The new What Made You Smile Today thread

D'Snowth

Reaction score
He's definitely got that aging former rock god look going on, I have to say.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Big food tip for anybody interested. Instead of putting ketchup on whatever you put ketchup on, try Heinz 57 sauce instead. Even comes in little bottles you can get at the dollar store. Tell them Fuzzy sent ya.

Cookie3001

Reaction score
I had at least one or two of those as a little kid but got rid of them. I have been looking for a copy "Grover and the Everything in the Whole Wide World Museum" for a few years now, they had it at my doctors office when I was little but I only ever looked at it once, It has now become m new favorite SS book

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Had fun with a telemarketer today. They used to be more common back in the days of landlines, so this was a rare treat.
Most people hate telemarketers, trying to sell you something you don't want or need.
Most people just hang up on them. I used to until I developed a game to make them hang up on you. Sometimes I would listen to their sales pitch, acting like I might be interested in whatever crap they're selling. At random points, I might scream or belch into the phone. If they didn't hang up, I'd do it again a minute later.
Once I strung someone along so far, she thought she'd actually make a sale. It was some worthless life insurance or something.
My address: (@Old Thunder would appreciate this):
666 Ozzy Lane, Circle 9
Mockingbird Heights, NJ 08666
Telephone (862) 555-6161
My name, Brian Galmickeymouse.

She copied down all the bogus information,and even read the name back for accuracy.
G-a-l-m-I-c-k-e-y-m-o-u-s-e.
The beautiful part was she had absolutely no idea I was pulling her leg. No, I ripped it out of her socket!

So somewhere in the ninth circle (the deepest pit in h&//) is a policy with Mr. Galmickeymouse's name on it.

If they want to waste my time, I'm perfectly happy to waste theirs.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Was it someone from a foreign country who wasn't familiar with Mickey Mouse or something? Because surely anybody would have called bullcrap on your information, lol.

Cookie3001

Reaction score
I love messing with telemarketers. I usually do it in Muppet and Sesame Street character voices. I messed with the same telemarketer twice, once as The Swedish Chef :hungry: and once as Beaker :eek:. My favorite was one time when I talked to a telemarketer as Elmo, I remember saying something like "Elmo can't buy anything, Elmo only has a little bit of money in his piggy bank" and "Elmo really wants to be your friend". But what I remember most was how annoyed the telemarketer was with me, I think he knew I was messing with him so he got his boss on the phone who was very angry, after "Elmo" asked him several time if he wanted to be his friend this happened...
Telemarketer: my god, stop ******* with me you little ****
Me (as Elmo): uh oh, you said a bad word, Elmo is going to tell your mommy, Elmo's mommy says it's not nice to say those words and we don't say that on Sesame Street
then he hung up