The New What Made You Frown Today Thread

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Sorry for your loss. He had a good life I’m sure. He’ll always be watching over you.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
My condolences. But he’s not suffering any more. I know your pain after losing my dad, so you’re not totally alone.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I saw my dad's body one last time today before he's cremated (which I personally was against, but both of my parents agreed on it simply because it's the cheapest thing they can do with his remains). It was one of the saddest sights I have ever seen in my entire life . . . no color in his skin, his eyes were sunken in, and he was so thin and emaciated, it almost looked like he was just a head sticking out from under a slack sheet.

It all feels so unreal.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I know. 13 years ago when my dad died, my whole family was there when they took him off the ventilator. I thought he’d begone in a few minutes, but he actually hung on until the next morning.
I drove home that night to get a few hours sleep and feed my cats. I drove back to the hospital the next morning, but I missed his passing by ten minutes.
Seeing my dad’s cold body gave me shivers too. I’ve been to more funerals than I can count, but when it’s your own father, man it’s rough.
My dad was buried, so first there was the wake, then the actual funeral. My brother and I were two of the six pall bearers (polar bears?) so we were the last ones to see him lowered in the ground.
Then afterwards comes the repast where every good Irish family gets blotto drunk.
On the Jewish side of the family it’s called the shiva, but equally blotto.

I know your loss will be with you for a while. Like Hawkeye once said, you don’t forget it, but you can learn to live with it. I made my peace with his death, I pray you make yours. Not right now, but someday.

CoolGuy1013

Reaction score
Never, and I mean NEVER read fan fiction about other fictional universes experiencing the snap from Infinity War while listening to “Candle in the Wind”. You’ll wind up with relentless depression like I did.

To make matters worse, I tried to type a comment on the fic as feedback, but I was logged out of AO3. I tried to log back in, but I think I threw away the paper with my password on it. I’m logged out of DeviantArt too, so until further notice, Harrisverse is cancelled.

EDIT: Nevermind, I reset my password. I’m back in now, Harrisverse is back on!

Last edited:

CoolGuy1013

Reaction score
I woke up with a sore throat. I went to school for 1 period before it got too severe, and I had to go home.
I’m not usually happy when I’m taken out of school (I’m usually worried about the work I’m missing), but it was even worse today due to the COVID-19 Pandemic.
I had to get tested for COVID to prove I could go back to school, and it was a pain since I was doing that on a virtual meeting, which my mom and I had trouble setting up (luckily, I tested negative). And I still feel the pain in my throat.

CoolGuy1013

Reaction score
I woke up with a sore throat. I went to school for 1 period before it got too severe, and I had to go home.
I’m not usually happy when I’m taken out of school (I’m usually worried about the work I’m missing), but it was even worse today due to the COVID-19 Pandemic.
I had to get tested for COVID to prove I could go back to school, and it was a pain since I was doing that on a virtual meeting, which my mom and I had trouble setting up (luckily, I tested negative). And I still feel the pain in my throat.
OK, a little update.
I went to the doctor today, and she said I have a cold. Nothing too serious, and I’ll probably go back to school tomorrow.