The new What Made You Smile Today thread

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
This is why I honestly just ended up selling the DVDs. Because even Shout Factory couldn’t get the uncut episodes.

But you really gotta love how double standard they are. They’ll censor Ren and Stimpy and Rocko no problem, but Spongebob gets to remain uncut simply because it’s their cash cow. 🙄 minus the episode “Just One Bite.”

D'Snowth

Reaction score
And clearly, the episodes they put on DVD didn't come from any kind of master materials or anything - they look exactly the way they appear on Nick from broadcast tapes or something.

At least Seasons 2-4 got some decent little special features.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
What made you became suicidal if I may ask? If you don't feel comfortable explaining it that's totally fine by me.
No, I'm comfortable discussing it.
Basically, I thought, I'm in my 30s now, and what have I done with my life? At that point a business venture fell apart, my drunken father saying I was a failure, I haven't become a Christian yet, and I really thought if I went away, nobody would notice.
Almost three thousand commit suicide every day, what's one more?
From the moment I put the pills down, things slowly got better. And I mean S-L-O-W_L-Y.
But then I started a new job, new path, new people in my life, and I never looked back.
Since then, although my life has not been all wine and roses, over the last 20 years I met people and experienced things I wouldn't trade for anything. And knowing God loves me, just like he loves all of you, filled an emptiness in my life no one else can.
And I feel the best is yet to come.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I confess having similar feelings myself in years past - especially throughout the last decade or so. Seeing how both of my parents' overall physical health has really deteriorated in recent years, and knowing they're both kind of dependent on me now, I almost feel as though without me, how would they manage day in and day out? They certainly can't afford live-in health providers, and they're certainly not in bad enough shape that they'd need to be in an old folks home.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Seeing this cute drawing of the Teen Titans cast in their “Teen Titans Go!” form on twitter!

This seriously made my night!

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
@fuzzygobo at least you managed to figure out your life by 30. Many people haven’t been so lucky to get to that point even at 40.
I got married at 32 (which for my generation was late. 3/4 of my class was already settled down with families when I tied the knot). But there is no magic number of when to be married, when to have kids, it's all perception. One college classmate of mine thought if you're not married by 30, you're doing something wrong. He's 51 and still single, and actually had a nervous breakdown because he wasn't married. False expectations won't do you any good.
However, another classmate of mine, is my age, still single, and still living at home.
And it's not like he's taking care of his parents, his parents, in their 70s, are still taking care of him! The math got screwed up somewhere.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
@fuzzygobo at least you managed to figure out your life by 30. Many people haven’t been so lucky to get to that point even at 40.
I know it's an overwhelming responsibility to look after your folks, and it can feel like a burden. But they have you and that is a huge blessing.
Last year during my frequent hospital stays, I saw elderly people who have nobody. No family, no friends, nobody who cares, and that is a shame.
As hard as it is on you right now, you're doing the right thing.