The new What Made You Smile Today thread

mariolover

Reaction score
I am moving into my apartment for college on August 28th! That is soon! I've been waiting all summer for college to start back up so I can see all my college friends and go back to being busy because I'm getting bored of Summer!

I'll get to see my wonderful friends, play Euchre with my one friend who I didn't get to last year, go to clubs, and all that jazz!

I've been doing Zoom calls twice a week with my college class to chat with them! It's nice!

I wonder if this year my college will be doing chapel online instead of in person.

They are requiring all students to wear masks, which is a pain in the butt! I hate wearing masks! Whenever I wear one, I only do it because I have to. But at least I get to go back!

I will join running club, the pro life club, students against sexual violence, Bible Study, and I'm thinking about trying water polo this year for something new. So most of the clubs are clubs I was in last year, except for water polo.

At chapel every Sunday at 8 pm, our college does LOFT, which stands for Living Our Faith Together, where they give a sermon and then dismiss us for hot chocolate, cookies, and hot cider downstairs and the pastor gives hugs. I hope that still happens this year because I loved it.

Last edited:

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I am moving into my apartment for college on August 28th! That is soon! I've been waiting all summer for college to start back up so I can see all my college friends and go back to being busy because I'm getting bored of Summer!

I'll get to see my wonderful friends, play Euchre with my one friend who I didn't get to last year, go to clubs, and all that jazz!

I've been doing Zoom calls twice a week with my college class to chat with them! It's nice!

I wonder if this year my college will be doing chapel online instead of in person.

They are requiring all students to wear masks, which is a pain in the butt! I hate wearing masks! Whenever I wear one, I only do it because I have to. But at least I get to go back!

I will join running club, the pro life club, students against sexual violence, Bible Study, and I'm thinking about trying water polo this year for something new. So most of the clubs are clubs I was in last year, except for water polo.

At chapel every Sunday at 8 pm, our college does LOFT, which stands for Living Our Faith Together, where they give a sermon and then dismiss us for hot chocolate, cookies, and hot cider downstairs and the pastor gives hugs. I hope that still happens this year because I loved it.
Good luck!

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Today was the perfect day for Rita’s. If you’re not familiar with them, they’re an ice cream stand that sells Italian ice and frozen custard. Mixed together.
Fantastic flavors. And on the first day of spring (March 21) they give out free ices.
My fave so far, key lime ice with cotton candy custard. Beats the heat.🍦😁

CoolGuy1013

Reaction score
Lucky. My mom won’t let us get cold food until this whole thing ends.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Rita’s delivers through DoorDash. If you go to their stand, there’s no room inside so people eat in their car or take it home.

Mary Louise

Reaction score
Two things made me smile recently. One: an old friend of mine invited me to her birthday party next month. Instead of just calling it off on account of COVID, she's having it on Zoom!

Two: A couple of weeks ago, I mentioned having bought a plush Boober on eBay. Just before that, I had also bought a plush Mokey on eBay—both from 1983, by Tomy. Last night, I could not sleep, so I got up and fetched Mokey and Boober. Not only did they help me fall asleep, but I had a great dream. It was about Fraggles trying to help some sort of burrowing creatures get their homes back. :dreamy:

Last edited:

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I still have a few plush Fraggle as well. Over the years I picked up Gobo, Red, and Sprocket. All of them look great. Sadly, I’ve seen a number of Mokey dolls, and they are...truth be told...UGLY!!! Breaks my heart they never got her right. The eyes look awful.
FAO Schwarz in New York used to have a little Muppet section. Stocked with Fraggles, Sesame characters, and if you had enough money, you could get a life-size Oscar in a metal garbage can, the lid lifts up and Oscar peeks out. If you had three hundred dollars burning a hole in your pocket.

Mary Louise

Reaction score
This Mokey's eyes actually don't look that bad—at least, not when viewed from the side. It's the front view of her eyes that bothers me. Why can't her eyes look more like the ones of the Mokey in this picture?