The Official "I'm looking for/trying to remember a sketch" thread

crackmaster

Reaction score
From a WebArchived copy of the Sesame Street Nightmare Fuel page...
"Let's see, a fun segment about learning to bake? Brilliant! While the yeast rises, let's indicate passage of time by playing slowed down monster growls that sound like Godzilla's mating call! That won't give anybody nightmares!"

Ever since I read that when I was 9, I've kinda wanted to see it... hopefully it won't freak me out. I mean, the Crack Master ended up not being scary. So maybe they've blown it way out of proportion.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
From a WebArchived copy of the Sesame Street Nightmare Fuel page...
"Let's see, a fun segment about learning to bake? Brilliant! While the yeast rises, let's indicate passage of time by playing slowed down monster growls that sound like Godzilla's mating call! That won't give anybody nightmares!"

Ever since I read that when I was 9, I've kinda wanted to see it... hopefully it won't freak me out. I mean, the Crack Master ended up not being scary. So maybe they've blown it way out of proportion.
I would love to see that too.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
The whole idea of bread roaring like a monster reminds me of a recent Bob's Burgers episode. They parodied the movie Predator and made it Breadator lol.

crackmaster

Reaction score
From episode 3396, the segment where a talking bowl tells a kid how he became a bowl. This segment comes right after Bill the Bat in its first appearance, and according to the Muppet Wiki, it only aired five times (that's six less than "Cracks" and seven less than Bill the Bat.) I looked up "Sesame Street talking bowl" on YouTube and got nothing. The reason I want to see it is because from the description, it reminds me of a series called Interface created by an animator on YouTube named Umami. One of his shorts featuring the main character, Mischief, aired on Adult Swim, and it was one where Mischief was a bowling ball and said "I'm a magic bowling ball, and I'll grant you one strike." So I just take away half the sentence and wind up with "I'm a magic bowl" and I think it applies to this segment perfectly. Here's the short it reminds me of.

SesameMike

Reaction score
Who remembers, from the early-70s, a stop-motion sequence of a model apartment house being built?

Narrated by an unseen man and boy, the first thing that was done was to remove all the trees "and then make a biiiiiig hole". Each construction activity on the model was described by the man, then interspersed with real-life footage of said process, such putting in walls or pouring concrete. The result was a 3-story suburban apartment building.

The sequence had a break in the middle, in order to allow the fresh cement to dry. A catchy musical soundtrack on a keyboard synthesizer of some sort ran through the whole sequence, which included a bridge that was heard twice. I distinctly remember the second time was while they were plastering over the drywall gaps "...to make them nice and smooth."

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
I think I may remember that segment. Was the finished house a bit of a dark green in color?

ISNorden

Reaction score
Hi Robert K, welcome to Muppet Central. The reason you're not having any luck in finding what you're searching for is because those are from other sources that aren't Sesame/Muppet related segments.

The one with the "6 times 7 is 42" line could be from either the animated segment accompanying either the song "I've Got Six" or "Lucky Seven Sampson" from Multiplication Rock....As for the song stating that Harrisburg is the capital of Pennsylvania, you might be thinking of the song sung by Whacko Warner listing all the capitals of all the states of the United States from the show Animaniacs.
Actually, a Bob Arbogast cartoon about the letter T included the "turtles with brains" reciting those math/geography facts. So yes, Robert, you were correct when you brought up that odd Sesame Street memory.

Last edited:

Sparkina

Reaction score
I didn't know that there were two Rapunzel Newsflashes. It makes you wonder just how many Muppet sketches from the 70's and 80's we're unaware of
I think — I don’t know but I think it’s possible that they made a second Rapunzel news flash skit because in the first one, the Prince came across as too abusive, even telling Rapunzel to “shut up”

WazzupMyBoyz

Reaction score
There was a sketch I came across about one to two years ago. This sketch, originally broadcast on episode 4157 of Sesame Street, showcased Luis, Miles and Elmo playing with spoons, or in Spanish, cucharas. I looked for this sketch on YouTube and on the Internet Archive, but the segment did not appear from there.

If anyone has this segment, please reply to this comment.