The mystery of 'No Bo' and other such questions...

Beauregard

Reaction score
Here is a genuine questian of (to me) importance. Why no Bo?

There has to be a reason...because, if I can think of perfect oppertunities for him to make appearences, surely the Muppet writers can...just don't...

I was very excited watching VMC because he appeared many times, backstage, and I was looking forward to Mwoo because he might be in it. But he wasn't...and that sets me thinking...why?

Beauregard...MIA?

He apeared in the Muppet's Take Manhatten, even though he had no lines. And then he dissapeared from veiw for a long time. MCC...no Beau. MTI...no Beau.

MCC: Wonder McGooch appeared. WHy was Beauregard not in that scene? It would have been a perfect place to make an appearence. He could have helped guess what Nephew Fred was thinking of...but he didn't...

MTI: He could AT LEAST have walked out the door at the Admiral Benbow Inn...and at best have been sweeping the dock rather than teh strange Long-nose-to-Chin fellow...

Muppet's From Space. Finally! He ahs returned. I see him there...and then...oh bother..where's his line? Hello! Did you forget your line, Bo? Nope. They didn't write him one. "Good morning Bbbbbbbob," is said. But, who is Bob? No one I've heard off....and it wasa sheep that said it. Why not Beauregard! Why didn't He get a line! Just One Small Line!

KSY...well...no one appeared in that...

VMC: Yes! He is here! And Here! and there, and there, and here...and...Beauregard? Lost your voice? Beauregard! Nope. No line from him. In a deleted scene he say "Oh," as Santa pushes past him. But, why couldn't he have said. "That's not Nicey Nicey," when Ms Bittterman stole Pepe! Grrrrrrr!

Now Mwoo...no Beau.

So, has Dave forgotten how to do his voice? His Puppet is obviouly still usuable as evidenced by VMC...but his voice? Where? And I mean, Dave is still a living performer.

That, for today, is my rant and questian.

DanDanStrawberry

Reaction score
I know! He was performed by Dave, and Dave is still with us [but for how long....I fear]. Anyway, we're seeing the return of Crazy Harry and Scooter- so Beau could definitely be around the corner

ps. Knew straight away this thread was by you; questian. Lol

Vic Romano

Reaction score
It is kinda' weird that despite such a huge cast of characters, there's a helthy list of characters that could still perform, or at the very least make an experience. One great thing about the Muppet storybooks that were out in the 80's and 90's was the thousands of one shot cameo appearances of characters and in some cases sets and props. I think the book is called "If You Were Kermit" where Floyd and Animal have a one page cameo appearance where they're doing a jam session on the steps of Sesame Street! It was nice to see Crazy Harry in MWoO, but why wasn't he in IAVMMC when Jerry was still performing?

And what's happened to Robin? Where's he been!?

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Jerry Nelson has retired from performing his TMS Characters. He still performs on SS (Per Secret Squirrel). I miss his characters already, too!

Also, with Dave still around, I cannot see why there is no Beau! I always loved Beau. Would love to have him back, along with Rowlf and the EM Band and more. Thank GOODNESS we got Scooter back, though!!

Beauregard

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind, you see, if I knew there was a reason. But his just dissapearing for no reason is too terrable for me to bare...

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Could be that the puppet is in disrepair? Ugh! I hope not! That would be terrible.

Beauregard

Reaction score
No! We already know this is not the fact because he was in VMC for so much! Practically every scene for the first half...so unless it's his mouth mechanism that is in disrepair....which I imagine could be mended if it were...then, why else would he be absent without leave?

MWoO

Reaction score
It's a matter of no one getting lines other than Kermit, Rizzo, Pepe, Gonzo, Piggy, Fozzie, Sam, Statler, Waldorf, Scooter (HE"S BACK), and someties the Chef. This was pretty much the case with MWoO and AVMMC. It also happened in MFS for the most part I think. There is no reason for this though.

When you have a movie you should be able to do more with the cast of characters you have. Limit Statler and Waldorf to there 2 jokes per movie (AND MAKE THEM FUNNY). Let KErmit interact with Gonzo and Fozzie in the same scene so that more lines can be given to other characters. I think they can do it if they really want to take advantage of the amount of characters. It doesn't take much. Just a couple lines here and there for Beau and Lew and others. I think Lew was use nicely in AVMMC, why not Beau?

Beauregard

Reaction score
Yes, Lew was Fabulous and unexpected in VMC (made me jump...) but...why no Beau? I would love to hear the official statement on that. I was no oversite by an underling.

Harvey Towers

Reaction score
You can please some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some
of the time, but you can not please all of the people all of the time.