• Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help.
  • "Muppets Now" premieres on Disney+
    The Muppets fifth series of all time debuted on Disney+. Make plans to watch one of the most anticipated shows of the year. New episodes premiere every Friday through September 4.
  • 50 Years and Counting
    Read our review and discuss with fans the highly anticipated Sesame Street "50 Years and Counting" DVD set from Shout Factory featuring over five hours of beloved moments.
  • 50 Years and Still Sunny!
    Read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the all-new Sesame Street documentary "50 Years and Still Sunny!" hosted by Gloria Estefan.
  • The Dark Crystal: "Age of Resistance"
    After a 36 year wait, return to the great conjunction. The Dark Crystal "Age of Resistance" is a mesmerizing and beautiful prequel series now on Netflix. Renew your essence today.
  • Music is Everywhere
    Muppet Central Radio is now on TorontoCast, TuneIn, Apple, Amazon and Google. Listen to Muppet music 24/7 wherever you go with TuneIn and Apple apps and devices.

The Official "I'm looking for/trying to remember a sketch" thread

crackmaster

Reaction score
From a WebArchived copy of the Sesame Street Nightmare Fuel page...
"Let's see, a fun segment about learning to bake? Brilliant! While the yeast rises, let's indicate passage of time by playing slowed down monster growls that sound like Godzilla's mating call! That won't give anybody nightmares!"

Ever since I read that when I was 9, I've kinda wanted to see it... hopefully it won't freak me out. I mean, the Crack Master ended up not being scary. So maybe they've blown it way out of proportion.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
From a WebArchived copy of the Sesame Street Nightmare Fuel page...
"Let's see, a fun segment about learning to bake? Brilliant! While the yeast rises, let's indicate passage of time by playing slowed down monster growls that sound like Godzilla's mating call! That won't give anybody nightmares!"

Ever since I read that when I was 9, I've kinda wanted to see it... hopefully it won't freak me out. I mean, the Crack Master ended up not being scary. So maybe they've blown it way out of proportion.
I would love to see that too.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
The whole idea of bread roaring like a monster reminds me of a recent Bob's Burgers episode. They parodied the movie Predator and made it Breadator lol.

crackmaster

Reaction score
From episode 3396, the segment where a talking bowl tells a kid how he became a bowl. This segment comes right after Bill the Bat in its first appearance, and according to the Muppet Wiki, it only aired five times (that's six less than "Cracks" and seven less than Bill the Bat.) I looked up "Sesame Street talking bowl" on YouTube and got nothing. The reason I want to see it is because from the description, it reminds me of a series called Interface created by an animator on YouTube named Umami. One of his shorts featuring the main character, Mischief, aired on Adult Swim, and it was one where Mischief was a bowling ball and said "I'm a magic bowling ball, and I'll grant you one strike." So I just take away half the sentence and wind up with "I'm a magic bowl" and I think it applies to this segment perfectly. Here's the short it reminds me of.