The New New Quote Thread

Misskermie

Reaction score
"I want to make love to Pierce in front of live studio audience!"

-Female Boss Voice 2 (The Russian One), Saints Row: The Third

(Honestly one of my favorite quotes in the whole game lol)

CBPuppets

Reaction score
Lord Lew Grade: That's the entertainment business you have to have appeal, you have to have a hunch. You can't simply go by words when you read the script, you can't by the words of the script's say, you have to visualize what could happen.
--Henson's Place--

Misskermie

Reaction score
"Hey there, I'm Blooey. ...And this guy is a total liar! Don't listen to him! You heard his story, right? Well, he did TRY to throw me, but he completely tripped! And what happens? I end up landing in lava! LAVA, man! You think that feels good? Thanks to him, you can stick a fork in me! I'm well-done! My pale skin's crispified! I'll NEVER forgive this guy! I'm gonna make him pay if it takes my whole lifetime! That's the ONLY reason I'm still hanging around with him. YOU'LL PAY, LUIGI!"

-Blooey the Blooper, Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

CBPuppets

Reaction score
Blackfire: Beast Boy! What's up?

Beast Boy: Nothing but the ceiling, baby.

Blackfire: (giggles) Good one!

Beast Boy: See? She thinks I'm funny.

Raven: Statistically, I suppose someone has to.

--Teen Titans Episode: Sisters--

D'Snowth

Reaction score
MAD MAN MOONEY: That's my Jack.
KERMIT: Oh, hi, Jack!
SWEETUMS: Jack no name! Jack job!

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
"I spent half my life in the military. I used to come home, take off my little soldier hat, put on my painter's hat, and there, I'd build the kind of world that I wanted. It was peaceful, it was quiet, there was no hassles, nobody was yelling... and it was good. Everything was good. Nobody was going to get shot or hurt, not in my world... and it's a happy place." - Bob Ross

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Dan Becker: Letters to Santa was the first Muppet movie in widescreen, right?
Kirk Thatcher: In 16:9 or 2:35?
Dan: I see that one of the notes about the movie is it's the first Muppet movie shot in widescreen. I was curious if that added a pain to shooting.
Kirk: I think what they mean is we shot it in 16:9 because until that time, they forced us to frame everything for TV for 4:3.
Nate Begle: It was before everybody started getting widescreen TVs.
Kirk: So we'd shoot it in widescreen, but then cover all the action.
Dan: Does it change anything having to shoot the Muppets in a different aspect ratio?
Kirk: It's a big nightmare for me. Here's a perfect example: "I want you to do a painting of my wife or my family, but I'm gonna give you a canvas that's 16 inches by 9 inches or 32 by 18, but I want you to put everything in the 4-by-3 portion. So you gotta not put anything interesting in the 20% of the left and right of the frame, or if you do I might frame it out." That's fine for a still shot, but when things are moving, it becomes a nightmare. Finally on LTS, I said "We gotta stop doing this cause everything looks like crap." In fact somebody dissed Very Merry Muppet Christmas and said "The director doesn't know how to frame a shot, it's the ugliest frame." I'm like "Screw you, pal, I had to frame it for 2 formats at the same time." So I think that's what they're referring to, cause we didn't shoot it in 2:35, we shot it in 16:9 which is hi-def standard now. All three of the Muppet movies I've done were shot that way, but LTS we didn't release a 4:3 cut of it. Everyone agreed "We don't have to frame for that anymore." We just used the whole frame. It was very frustrating the first 2 movies, you just composed uglier, wired looking shots, because everything's crammed in the center of the frame.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I completely disagree with Kirk on this, but whatever.

And LTS was a special, not a movie.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
MASH was owned by Fox.

Fox was bought by Disney.

Klinger is now a Disney Princess! 8)

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
JD Hansel: Have either of you seen the new Muppet Babies, and if so, what are your thoughts on it? Because I thought it was just fine.
Jarrod Fairclough: I've seen every episode. The reason being is because, my 4-year-old niece loves it. My 7-year-old niece doesn't really care about Muppets, but I managed to get my 4-year-old niece into it, so she loves it. So it's become our thing that she and I would watch MB together, so I've seen every episode. And I'll tell you now, it's fantastic. It's fresh, it's funny, you can tell a lot of love has gone into it. They put little obscure references in the show, that if you weren't a big Muppet fan, you wouldn't really have much idea of what they're talking about. In one episode they do Muppet Ladder, which of coarse was introduced in Muppets Most Wanted. And they just reference "Muppet Ladder? OK, let's do Muppet Ladder." They don't explain what Muppet Ladder is, it's just if you know what MMW is, you'll know what Muppet Ladder is. You've got images of obscure Muppets in the background, Statler and Waldorf are still grumpy, but they're nice-grumpy if that makes sense. The voices are incredible, the voices are probably the best part of the whole thing, aside from Dee Bradley Baker who's playing Animal, I think he could stand to be a little deeper with his voice. But Matt Danner who's playing Kermit sounds eerily close to Matt Vogel's Kermit, it's strange. It sounds like a child version of Matt's Kermit, it doesn't sound like a child version of Jim Henson or Steve Whitmire's Kermit, it sounds like Matt Vogel. And Eric Bauza who's playing Fozzie, when he does the laugh, I actually thought "Have they just got a clip of Eric Jacobson's laugh and put it in?" Because it was that close.
JD: It's weird, cause the voices are what throw me off the most. Oddly enough, I think the voices take me out of it except for Dee Bradley Baker's Animal, which I think is perfectly fine. Weird how that works. I like the way Gonzo is played, I think Gonzo is played pretty well, I guess the voice for Fozzie is perfectly fine, the writing for Fozzie is strange at times. The writing for Gonzo's the best, I feel like they write that character really well, and I don't know what to make of Summer the Penguin. I feel like she's there just cause she needs to be.
Clayton Roederer: Just diversity quota, like having an extra girl.
JD: Not just that, I think that's part of it, but the reason I think they went with Summer instead of Skeeter or any other character they could have used, is cause with a penguin, you get a very marketable image that works well as a plush doll.