The New What Made You Frown Today Thread

animalrescuer

Reaction score
Well, we’ve been having electrical circuit problems for several weeks, more specifically, the circuit for my room and my parents’ bedroom and the upstairs bathroom my brother and I use.

The problem has gotten progressively worse and now it won’t work at all! When my dad tried to fix it, nothing happened! My parents reported the problem to the electrician that helped build the house, but obviously, the problem wasn’t a priority of his!

I thought having a new house finally would be great, but NOOOO! And it’s obvious the electrician doesn’t consider my family as top priority when it comes the fixing the circuit! I’m just fed up and so is my mom!

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Just hearing that Toys 'R Us is pretty much ****** at this point. :smirk:

Really sad to hear that. I remember getting some Animaniacs stuffed dolls there as well as some ERTL Thomas toys.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Honestly, the way they've been closing down locations all over the country for years, I'm surprised they're even still in operations at this point. The location in my neck of the woods shut down 3-4 years ago, and the only one left was all the way on the other side of town.

I'm just glad they actually had the new Chipmunks merchandise in-store, because everyone else only had it online.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
You don't seem to be a big fan of purchasing stuff online, do you?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Like I said, it's a bigger hassle than actually getting it in the store: you gotta order it without seeing it first hand to know if it's exactly what you want, you got to wait several days for it to ship, when it finally arrives, there's the possibility of shipping damage (happens a lot) or even receiving the wrong item altogether (happened to me before too), then you have to send it back and wait even longer to either receive a replacement or to have your money refunded to your card. I'd much rather walk into the store, make sure what I'm purchasing is as desired, pay for it, return home in the same day. I know that seems like too much for lazy people to handle, but it's honestly a whole lot simpler.

I don't mind ordering stuff from eBay or Etsy, but other than that.

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
I lost my library book on Wednesday, and I still can't find it! I know exactly where I lost it, but it's like it disappeared into thin air! :confused: :grouchy:

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
Like I said, it's a bigger hassle than actually getting it in the store: you gotta order it without seeing it first hand to know if it's exactly what you want, you got to wait several days for it to ship, when it finally arrives, there's the possibility of shipping damage (happens a lot) or even receiving the wrong item altogether (happened to me before too), then you have to send it back and wait even longer to either receive a replacement or to have your money refunded to your card. I'd much rather walk into the store, make sure what I'm purchasing is as desired, pay for it, return home in the same day. I know that seems like too much for lazy people to handle, but it's honestly a whole lot simpler.

Same here. I prefer buying things physically than buying them online, even though there's some exclusive stuff that you can only get online, like Steven Universe merch, which is darn near impossible to find in stores.

But what really saddens me is that Americans are now so lazy that they order their groceries online from their cell phone and have them delivered to their house. Like, really? You can't just get off your fat lazy behind and go to Walmart instead??

D'Snowth

Reaction score
But what really saddens me is that Americans are now so lazy that they order their groceries online from their cell phone and have them delivered to their house. Like, really? You can't just get off your fat lazy behind and go to Walmart instead??
That's really a bad idea. You really think store employees are going to take the time to check for the freshest produce? Check for the best cut of meat? Check the latest date on a jug of milk? I mean, I hate grocery shopping, and yes, loading groceries in the car and unloading them when you get home is a chore and a hassle, but it's just something you have to do - like making the bed, or cleaning the house, or mowing the lawn . . . somethings you just have to do.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score

Can understand that. If there's something I know I can get in stores then I'll just take a drive down. If it's out of print or am having trouble finding something I want, then online it is. (How else do you think I got my Twice Upon a Time DVD?).

Remember when TV's and computers were fat and people were flat?

Neither do I.