The Nostalgia Critic Thread Lives Again!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I would imagine he's got some clout, considering how long he's been connected with them; not to mention he seems to be their figure head, so-to-speak (well, moreso as Nostalgia Critic, but I notice a majority of content on CA is his, not to mention he speaks out on their issues, like the Fair Use issue and such).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
And I thought it was weird that Doug would do commentary videos on Nostalgia Critic, which is essentially reviewing his own stuff . . . but now, he's actually reviewing his own stuff:

To be fair, apparently this review is intentionally meant to be meta, but still, I don't even know what my reaction to this is, other than the Critic is essentially reviewing the moment when he jumped the shark.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
He's done a number of those types of things for the "Best Of" DVDs. They had Bum Reviews of each of the anniversary movies (or most of them), and did NC reviews of them as he was stuck in the Plot Hole.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I watched the Grinch review for the first time, and I have to say that for Doug and Rob to write an entire review completely in rhyme is actually pretty impressive. Not to mention Doug's alleged godawful Boris Karloff impression is quite good.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I find I can stomach these editorial episodes because he stays focused on the subject he's talking about as opposed to the unnecessary cavalcade of sketches done by additional castmembers.

And this week's editorial is one I think we can all agree has been a subject we've discussed in great detail on here before:

And holy crap! After all these years, he finally changed the credits font!

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I find I can stomach these editorial episodes because he stays focused on the subject he's talking about as opposed to the unnecessary cavalcade of sketches done by additional castmembers.

And this week's editorial is one I think we can all agree has been a subject we've discussed in great detail on here before:

And holy crap! After all these years, he finally changed the credits font!
The video should be why remakes should not happen.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Holy crap, has it been ten years already?

Guess that means Nostalgia Critic has only been good for half of those ten years. :stick_out_tongue:

But in all seriousness, it's kind of hard to believe it's been ten years already, I still remember my first exposure to NC: summer of 2008 on a Chipmunk forum, somebody linked his review of the CARTOON ALL-STARS TO THE RESCUE special because of his meltdown over Simon knowing what marijuana is. I slowly began watching more and more NC overtime since then, but I don't believe I actually became an actual fan until a year or two later when I watched more and more episodes.

I admire Doug for being able to do this kind of thing as a living, but like Oscarfan mentioned previously, I usually watch episodes where he reviews movies or shows I've actually seen.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not into the whole "sketch" thing they do now.

Honestly, I would much rather hear him just vlog about things, without the persona or character or anything. Also, I miss Bum Reviews.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
That's pretty much why when it comes to newer episodes, I pretty much just stick with the editorials he does whenever he discusses something like the rating system, or more recently when remakes shouldn't be made. And, ah, Bum Reviews, how I remember thee. . . .

mr3urious

Reaction score
I really don't like how he's reviewing movies that are already in theaters, which means we have to put up with his stupid, unfunny sketch crew for the whole episode as he can't use footage from the movies. If it were just a one-off with the one that started it all, Jurassic World, I would have tolerated it. But he had to violate his little "I will only review movies that are out on DVD" policy multiple times, so that's what makes me peeved. And he even did this for Suicide Squad, which was already out on DVD already! :grr: