The new What Made You Smile Today thread

Any Del

Reaction score
Usually when you have a restaurant that specializes in something particular, the rest of their stuff that isn't that something particular tends to be sub-par. Like Burger King's chicken sandwiches are nothing to write home about.
Their chicken sandwiches make me nauseous.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I remember several years ago McDonald's had what they were calling their new "southern style" chicken sandwich.

It was literally a Chick-fil-a sandwich, just on their own tasteless/flavorless buns, instead of Chick-fil-a's signature peanut oil-infused buns.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Usually when you have a restaurant that specializes in something particular, the rest of their stuff that isn't that something particular tends to be sub-par. Like Burger King's chicken sandwiches are nothing to write home about.
I worked at Burger King way back when I was 16. Their original chicken sandwich was good. Chicken, lettuce, mayo. Pretty hard to screw up. Somehow they did.
In the last few years BK got crushed because there's a million burger joints around here. Even McDonald's is getting smoked.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I find that BK's original chicken sandwich and the McChicken are pretty interchangable . . . I mean, to my tastebuds anyway, they taste exactly the same, except that one is long (almost like a hoagie), and the other is round.

But, I notice other fast food joints are starting to copy Arby's now: Chick-fil-a just came out with their version of their smokehouse brisket (which is a pretty good sandwich, but danged do you have to be dying of starvation to kill off one of those things), and now Hardee's is pushing their version of the classic roast beef sandwich that Arby's is famous for. I mean, it's pretty blatant.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I find that BK's original chicken sandwich and the McChicken are pretty interchangable . . . I mean, to my tastebuds anyway, they taste exactly the same, except that one is long (almost like a hoagie), and the other is round.

But, I notice other fast food joints are starting to copy Arby's now: Chick-fil-a just came out with their version of their smokehouse brisket (which is a pretty good sandwich, but danged do you have to be dying of starvation to kill off one of those things), and now Hardee's is pushing their version of the classic roast beef sandwich that Arby's is famous for. I mean, it's pretty blatant.
Arby's beef and cheddar. One of the best creations ever.

Arby's beef and cheddar. One of the best creations ever.
But yes, now burger joints are doing chicken, chicken places doing roast beef, at least KFC is sticking with chicken.
Oddly enough, when I was little the only place that had KFC was a burger joint called Gino's.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
"Cluck U Chicken"? What the serious cluck?!
I kid you not. Click U was started by a couple students from Rutgers, and in ten years have 20 stores now. Huge in college towns. Home of some of the hottest wings on earth.
You can get a burger there, but why??!!

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I was at the grocery store and the cashier starting quoting The Count. She also complimented me on a Labyrinth shirt I was wearing, saying it's her all time favorite movie and that her real name isn't Sarah but pretty much everyone calls her that because of Jennifer Connelly's character in Labyrinth.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I was at the grocery store and the cashier starting quoting The Count. She also complimented me on a Labyrinth shirt I was wearing, saying it's her all time favorite movie and that her real name isn't Sarah but pretty much everyone calls her that because of Jennifer Connelly's character in Labyrinth.
Sounds like you met a pretty big Henson fan! That almost never happens in person!