The Nostalgia Critic Thread Lives Again!

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Plus, I highly disagree with Monsters University being terrible, if only for the strong message it gives.
MU certainly isn't bad, I just think people loved the first film so much that they let they're expectations get too high. Yes, Pixar has made some amazing movies, but we can't expect a masterpiece from them every single time, we can generally expect a good movie, but not Toy Story levels of quality every time. And while I do think there's a lot more creative and interesting things they could've done with the movie, overall it was a solid flick.
Motion Capture takes a lot of time to refine and get all the jitters out. I think one of the
better uses was probably Monster House.
Wow, I guess that was pretty good, I didn't even know that was motion capture, granted I haven't actually seen the movie in like six years so...

That brings me to another thing I've been saying for years too: what's the point of motion caption? I mean, it seems to me that if you need to hire live people to act out the movements of the characters and have the animation laid over them, it seems to me it'd make more sense to just do the movie live action instead.

I can understand utilizing video references for certain movements, but the entire motion capture process seems unnecessary.
That's one of the things I didn't understand about "Polar Express", I enjoyed it but I think it would've been a lot better if it had been live-action, at least provided they had good special affects.

So, NC just put out an editorial about the Disney sequels we want. The only one I agree with is Fantasia, if only because Disney intended for it to get an annual re-release with a couple of new segments replacing the old ones, but World War II put a stop to that idea. And even though it's impossible to give Who Framed Roger Rabbit a sequel with Bob Hoskins being dead and all, it would be nice to see a straight adaptation of the book's sequel that followed the movie far closer.
Zootopia would be interesting as well, maybe focusing on Dawn Bellwether's post-prison exploits and having us follow her on her road to redemption. I feel like this cuddly little zealot deserved some more backstory on why she became so prejudiced towards predators, too.
https://vid.me/Bz7r
I would love to see a Zootopia sequel at some point, but maybe a spinoff film about some other part of that universe. It would be a shame to waste all that story potential. And, he also said something about a "Robin Hood" sequel, and while it's one of my favorite Disney movies, I wouldn't necessarily want that to happen. Howevever, I am sort of curious to see what the characters would look like in the Zootopia art style. As for the "Inside Out" sequel, i'm sure that'll probably happen within the next decade or so.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I've been a fan of Chris Stuckman for almost a year now. A few months ago when I found out he was part of Channel Awesome, I was like, nope you're not an official part of CA until you've done a crossover video with at least one of the other CA reviewers. Well, finally, he's done a review with Doug Walker! And guess what else- Chris is going to appear in a Nostalgia Critic review soon. I'm really looking forward to it:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So NC just did a review of BALTO . . . once again, kinda wish this was back when the show was still good.

I've been noticing recently during the end titles, there's always a credit or two for a Barney Walker (usually under props or wardobe). What relation is he to Doug and Rob?

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
So NC just did a review of BALTO . . . once again, kinda wish this was back when the show was still good.

I've been noticing recently during the end titles, there's always a credit or two for a Barney Walker (usually under props or wardobe). What relation is he to Doug and Rob?
That would be their father. You can see him in some of the behind the scenes videos. He looks just like an older version of Rob.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Now I'm sorry I asked. My mom is always trying to shoehorn herself into whatever project or production I'm working on. ><

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Now I'm sorry I asked. My mom is always trying to shoehorn herself into whatever project or production I'm working on.
><
Nah, they all seem to really enjoy working with each other. I think it's really sweet.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Nah, I mean if you know how Lucy is always trying to con her way into Ricky's shows - that's what my mom is like.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Did Doug and his wife have a baby? I saw reaction on Facebook to Rob talking about having a niece.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I notice Channel Awesome is getting some bad press lately from people who apparently were fired by them. Not sure what's going on, but I see some of these people are complaining about Doug and his staff's unprofessionalism (which Doug himself admitted how unprofessional he is), but others have also complained that apparently one of the requirements to be part of Channel Awesome is to regular produce content at all times - which I guess can be frustrating if you're in a slump or a lull or a dry spell.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Does Doug have any input in the company though? He may be just a content creator. I thought they collaborated with CA to start getting their content in a better place.