The new What Made You Smile Today thread

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
If I’m ever fortunate enough to win the lottery, two things I want to buy:

1) I’m gonna buy a llama to keep in my backyard, and name her Dolly.

2) I’m gonna buy a yacht and name it The Passing Wind.

cjd874

Reaction score
If I’m ever fortunate enough to win the lottery, two things I want to buy:

1) I’m gonna buy a llama to keep in my backyard, and name her Dolly.

2) I’m gonna buy a yacht and name it The Passing Wind.
You have won the forum today, Brian. A+ dad jokes for the win.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
What’s today’s prize? An oven mitt or a bottle of dehydrated water?

cjd874

Reaction score
What’s today’s prize? An oven mitt or a bottle of dehydrated water?
Even better than dehydrated water...you've won a bottle of frozen water! You can keep it in your freezer, or stick it in the microwave and it becomes melted ice in JUST MINUTES! ISN'T THAT AMAZING?!

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
On this day in 1970, Time magazine did a feature story on Sesame Street, and Big Bird was put on the cover.
The second season was just two weeks old, but the article pointed to a few new surprises.

The first human addition was Jaime Sanchez as Miguel. He would only last a season, but a year later we’d get Rafael, Luis, David, and Maria.

Kermit was retired, to be replaced by Herbert Birdsfoot.

The numbers in the curriculum would expand to 20.

A dozen or more new cartoons would come from John and Faith Hubley’s Storyboard Studios.

A brand new Sesame Street monthly magazine will hit newsstands by Christmas.

So 1971 was gonna be a great year. And 2-year-old me was ready to take it all in.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I had been having a pretty awful day today (for personal reasons I don't feel comfortable sharing online) and felt like I needed some Sesame Street to make me feel better. So I made some popcorn and pulled up a YouTube copy of the Sing, Hoot, and Howl VHS. I figured that this one would be perfect because I hadn't seen it in almost 20 years.

Wow! I can't even begin to describe how much that video made me feel better. I knew that it was going to cheer me up but I wasn't expecting it to that level at all. Listening to such awesome classics as Baa-Baa Bamba, We Are All Earthlings, Cats Have Kittens, and I'm Proud To Be a Cow for the first time in decades was such a fun experience for me. Plus some of the jokes they incorporated into the segments with Big Bird made me laugh a lot. That watchdog pun was brilliant lol.

So yeah, thanks to Sesame Street I'm going to be able to sleep peacefully tonight. I was all prepared to have a horrible night to compliment the terrible day I just had but nope, SS saved my night completely and I couldn't feel happier :wisdom::frown::stick_out_tongue::laugh::batty::super::insatiable::grouchy::search:. Speaking of which, I sure hope that cute little Muppet cat shows up in my dreams tonight. I just love that adorable character design and want to pet him so bad!

Last edited: