The new season of "The Price is Right". What are you're thought's?

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
As you all know, Drew Carrie's first episode of "The Price Is Right" started today. I'm wondering what everybody's thoughts are about him as the new hosts? I have to say that I have to get used to the redone music, though. Personally from what I've seen today, the show and him just seem to be a good fit. By the way it was the 76th perfect perfect episode in history of the show where every player on stage won something and there we're to dollar winners in the showcase showdown today also. But what a good way to start out. It seems that ,maybe he's a good Luck charm for the show, LOL!

By the way if you haven't seen the show with him hosting yet you can respond when you get a chance to see Drew in action.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
They just had the an expensive prise that ranked in the top five most expensive prises in the history of the show today!

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Gee, new host. New music and scenery. Everybody wins. Then they have one of the most expensive prizes on the show ever to be given away. Looks like they are trying very hard to make this a success after Bob Barker. I like Drew Carrie but I don't think he will be good at this. He seems to need a script to succeed and seems a bit nervous or tight during the show. Maybe it's opening night jitters.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Although I personally miss Bob Barker, I think Drew's first days are going alright. But yeah, I agree with you MuppetsRule, I believe the stilted delivery and nervousness is probably due to opening night jitters. I mean, he's trying to replace a man who's been on the show for 35 years!

Who wouldn't be nervous trying to fill those shoes?

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I agree with you about him being nervous trying to fill Bob Barker's shows. But I saw him on Ellen the other day doing a game from the show and the y were giving a contestant who won another chance and he was just so on point and professional and confident about what he was doing. So i think that he's probably getting the hang of things after how ever many episodes he taped by now. But I think he'll be able to feel comfortable in his roll as hosts. I know that his style id different. Bob was so dead pan in his delivery and didn't crack from the peoples excitement, while drew seems to be more relaxed and just falling apart laughing at how the contestants react about being on the show.

muppet baby

Reaction score
I hate to say this but i missed the first show with drew carry :cry: i really wanted to see but i did get to see later on that week and i like him in it a lot .

i hate that bob quit on his own but he had a GREAT RUN WITH THE SHOW and he is very old now and needed to retire and rest it every one has to reire from there job some time .
Any way, i did hear that everyone won something on the first show with drew lol .

What was the biggist price won that day or in the shows history for that matter i did here that .

what was the biggist prize is my main question though really

i am just glad that the price is right is still here all to gether i love iit so much and it is the best tv game , and am really not a tv game show person . i hope that makes sense any way i love it :excited:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Well, it classic and I love it way more compared to the game shows in prime time today.

But the fifth most expensive in the history of the show that they were giving away was a Dodge Viper worth 91,000 dollars. Unfortunately it was not won by the contestant who was playing for it.