The new What Made You Smile Today thread

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Does anyone remembers Oswald the octopus, Oobi and 64 Zoo Lane? They were one of my favorite shows on Noggin back in the day.
I freaking love Oswald! I'm someone who tends to have anxiety attacks and the show always helps calm me down whenever that happens. The combination of the nostalgic tone, adorable character designs, soothing voices, simplistic plots, and relaxing background music never fails to get me through stressful moments. Oddly enough, my two go-to things whenever I get too nervous are Oswald and certain Beatles songs (A Day In The Life for example).

I definitely remember watching Oobi as well. I haven't seen it in years but it's still something I have fond memories of, both of the actual show itself and all the many jokes my friends and I would make about the odd hand characters once we had gotten older and begun to realize how truly bizarre the premise of the entire series was. Middle finger jokes, gun pointing hand gesture jokes, how do they go to the bathroom jokes, you name it. The weird world Oobi and friends live in was a common target of lighthearted ridicule by my tween aged self.

I also vaguely recall 64 Zoo Lane. One of my best friends watched it but it never appealed to me for some reason. If I remember correctly, the characters looked somewhat cute but that's about all I know.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Oswald was a good comfort show. The animation, character designs and music always stuck out for me. Definitely want to relive it at some point.

OOBI just creeped me out as a kid. Like I always felt so uncomfortable watching it. 😐
Well, I'm sure there's a reason why Oobi later went on to an inspire one of the most horrifying creepypastas ever written! The creepypasta take on it had a name that I almost feel uncomfortable saying because it's another word for women's private parts, you know, the one that also can refer to a certain blue footed species of bird (put a "B" before Oobi, that's as far as I'll describe the title).

But anyway, in the story there was a scene where one of the hands was trying to open up a bottle of ketchup and another hand showed up to try to help him but something went wrong (I forget exactly what happened) that caused the main hand to snap and brutally stab the other one with a real knife afterwards. The story made it out like that wasn't even fake and a cop character later confirmed it was an actual snuff film and everything!

So yeah, I highly doubt you were the only one that was creeped out by Oobi lol.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
We are probably going to get a new cat next week! This is something we had been planning for a long time but wasn't able to do for months due to the pandemic. Thanks to the lack of feline companions, we've recently dealt with our most severe mouse infestation yet. We've found them everywhere. Inside the house, in our vehicles, and everywhere else you wouldn't want a mouse to be!

Because my dogs tend to have major issues with male cats, we have decided that whatever one we're getting will have to be female. If my parents are okay with it, I'm thinking about paying tribute to the SML cat that recently passed away and naming her Precious. But I have a feeling they won't like that name, it sounds a bit too Gollum-ish or something lol.

But yeah, after so long. I can't wait to finally get a cat again! I love the dogs very much but there's something special about cats to me. After months and months, it will be incredibly refreshing to hear the beautiful sound of a cat purring again.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
FINALLY managed to get that first high note at the end of “Madolin Rain” by Bruce Hornsby after months of practicing and timing my vocal tones and breaths. It’s not easy.

Any Del

Reaction score
I wish I had that level of talent with Photoshop.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It took me years to even get to that level. And even to this day, I'm still learning and figuring out new, better, or more effective techniques.

One thing I kind of wish I knew how to do is color and shade something in a way that makes it a little more realistic, like so: