The new What Made You Smile Today thread

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Funny you mentioned it because I was actually watching that unicorn episode tonight. It was pretty hardcore, even by their standards. In my opinion, their creepiest and most disturbing skit is about a cat getting killed by the Grim Reaper in his sleep. I doubt you've seen it because it came along in the sixth season, but that one almost got me into borderline depression. It mostly bothered me because I wanted to watch a funny cartoon but ended up seeing something that seems like it could be a horror movie scene. Sometimes disturbing stuff in places you'd least expect it, is the worst kind. The gore never bothered me too bad......if anything the skits about poop and vomit disgust me worse than that. The one that really bothered me (and almost stopped me from ever watching it again) was about Jesus getting whipped or something like that (I'm pretty sure it was in the same episode where they had a Japanese caricature of Mr. Rogers). I was really young when I saw it and I'm pretty sure it was the first one I ever saw. But now that I've seen some of the better stuff, I know it's not all like that. Oh yeah, I also used to have a problem with the Neverending Story parody. I have absolutely no idea why it bugged me, but when I first saw it, for some inexplicit reason:it made me cry. Again, I can not tell you why that one was the least bit upsetting to me. Yeah, the Happy Tree Friends fanatic of this forum was upset by something that could've easily been in the real movie (minus the drug references of course). As Spock would say "That is quite illogical!". Actually, I've been able to watch some of the TV-14 ones in front of
I think I finally figured out what bothered me so much about the cat sketch. I was worried about what people would think of me when I tell them that I like stuff like that. At the time I first saw it, I had just recently started using Robot Chicken more frequently in my YouTube videos. To the point where it seemed like I was basically promoting it. I was afraid that someone would check it out just to see what I was referencing all the time and think I'm crazy if they happened to start off with an episode like that one. I then decided that considering I have a Happy Tree Friends avatar and have been constantly referencing Family Guy in my videos pretty much since day one that most of my subs probably enjoy that kind of stuff as well so there isn't much to worry about.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Went to see one of the elders of our church in the hospital.
He's going through dialysis, which, trust me folks, is not fun.
Basically, when your kidneys shut down, they need to stick a tube in you to help remove the toxins from your blood.
You can't pee, so this procedure takes place.

It means lying absolutely still for the better part of an hour.
But I was happy to stay with him through his ordeal.

After all the times I was lying in a hospital bed with tubes and wires coming out of me, it always felt good to have visitors.
today I got to return the favor.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Oh my gosh you will not believe what Robot Chicken had a parody of last night. It was.................wait for it, FUNNYBONES!
Yeah, I'm still pleasantly surprised that they referenced such an obscure thing. In addition to that last night's episode had clips about Darth Vader making puns, one of the kids from Saved By the Bell joining The Avengers, The Joker doing a make up tutorial, and Wile E. Coyote at an art museum. Trust me, all of those were freaking amazing. Plus, alongside all of the awesome skits I just mentioned they had a parody of Fight Club featuring this hilarious conversation:
Tyler Durden:The first rule of Fight Club is, you never talk about fight club! The second rule of Fight Club is, you NEVER talk about Fight Club! Got it!?
Club Member #1:Ummm, you do realize that you just repeated the same rule twice right!?
Tyler Durden:Yes, I did that so I could make it absolutely clear that you are NOT allowed to talk about Fight Club.
Club Member #2:Excuse me. What if when we have like tea parties and things like that, are we allowed to talk about it then?
Tyler Durden:Yes, as long as we are in Fight Club you can talk about Fight Club.
Club Member#2 *grabs his phone and calls his wife*:Yes, hello I'd like to tell you about this-
Tyler Durden:YOU IDIOT!? WE MAY BE IN FIGHT CLUB, BUT THE PERSON YOU JUST CALLED IS OUTSIDE OF FIGHT CLU-Never mind, screw this. I'm not real anyway!
So yeah, it was a great episode that made me night. On the other hand, they did have a skit about Jesus that I could've done without but they kept it so short (being only 5 seconds at the very least) that it didn't ruin the rest of the episode for me. But overall I definitely consider the most recent episode to be among my favorites in the show's long run so far.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
My friend Jordan (formerly my cousin Lauren's husband before they divorced a couple months ago; not really surprises to be honest) posted this as his Facebook status.

"Facebook.... More like complain about people with different opinions and political views than me book"

Could NOT have said it ANY better. This is why I rarely log on there anymore.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score

I have not heard this in FOREVER. I'm so happy to have found it on YouTube.

Though I won't lie when I say Sid's extended scream sound effect in this version scared me a little as a kid.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
My Twice Upon a Time DVD arrived at Wal-Mart today. :big_grin:

Looking forward to picking it up and watching it tonight....