The Official "I'm looking for/trying to remember a sketch" thread

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
But curiosity has killed the cat and I still want to know what the heck that person could possibly be talking about. Besides, I'm an 19-year-old man. For me, having nightmares about Claymation ponies is something of the past. Right? :stick_out_tongue:
If 19 years old is a man then i'm doing it wrong. :stick_out_tongue:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I feel like I probably dreamed this, but uhhh.....

Was there a skit in the 90's that had Elmo singing a song in front of a grey background with a guy that had that grainy effect like some 90's skits did ("That's the Letter O", "Two Princes", etc).

Muzzarino

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there are episodes that has the full version of We're All Monsters aside from the german co-production where you can see Harvey wondering around at the beginning and see the full ending where the monsters stay closest to the camera longer, but with english audio?

For another song in mind, what are some episodes that use the 2000's reprints of Eight Balls of Fur which have more sound effects added before the variant was included on What's the Name of that Song?

The third one, is there a full-version of "Frazzle" that has ripped paper around the circles where we can see it zoom out and disappear near the end like in the original version without the ghost zooming in, full audio, and cuts to black instead of fading out at the end on the unknown, unaired or undocumented episodes besides Elmo Says BOO!? The one that's on the official Sesame Street channel is incomplete as it was supposed to zoom out and disappear from the background completely like the original copy and I don't know if they'll be willing to fix the ending part so it will continue to play as normal.

Last edited:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Dude, lay off with the Frazzle song having the ripped lines. You are WAY too obsessed with it. :rolleyes:

Also, you know that was only exclusively for Elmo Says Boo, right? That was never actually on TV.

Muzzarino

Reaction score
Dude, lay off with the Frazzle song having the ripped lines. You are WAY too obsessed with it. :rolleyes:

Also, you know that was only exclusively for Elmo Says Boo, right? That was never actually on TV.
I was just asking because we're doing research on the music video including this one. Didn't mean to obsess about it, but I was just wondering and know where it can be found in before anyone can expect it.

As with non-english versions of the song, I think the only appearance of the foreign dub for the song appears on the laserdisc of Monster Hits! released exclusively on Japan.

Last edited:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Okay, so this is one thing I've pondered on for a long time.

I see numerous YouTube comments about "Wet Paint" by How Now Brown having an alternate ending of the screen splitting in half, the other showing his feet. Now, before people start lecturing me about YouTube comments blah blah blah, while I know not to trust those, it makes me wonder because it seems like others have seen this assumed version too.

Then someone else once said there was a completely new version made in the late 90's apparently after Jon Stone died, and the puppet actually had horns growing out of his head instead of wearing a viking helmet, the paint simply oozes down the wall like blood instead of splashes, the floor shows paint hitting the ground as How Now dances and it ends pretty much similarly to the one we know with paint covering the lens.

To be honest, years later, some of this sounds silly but the paint oozing down the background sounded pretty familiar and I remembered being even messier. :search:

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
Hi guys; your official lost media correspondent here, relaying a post:

Ok so this is something that has haunted me throughout my entire childhood. I have no idea if this is real or not or if I just hallucinated this but that’s why I’m here to see if I’m not the only one who remembers this. I need your help because Google won’t help me.

I must have been very very small when I encountered this, probably younger than 6 but my memory of it is still very vivid. I was watching an episode of Sesame Street (I have no idea what season or what happened in the rest of the episode beside this) and there was this live action segment of it in which this girl who looked about 12 years old who had tan skin and long, curly brown hair was standing in this brightly lit hallway that had an orangish glow to it. She was looking at Oscar the Grouch’s trash can which had 4 wheels on the bottom of it and started rolling away from her. The camera cuts to one side of the trash can which had a small hole in it. Wedged in that hole was a plastic eyeball, which suddenly fell out and rolled on the floor. The girl picked it up and placed it back in the hole. She then got closer to the trash can, took both hands at the sides of the lid and lifted it up and looked inside the trash can. Then a green fuzzy arm suddenly raised out of the can and grabbed the girl’s left arm. She was still holding the lid and started losing her balance because the arm was pulling her. She then looked at the camera with an expression of fear and surprise as she repeated “woah, woah” a few times. He then pulled her completely into the trash can and closed the lid himself where I presumed he ate her.

THIS ******* TRAUMATIZED ME SO BAD. I became terrified of Oscar the Grouch for so long after that. I had nightmares that he would come to my house and eat me. And it’s such a shame because now I’ve gotten over my fear of Oscar and grown to love for the funny character he truly is. But if this was a real Sesame Street episode then what the actual ****? Why would they do this to Oscar? Why would they make an episode like this that is nothing but nightmare fuel? Please tell me I’m not the only one who’s experienced this. If anyone can help me find this or has any similar memories of this, please share.
Sounds like a fever dream to me, but I was also quick to point out they aired stuff like mutant rabbits chasing kids for no reason.

BertsNose

Reaction score

I already found the clip but I don't know when it aired. The story of how I discovered this segment actually comes from a personal home movie and not from a VHS recording. I used to have episodes recorded from PBS but I don't anymore. Now for a rather long story. My parents used to film me at various stages of my life. You know for posterity and sometimes I like to look back at them. I guess I was about 2 years old and this was filmed in 1994, so I imagine it must've been a rerun of Sesame Street I saw.

At first I was listening to Michael Jackson's Thriller on a Cassette tape which I used to do a lot back then. Suddenly my mom asks me if I want to see if Barney is on. Believe it or not I knew how to work the remotes in my house at that age, so I turned on the TV in the middle of the Fixin My Hair segment. I had no recollection of seeing this until I saw it on the original tape used for filming. My dad used to take some of these tapes that were meant to be played in an adapter (which I still have) and put them on a VHS, so I guess some stuff got edited out.

Upon turning on the television and seeing this segment, my mom says to me "You missed Barney. This is Sesame Street.", then a split second later Bert comes on after "Fixin My Hair" ends. I have no idea what the Bert segment was so I can't really describe it. I guess I decided I wanted to listen to Thriller some more or something because my mom on that tape can be heard saying, "Oh! You turned off Bert!" lol. If anyone remembers "Fixin My Hair" and possibly the Bert segment that came after in this particular episode, I would love to know.

I also have another home movie related memory of Sesame Street. I was either 4 or 5 in 1996 and I caught a bit of a sketch where Cookie Monster was arguing with somebody over who gets the cookie, cause I guess there was only one. That's all I really remember.

Last edited: