows, specials, animated shorts, made-for-video stuff, and so on, while the Leonard Maltin books that I've seen seem to only include movies (in fact, my grandparent's 1992 edition of Golden Retriever is preferable to my copy from 2006 for the same reason. But I guess as there are more and more movies every year they had to make space by dumping non-movies that had been on video).

Some of the other books in the 10-6 places have other reasons for being there. I really like "What Were They Thinking", but feel like the author is too opinionated on entries I don't agree with, and I haven't looked at "Cult TV" since 2002 - my high school had a copy in its library, but I haven't been able to find a copy anywhere else.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Completely off-topic, but I let my uncle borrow my copy of Total Television in 2005 and he still hasn't given it back to me. I obviously haven't let him borrow anything since.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
Top 10 Get Stuck in Your Head Disney Songs

10.Colors of the Wind (Pocahontas)
9.Under The Sea(The Little Mermaid)
8.Be Our Guest(Beauty and the Beast)
7.Hakuna Matata(The Lion King)
6.Heigh Ho(Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs)
5.Mother Knows Best(Tangled)
4.In Summer (Frozen)
3. Part of Your World (TheLittle Mermaid)
2.ANY song from Mary Poppins
1.Let it Go(Frozen)

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Top 10 Get Stuck in Your Head Disney Songs

10.Colors of the Wind (Pocahontas)
9.Under The Sea(The Little Mermaid)
8.Be Our Guest(Beauty and the Beast)
7.Hakuna Matata(The Lion King)
6.Heigh Ho(Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs)
5.Mother Knows Best(Tangled)
4.In Summer (Frozen)
3. Part of Your World (TheLittle Mermaid)
2.ANY song from Mary Poppins
1.Let it Go(Frozen)

This past day I've had "Goodbye So Long" from The Great Mouse Detective stuck in my head.