The new What Made You Smile Today thread

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, I mean, it didn't snow down here, but I'll happily take a day like this in April, as they're increasingly rarer and rarer in recent years.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
On this day in 2001, my parents first said “I do”.

They’ve been together through several moves, job changes, a few times in the hospital, a house fire, and two pregnancies.

But they also had some wonderful trips to Nashville, Gatlinburg, Disney World, Minnesota, and a B-52s concert in Albuquerque (while she was pregnant with me).

Here’s to another 20 years, mom and dad.
Apart from the fire and pregnancies, that sounds like my last twenty years.
Disney World, Nashville, Niagara Falls, more hospital stays than I can count, meeting quite a few Sesame people, and stumbling on here by accident.
But as Bob Ross said, there are no mistakes. Just happy accidents.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Another sudden and unexpected random day of sweater weather.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
We had my dog Buster in the house with us yesterday and my dad was watching a documentary about silent film actor, Buster Keaton in the background while we were petting him. Every time they said Buster Keaton's name in the documentary, Buster the dog would wag his tail. It was so adorable! I guess he thought the people on the TV were talking about him or something lol.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Happy Star Wars Day. May the 4th be with you.
Back in 1977 when the first film came out I was nine. I wish I could tell you back then what a big cultural moment that film was.
Back then, there was barely any cable, no Netflix, no HBO plus, no Hulu, no DVDs or anything you have today. The only way to see Star Wars, you had to go to the movies.
I saw it twice, but it wasn’t uncommon for people to see it twenty times or more.
This was way before it became Disney property, when the big names behind it were George Lucas and 20th Century Fox.
Lucas certainly added enough high-tech razzle dazzle. Excellent casting. And basically a great tale of good and evil.
And a merchandising campaign like the world has never seen.
Later installments were meh. Even if Lucas never followed up with The Empire Strikes Back or Return of the Jedi, he still gave the world one perfect movie.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I had a Quarter Pounder With Cheese from
McDonald’s yesterday, and I'm going to be having a Big Mac today.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Guess who got his second dose of COVID vaccine today? This guy! Not only that but we also made pizza for dinner and are planning on watching the second Family Guy Star Wars special tonight to celebrate May the 4th.

So in other words, my day can be summed up perfectly in one Simpsons meme:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The return of cooler weather for a few days . . . which is kind of a silly thing to smile about, yeah, but the thing of it is, since Climate Change, this isn't normal anymore. Sure, it used to be normal before Climate Change for the first few days of May to still be relatively coolish, but since Climate Change, the entire month of May is usually just straight-up hot and humid. Looking forward to Friday night.